Windows 10: Computer is literally a disaster after an update

Discus and support Computer is literally a disaster after an update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So a while back my computer updated for an official Windows update, Since then my computer has just been downright broken. It started out with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BeaHappy, Aug 25, 2018.

1. BeaHappy Win User

Computer is literally a disaster after an update

So a while back my computer updated for an official Windows update, Since then my computer has just been downright broken.

It started out with a small error that would happen when I opened applications like Steam, nothing big, just a quick pop-up and everything was fine, nothing would happen it would just appear and be gone very quickly.

Then games started to crash and come up with an error that my graphics card wasn't connected.

I was very confused by this and attempted to update but by this point I literally couldn't download anything, I couldn't attempt to update my graphics card, I couldn't reinstall it, I couldn't even factory reset my computer; it would go to 3 percent and tell me it couldn't install so it was reverting changes.

At this point I cant use anything if it requires something more demanding than flash.

List of current errors

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000e5)"
    "Your PC can't project to another screen. Try reinstalling the driver or using a different video card."
    "2018-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4338819) - Error 0x8007007e"
    "Definition Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Definition 1.273.754.0) - Error 0x80240016"
    "C:\Users\*****\Desktop The specified path does not exist. Check the path, and then try again."

:)

BeaHappy, Aug 25, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Computer is literally a disaster after an update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 25, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10/Microsoft Update disaster 31.12.15

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter and Network Adapter troubleshooter

Method 2.

Try updating the Network Adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the Network Adapter drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand Network Adapter.

c. Right-click on the Ethernet and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Aug 25, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer is literally a disaster after an update - Similar Threads - Computer literally disaster

2. Windows Updates are a Disaster

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates are a Disaster: The updates on Windows 10, and now 11, are a total joke. Everytime one comes up, I'm forced to stop my work and spend the next 2-6 hours installing them. And that's if they download and install correctly. If not, I'm forced to spend the rest of my day with various...
  3. Windows Updates are a Disaster

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Updates are a Disaster: The updates on Windows 10, and now 11, are a total joke. Everytime one comes up, I'm forced to stop my work and spend the next 2-6 hours installing them. And that's if they download and install correctly. If not, I'm forced to spend the rest of my day with various...
  4. UPDATE APRIL DISASTER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UPDATE APRIL DISASTER: The update the other day obliterated my system. No recovery point available, so I tried to figure out how to fix the loss of my desktop , which left me without access to my default browser with saved passwords and ability to access a few programs. I have copied all my files,...
  5. UPDATE APRIL DISASTER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UPDATE APRIL DISASTER: The update the other day obliterated my system. No recovery point available, so I tried to figure out how to fix the loss of my desktop , which left me without access to my default browser with saved passwords and ability to access a few programs. I have copied all my files,...
  6. UPDATE APRIL DISASTER

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Latest DISASTER of an update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Latest DISASTER of an update: Microsoft- This updated already ruined one brand new computer, which I was fortuntaley able to return. It nearly ruined my second, until I connected a ISB keyboard, and rolled back the updates. I tried that on mymprevious computer and it would mot work. I had to do a full...
  8. February Update Disaster

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    February Update Disaster: My computer decided to force an update on me on 2/28/20. When it re-booted, I lost ALL my pictures/files/folders. This happened back during the "lovely", Octobre 2018 update. I even lost my "favourites", book marks, etc. from Google Chrome, as well. I tried to un-install...
  9. Update 1903 Disaster

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update 1903 Disaster: I bet this gets scrubbed of the Microsoft websites! My laptop has just updated to Windows 10 v.1903 of its own volition - disaster !! My data files - disappeared. Most of my apps and desktop shortcuts - disappeared. My email accounts - disappeared. My bookmarks -...
  10. Outlook 2010 After latest update = Disaster

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook 2010 After latest update = Disaster: This morning I downloaded a number of W10 updates onto my number 2 machine. This machine had my Hotmail and Outlook email accounts being managed via Microsoft Exchange. So, while I was messing around with this machine I thought that I would change them all to IMAP like my...