Windows 10: computer is kinda broken things wont download or open

Discus and support computer is kinda broken things wont download or open in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; so basically my pc was running fine until a couple days ago it just started malfunctioning, ie things stopped working. discord valorant spotify chrome... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by whoisruna, Sep 19, 2022.

1. whoisruna Win User

computer is kinda broken things wont download or open

so basically my pc was running fine until a couple days ago it just started malfunctioning, ie things stopped working. discord valorant spotify chrome etc works perfectly fine but the rest not so much. as in roblox wouldnt open when i tried to play it so i stupidly decided to delete n then reinstall but it refuses to. it comes up with some kind of error message Details: Unable to open file for writing: C:\Users\******\AppData\Local\Roblox\Downloads.part: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another processits driving me nuts cos i have no idea what to do ive tried eve

:)

whoisruna, Sep 19, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. computer is kinda broken things wont download or open :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 19, 2022
  3. Wont shutdown 100%

Hi,

This issue may have occurred due to some broken system file components. To help you on this, we suggest that you reset and restore all default power plans to its default settings. Please follow the steps below:

• Open Command Prompt as an administrator.
    • Type powercfg –restoredefaultschemes and press
      Enter.
    • Restart your device to apply the changes.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Sep 19, 2022
  4. computer is kinda broken things wont download or open

settings wont open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the below question to understand the situation better,

• Are you facing this issue on a local account or the Microsoft Account?
    Please follow the below steps and check if it works,

• Press “Windows key + I” to open the Settings screen.
    I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer and then sign in to the Administrator account to check if this helps

Reply us if you have further queries. We will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Sep 19, 2022
Thema:

computer is kinda broken things wont download or open

1. computer is kinda broken things wont download or open - Similar Threads - computer kinda broken

2. MS store wont open, and wont download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS store wont open, and wont download: Hey, I have tried absolutely everything. I cannot download or open MS store. Every time I try to open it it says I need to download a new app to open it. So I try to download it but the only thing that downloads when I click the download links is a pdf of terms and...
  3. MS store wont open, and wont download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS store wont open, and wont download: Hey, I have tried absolutely everything. I cannot download or open MS store. Every time I try to open it it says I need to download a new app to open it. So I try to download it but the only thing that downloads when I click the download links is a pdf of terms and...
  4. MS store wont open, and wont download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. computer is kinda broken things wont download or open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer is kinda broken things wont download or open: so basically my pc was running fine until a couple days ago it just started malfunctioning, ie things stopped working. discord valorant spotify chrome etc works perfectly fine but the rest not so much. as in roblox wouldnt open when i tried to play it so i stupidly decided to...
  6. computer is kinda broken things wont download or open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer is kinda broken things wont download or open: so basically my pc was running fine until a couple days ago it just started malfunctioning, ie things stopped working. discord valorant spotify chrome etc works perfectly fine but the rest not so much. as in roblox wouldnt open when i tried to play it so i stupidly decided to...
  7. WiFi kinda broken but very weird

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi kinda broken but very weird: I connect to my WiFi, it says "Connected no Internet" i tried following some fixes with DHCP and such, also tried other access points. Why Can't I get internet?BUUUTwhen i turn my VPN on, internet works!Help![moved from de-de]...
  8. explorer kinda broken.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    explorer kinda broken.: I'm getting the good ol black screen with just a cursor after logging in thing and it's driving me fucking crazy. I thought it was some windows update so I uninstalled most recent updates yet problem remains. I updated to the latest version and problems still there. I...
  9. Computer Opening Things When Typing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer Opening Things When Typing: So what happens is the sometimes my computer does weird things like when i try to type it opens apps and the only way to fix it is to restart the computer and this gets really annoying since today it happened to me about 4 times. Any help would be appreciated...
  10. my downloads wont open

in Windows 10 Customization
    my downloads wont open: When I download something it ask me will you allow this device/program make changes on you computer I click yes but it wont open please help. Thank you...