Windows 10: Computer is not recognizing new speakers

Discus and support Computer is not recognizing new speakers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all! So I just got new Elegiant SR300 speakers. They have just 2 cables: 3.5mm and USB. I hooked these up to the front USB and jack to get them up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xxwerdxx, Jun 16, 2020.

1. xxwerdxx Win User

Computer is not recognizing new speakers

Hi all!

So I just got new Elegiant SR300 speakers. They have just 2 cables: 3.5mm and USB. I hooked these up to the front USB and jack to get them up and running and unfortunately my PC is refusing to recognize that these are hooked up. The speakers are lit up indicating that they are drawing power, but no audio. I checked with NZXT and they stated that the 3.5mm jack does work and that 2 black stripes on the cable should be compatible.

I checked Windows Audio under services and it is set to "Automatic" and "Running". I also updated all the drivers, but still no luck. I am running Windows 10 is that helps.

Any ideas?

:)

xxwerdxx, Jun 16, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Windows 10 recognizes my UE Megaboom as a headset and not a speaker will not work?

Hi Rachael,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you try the steps listed below and check if it works. This issue could be because of the Headphones BT SPEAKER Stereo being set as default. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Pair the speaker with your PC.
    • Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device Manager.

• Expand Sound, video, and game controllers
      and right click on your Bluetooth speaker (BT SPEAKER Stereo).
    • Choose Disable and acknowledge the confirmation popup. Wait for the screen to refresh.
    • Right click on the same device again and Enable.
    • Exit Device Manager and see if the issue persist.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Speakers not recognized after Win 10 Reset

We appreciate your response. Have you tried checking/using your speaker on a different computer? This is to check if it is a hardware related issue. If the speaker is working fine on a different computer; then, we suggest that you try installing the latest
    audio driver, and check if it works for you. Below are the steps:

• Press Windows + X keys and click
      Device Manager
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Update driver software.
    • Restart the computer and check.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Computer is not recognizing new speakers

Headphones recognized as Speakers...

Hi Ahri,

Having your headphones recognized as speaker when plugged in at the back of your PC could be the reason why the audio is low. To help us isolate the problem, we suggest running first the audio troubleshooter from the link Fix
    sound problems

In case the issue persists, then let's remap or retask your Realtek audio jack and see if it addresses the issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Open the Realtek HD Audio Manager.
    • In the back panel, right click the option where your headphone is connected.
    • Choose the option Connector Retasking, then select Headphone.

Feel free to update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Computer is not recognizing new speakers

1. Computer is not recognizing new speakers - Similar Threads - Computer recognizing speakers

2. Computer not recognizing internal speakers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not recognizing internal speakers?: I have been using this computer for a bit and i didn't face any problems relating to sound. One day, i tried using my bluetooth headset with it and since then I can't play any sound without them. When they're not connected the icon of the volume shows the red x as if it's...
  3. Computer not recognizing internal speakers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not recognizing internal speakers?: I have been using this computer for a bit and i didn't face any problems relating to sound. One day, i tried using my bluetooth headset with it and since then I can't play any sound without them. When they're not connected the icon of the volume shows the red x as if it's...
  4. Computer not recognizing internal speakers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Computer Won't Recognize Hardware Speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Won't Recognize Hardware Speakers: We recently bought some old speakers for the our computer. The speakers work fine, but for some reason after a while the computer stopped recognizing anything was plugged in.I've tried switching where the speakers are plugged into, uninstalling the driver, updating the...
  6. Computer Won't Recognize Hardware Speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Won't Recognize Hardware Speakers: We recently bought some old speakers for the our computer. The speakers work fine, but for some reason after a while the computer stopped recognizing anything was plugged in.I've tried switching where the speakers are plugged into, uninstalling the driver, updating the...
  7. Network will not recognize a new computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network will not recognize a new computer: I have a wireless home network with 4 computers, one with Windows 7 and the others with Windows 10 Home. I am trying to add an additional computer with Windows 10 Home, Version 1903, Build 18362.1. My problem: The new computer will recognize and transfer data to all the...
  8. Doesn't recognize speakers

Doesn't recognize speakers: After updating to 1903, I can no longer swap between default audio output devices, as my speakers aren't recognized when my headphones are plugged in simultaneously. This hasn't been an issue before for me. I've tried restarting the pc a couple times, updating the audio...
  9. USB speakers not recognized as new hardware

USB speakers not recognized as new hardware: Hello, I had asked an earlier question about my audio issue that has recently come up on my relatively-new Windows 10 machine. This problem has still not been resolved. In spite of the fact the audio returns to normal (or not) randomly each time the computer is restarted,...
  10. Speaker recognized as headphones.

Speaker recognized as headphones.: Hello, this is my first but not last post. Happy NY, in between. *Smile I have bluetooth speaker Sony SRS-XB10 that is always recognized as headphones. I'm pissed off and I don't know what's problem and how can I fix it. Google didn't help! 101924