Windows 10: computer is only using 1 gb RAM

Discus and support computer is only using 1 gb RAM in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a windows 10 computer and I have 16gb of hyper x fury ram and my computer is only using 1 gb could you help? 73301 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Pcdude, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Pcdude Win User

computer is only using 1 gb RAM

I have a windows 10 computer and I have 16gb of hyper x fury ram and my computer is only using 1 gb could you help?

:)

Pcdude, Dec 24, 2016

2. Newly installed RAM is not usable.

I had 2 gb ram during windows 10 upgrade. I added 1 gb new ram. Now it is showing Installed ram is 3 gb but usable only 1.68 gb. My os s 32 bit. Please help to make it use all the 3gb ram.

Piyali Sen, Dec 24, 2016
  3. L-Par Win User
    Why is my computer only showing 3 of 4 GB of ram as usable - Running 64 bit Windows 10 and was using all 4 GB before upgrade from 64 bit windows 7

Why is my computer only showing 3 of 4 GB of ram as usable - Running 64 bit Windows 10 and was using all 4 GB before upgrade from 64 bit windows 7.

Let me know if you need more information. Thanks for your help!

L-Par, Dec 24, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

What is the ,make and model # of your computer/Motherboard?
    What version of Windows 10 are you running? 32bit or 64bit? If you are running 32bit Windows, it will not recognize more then 4GB of your RAM.
    Boot into Setup (Bios) under the Main or General tab, there should be a listing for System Information that should list all of the installed RAM in the computer. Make sure it lists all of the RAM installed, if not, your motherboard may not support it. Go to Integrated Peripherals/Video and it should show you the Shared RAM amount for your video card. You can change this to a lower level if you like.

spunk, Dec 24, 2016
  5. Pcdude Win User
    I don't know the model of the motherboard and I am running 64 bit of windows

Pcdude, Dec 24, 2016
  6. Pcdude Win User
    I don't know the mother board but I know I am running a 64 bit of windows

Pcdude, Dec 24, 2016
  7. spunk Win User
    Did you boot into Setup (Bios)? When you start your computer, it should have splash screen with the logo of the manufacturer of the motherboard. In the Bios, it will have the model #. In the Bios it will list the installed RAM.

spunk, Dec 24, 2016
  8. Pcdude Win User

It is an Msi motherboard it's blue and it says I have 16 gb

Pcdude, Dec 24, 2016
  9. spunk Win User
    Ok and in Windows when you right click This PC and choose Properties. What does it say your Installed Memory is? Please Post a Screenshot

spunk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. computer is only using 1 gb RAM - Similar Threads - computer using RAM

2. 3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM: Why does my laptop just take 3 GB of ram out of nothing when i have 8 GB ram whats the issue??? My friend said that i could have someone mining bitcoin on my laptop...
  3. 3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM: Why does my laptop just take 3 GB of ram out of nothing when i have 8 GB ram whats the issue??? My friend said that i could have someone mining bitcoin on my laptop...
  4. taskhostw.exe using 14 gb of ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskhostw.exe using 14 gb of ram: ive seen some other threads with this problem and ive seen that its usually specific to each pc like diff apps causing it so i decided to ask, ive already run dism andhttps://mega.nz/file/vIwU3LqA#cXAbLzVODFEG1rPSz78VilRclpCo_Np7iC94mEP5Ltsthis is the dmp file for taskhost,...
  5. Windows 11 on 1 GB Ram

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 11 on 1 GB Ram: Hello Windows 11 it's a Intel Core i5 4690 And 1GB Ram Support ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-on-1-gb-ram/5970f7a9-8edc-4dcb-a260-afa06a867122
  6. ONLY 2.99 gb ram usable of 8gb ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ONLY 2.99 gb ram usable of 8gb ram: I am using hp pavilion gaming laptop with 64 bit processor and have 8 gb of installed ram but still showing only 2.99 usable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-299-gb-ram-usable-of-8gb-ram/53b7f13c-ff30-439b-90bb-a27a094df8d1
  7. I have 16 gb of ram but Its only using 8 gb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have 16 gb of ram but Its only using 8 gb: I had 8gb of RAM and decided to get another 8gb of RAM. After the installation I went on task manager > processes and it says I have 16 gb of memory, but below that it says memory usage 7.9 gb. Also at the bottom it says hardware reserved 8.1 gb and in all my games its says I...
  8. Antimalware Service Executable uses 1 GB of RAM

Antimalware Service Executable uses 1 GB of RAM: Hello, Can somebody help me. I noticed that my laptop crashes a lot recently. When I checked my Task Manager I saw that the Antimalware Service Executable uses 1 GB of RAM. I tried but I have no way to stop it. Now I am unable to use my laptop for work due to this. I...
  9. Antimalware Service Executable Uses 1 GB of RAM

Antimalware Service Executable Uses 1 GB of RAM: Hello, Can somebody help me. I noticed that my laptop crashes a lot recently. When I checked my Task Manager I saw that the Antimalware Service Executable uses 1 GB of RAM. I tried but I have no way to stop it. Now I am unable to use my laptop for work due to this. I...
  10. 8 GB RAM installed but only 3.23 GB usable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    8 GB RAM installed but only 3.23 GB usable: I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 Home from Windows 7 Home. And I replaced my 4 RAM sticks with 8 GB RAM but my system shows : Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB (3.23 GB usable). Please advise if anyone knows how to fix this. [img] 24275