Windows 10: Computer is much slower when plugged in

Discus and support Computer is much slower when plugged in in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a HP laptop with Ryzen 5 8gb of Ram. I have recently been getting a much slower computer when it is plugged in. Its so bad that I can't do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by benauerbach, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Computer is much slower when plugged in

I have a HP laptop with Ryzen 5 8gb of Ram.

I have recently been getting a much slower computer when it is plugged in. Its so bad that I can't do Zoom on it. I have tried almost everything on the internet and nothing works. I have used multiple chargers. Im worried that one day I will forget to charge my computer overnight and I won't be able to attend school. Please put anything that could help me

Thanks

:)

benauerbach, Jan 10, 2021
  2. DianeGill Win User

about plug-in or plug-out with AC adapter

I have done all of the above and when I plug my computer in with a fully charged battery the screen still goes black - I am on Windows 10 and my computer is 3 days old - HP Pavillion Laptop - I know there has got to be an easy answer for this Problem - Like
    a setting somewhere, but I am used to using my computer plugged in at all times and I think that it is stupid that I have to take out the battery to do this??? Any more suggestions??? :-(

DianeGill, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Graydrake Win User
    My Computer is Plugged in but not Charging

My laptop computer is plugged in but not charging. The power supply will maintain the charge level (%), but not add to it. Removing and reinserting the battery allows the power supply to add to the % charge to 100%.

Steps performed:

• Turning the computer off and restarting it returns the computer to the Plugged in, Not Charging state.
    • Removing the battery again allows one complete charge, after which the laptop would no longer charge again.
    • I have used more than one power supply with the same condition.

To resolve the issue, I remove the battery, obtain a complete charge, and maintain this charge by always keeping the power supply plugged in.

What is the root of the problem?

Graydrake, Jan 10, 2021
  4. erocker Win User

Computer is much slower when plugged in

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

Computer is much slower when plugged in

1. Computer is much slower when plugged in - Similar Threads - Computer much slower

2. PC is much slower out of nowhere and fans are much quieter.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is much slower out of nowhere and fans are much quieter.: I was just using my PC when it suddenly started taking ages to open programs, running games at marginally lower fps than usually. Something else that happened at the same time was that my PC fans which are usually pretty loud became very quiet, but are still running. It...
  3. PC is much slower out of nowhere and fans are much quieter.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC is much slower out of nowhere and fans are much quieter.: I was just using my PC when it suddenly started taking ages to open programs, running games at marginally lower fps than usually. Something else that happened at the same time was that my PC fans which are usually pretty loud became very quiet, but are still running. It...
  4. PC is much slower out of nowhere and fans are much quieter.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop suddenly much slower when unplugged

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop suddenly much slower when unplugged: In the past few weeks, I've found that my VIAO laptop has become much, much slower, especially when not plugged in. It'll often take full minutes to load a site. It's a lot better though when it's plugged in but immediately slows down again as soon as I unplug it, even if it...
  6. My laptop runs slower when plugged in

My laptop runs slower when plugged in: About a year ago, my laptop started running considerably slower when plugged in to power when running games that were running perfectly fine earlier. I've tried going to other people's similar posts on this issue, but nothing I've tried has worked, and I'm finally at the...
  7. PC is much slower when unplugged

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC is much slower when unplugged: When I have my PC plugged in, it's running great (I checked in task manager, the clock speed hovers around the high end of 3.xx GHz). However, as soon as I unplug it, performance drops (the CPU speed visibly, immediately drops to around 1 GHz). The PC is still usable when...
  8. Windows getting too much slower

Windows getting too much slower: Hello, Last week I updated to windows10 OS to version 1803. Since that day my windows getting too much slow. For startup it takes about 6min an average. After starting it causes the problem of 100% disk usage. I have reset my laptop from seetings menu. But still I am...
  9. MS Access much slower on computation with Win 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Access much slower on computation with Win 10?: I have a MS Access database that requires a high level of computation when making changes to the SQL structure thru imported tables etc. With Win 7 on my Dell i7 XPS 8300 this took a few minutes. Now with a clean install of Win 10 and the same Access 2010 version it takes up...
  10. Reboots much slower after enabling AHCI

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reboots much slower after enabling AHCI: Hi. For some reason after enabling AHCI in my BIOS reboots are wayyyy slower than they used to be on IDE. On the windows loading screen before the login screen, It sits there and loads for almost a minute now. Before it used to be 20 seconds max. When doing a full shut down...