Windows 10: Computer is not idling.

Discus and support Computer is not idling. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've setup power plan to have 30% as minimum processor speed, but despite low 1-3% load CPU is not slowing down and even more - if I'm enabling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Игорь Лукьненков, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Computer is not idling.

I've setup power plan to have 30% as minimum processor speed, but despite low 1-3% load CPU is not slowing down and even more - if I'm enabling boosting in BIOS CPU is always trying to boost speed.

:)

Игорь Лукьненков, Oct 21, 2020
  2. Jonas Flo Win User

Bluetooth still on while idle

Thanks for following the steps. Now, the settings won't take effect if you are only using normal PC idle mode. Normal functionality of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi settings are to stay connected even if PC is idle. With the settings that you have created, we would
    suggest that you set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or
    Hibernate
    once idle. In this way, the settings "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" should take effect.

To set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or Hibernate when idle, please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel, set view by: Small
      icons.
    • Look for Power Options.
    • Click on Change when the computer sleeps on the left pane.
    • Set a timer.

Please try it out. Hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Windows 10 upgrade crashes while computer is idle.

Based on the Defrag suggestion, in Windows 10, I launched Task Scheduler, expanded the menu list on the left side and found the Defrag task item and hunted around on the tabs until I found a screen which had an "Enable" check box and UNCHECKED it. As a
    result the Defrag task showed up as Disabled.

It has been 15 hours and my idle computer hasn't frozen. It looks like there is some incompatibility between AMD boards (I have a Socket 939 Abit board... I know, it's old....) and Windows 10 automatic defrag launcher. I haven't tried a manual defrag yet,
    but at least the box isn't freezing on idle.

Bill Nettles, Oct 21, 2020
  4. Fcis_M Win User

Computer is not idling.

Task scheduler On Idle task not triggered Windows 7

Windows 10: I've just tested on windows 10 and set the task idle time to be 5 mins, but it
    still triggered after 4 mins only, I've manually timed it 3 times and always triggers after 4 mins not 5 mins, any idea why?

Windows 7: Isn't the task triggered because Windows 7 does not admire the 4 minute idle timer as
    according to Microsoft Windows 7 checks if the system is idle every 15 minutes? if so then shouldn't it work if the task idle time is set to 20 mins for example?

UPDATE : I just tested it and manually timed it twice on my Windows 7 machine and it always triggers after 15 mins of Idle time even if I am setting the Idle task to 20 mins. Also my
    application doesn't start although the task is triggered but instead of my application running a screensaver starts running although I am setting screensaver to off on my machine. Any explanations or advice please?

WMI suggestion: Could you advise with the steps step by step to follow to do you WMI suggestion
    please?

Fcis_M, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Computer is not idling.

1. Computer is not idling. - Similar Threads - Computer idling

2. Computer crashing while idle, unziping files greater than 5gbs or while trying to download...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashing while idle, unziping files greater than 5gbs or while trying to download...: When ever I try unziping any file greater than 5 gbs, while downloading some games and sometimes when idle, my computer crashes. Either giving a never loading blue screen where I need to press the restart button and close the computer before it fully loads and open it back up...
  3. Computer crashing while idle, unziping files greater than 5gbs or while trying to download...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashing while idle, unziping files greater than 5gbs or while trying to download...: When ever I try unziping any file greater than 5 gbs, while downloading some games and sometimes when idle, my computer crashes. Either giving a never loading blue screen where I need to press the restart button and close the computer before it fully loads and open it back up...
  4. Computer crashing while idle, unziping files greater than 5gbs or while trying to download...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How Do I Automatically Shutdown my Computer after Idle?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Automatically Shutdown my Computer after Idle?: I want my Windows 11 Laptop to restart after an hour of being idle and this is what I put in task scheduler:It doesn't do anything though, it never triggers or starts or runs on its own....
  6. How Do I Automatically Shutdown my Computer after Idle?

How Do I Automatically Shutdown my Computer after Idle?: I want my Windows 11 Laptop to restart after an hour of being idle and this is what I put in task scheduler:It doesn't do anything though, it never triggers or starts or runs on its own....
  7. Computer shuts down if idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer shuts down if idle: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/r8dt5z3q0morbc5ts81j0/event.evtx?rlkey=ju0gp4jevtc45n0isndgkj663&dl=0Here is the events happening before the computer crashed. I noticed that it always starts with the screen flickering,...
  8. Computer shuts down if idle

Computer shuts down if idle: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/r8dt5z3q0morbc5ts81j0/event.evtx?rlkey=ju0gp4jevtc45n0isndgkj663&dl=0Here is the events happening before the computer crashed. I noticed that it always starts with the screen flickering,...
  9. Computer freezes & locks when using windows or idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezes & locks when using windows or idle: I ran every cmd command and nothing came back bad, i just factory reset and reinstalled windows , nothing seems to work , i updated my motherboard , i updated my GPU , idk what else to do? If I’m not playing a video game my pc will just lock up and freeze & i have to power it...
  10. Computer freezes & locks when using windows or idle

Computer freezes & locks when using windows or idle: I ran every cmd command and nothing came back bad, i just factory reset and reinstalled windows , nothing seems to work , i updated my motherboard , i updated my GPU , idk what else to do? If I’m not playing a video game my pc will just lock up and freeze & i have to power it...