Windows 10: Computer is hot while gaming; is it normal?

Discus and support Computer is hot while gaming; is it normal? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; To be exact, my computer temperature goes from 60-80 degrees Celsius when playing intensive games, like Fortnite. I have an HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VictorSosa_392, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Computer is hot while gaming; is it normal?

To be exact, my computer temperature goes from 60-80 degrees Celsius when playing intensive games, like Fortnite.

I have an HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop with:

8.00 GB of RAM

AMD Ryzen 5 (3.6 GHz)

AMD Radeon RX 580 Graphics card

Is this increase in temperature normal?

:)

VictorSosa_392, Nov 25, 2018

2. When playing games the hot keys are active

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable Hot Keys and check if that helps.

• Right click anywhere on your desktop screen and select Graphics Options.

• Navigate to Hot Keys and then click on Disable.

• Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Computer makes buzzing and lags my games Windows 10

Hi,

This issue may arise due to: outdated drivers or third party conflicts.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • How are you playing the game? Is it through app or online game?
    • Do you get any error message while playing the game?
    • Is this issue specific to particular game or all?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Follow the below steps.

Steps 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to place your computer in Clean Boot state as below and check whether the issue persists or not.

Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

Follow the article How to perform a clean boot in Windows in the below link and check if it helps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135
    (Applies to Windows 10 as well).

NOTE: Once you perform clean boot do refer to the section
    “How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting” to boot the computer in normal mode.

Method 2: I suggest you to Update display drivers
    and check if it helps.

To Update display driver, please follow these steps:

• Press Windows + X keys and click
      Device manager.
    • Click to expand Display adapters, right click the adapter and click
      Update.
    • Restart the computer and the basic driver will be updated automatically.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to download the install the Display drivers from manufactures website for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Computer is hot while gaming; is it normal?

Game Bar freezes Computer

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better please provide us more information.

• What is the model number of the computer?

• Which game are you trying to play?
    • Try playing other games and check what the status is.
    Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. Visit the below link:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us...for-5th-generation-intel-core-processors.html

Method 3.

For the sound issue try the below steps.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall/reinstall the sound adapter driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Sound, video and game controllers
      to expand, right click on the device and click on uninstall.

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the sound adapter driver.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Sound, video and game controllers and right click on it and
      update the software.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

Computer is hot while gaming; is it normal?

1. Computer is hot while gaming; is it normal? - Similar Threads - Computer hot while

2. Computer Crash While Gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Crash While Gaming: Hi,I've had my computer crash without a BSOD for the past few weeks while gaming. It doesn't always happen, but it's been happing more frequently recently. I've gathered the .dmp files and the EventView System logs...
  3. Computer is rebooting while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer is rebooting while gaming: I check the event viewer and this is what I found.The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffffa70b3abe9010, 0xfffff8072fdd3ac0, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  4. Computer is crashing while gaming.

Computer is crashing while gaming.: Hello, I am Jimy. My PC completely shuts off while gaming. Dcom10016 shows up in Event viewer. I tried deleting the permission files DefaultAccessPermission DefaultLaunchPermission MachineAccessRestriction MachineLaunchRestriction, nofix. APPID...
  5. Computer crashes while gaming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer crashes while gaming: Specs:Nvidia rtx 3070Intel i7 - 10700kfGot a new gpu after having an old one get faulty a couple days ago and every time i boot up a game my pc either instantly crashes and then reboots, or i can play it for a bit and then it crashes and reboots. when i say crash i mean a...
  6. Computer hardlocks while gaming

Computer hardlocks while gaming: During some gaming sessions, my computer randomly hardlocks. It happend in various games, and also while trying XCloud on MS Edge but not on Chrome.According to the Windows stability report tool, it could be related to the Radeon Adrenalin drivers, because they also fail...
  7. Computer Crashing While Gaming

Computer Crashing While Gaming: Hello, this is my report from event viewer on a blue screen I keep experiencing, any help would be amazing. Fault bucket AV_ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE!unknown_function, type 0 Event Name: BlueScreen Response: Not available Cab Id: 8038fd2d-9896-4a09-81f7-d30e011cb5db...
  8. Computer is hot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer is hot: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] When I updated, my computer was hot.I turned on the computer and did nothing for 5 minutes when the temperature went up to 74 degrees. What should I do?...
  9. Hot and crashes while idle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hot and crashes while idle: Hi, I have an Asus Laptop wich is runnig hot while idle untill it crashes and I return to a black screen and have to hold the power untill it restarts. I have tried a lot of things, but can not seem to find what is causing it. I have used driver verification, but it got...
  10. BSOD while gaming and normal using

BSOD while gaming and normal using: First sorry for my bad english so i can not explain clearly, but i got BSOD so many time before my hdd broke and after i got a new one i still have it So here my minidump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlPcZHLs2ZE1i16ooN_24kTbC1Rd I need someone can read it and could help me out of...