Windows 10: Computer is playing beeping through audio devices

Discus and support Computer is playing beeping through audio devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, every few days or so just out of random the computer will begin playing beeping noises, not from startup however from either the speakers or the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Flandre Scarlet, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Computer is playing beeping through audio devices

So, every few days or so just out of random the computer will begin playing beeping noises, not from startup however from either the speakers or the headphones. Oddly enough these consist of different kinds of chimes, some occurring during the night close to 5 am, sometimes it is a straight tone. Malware cleaners say my computer is fine as well as the hardware checking out as perfectly fine. Trying to check these inside of the speakers reports nothing as the computer is reporting nothing is playing during the time.

Headphones are 3.5 MM jacks that plug into the computer.

The chimes sounded somewhat like musical chimes and went on for around an hour this only happened once.

The beeps have happened close to four times, though are more test audio pings rather than actual beeps.

Any ideas?

:)

Flandre Scarlet, Mar 13, 2020
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Computer not letting audio play on other devices

Exactly, I think it was just after Windows 10 Falls Creators Updates
    Thank you for the information you've provided.

In this case, we suggest installing the most updated audio driver since you've installed the latest Windows major update. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, click Device Manager.
    • Under Device Manager, expand Sound, video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the audio device installed, then click Properties.
    • Click the Driver tab, click Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.
    Note: Windows will automatically install the updated driver for the device after restarting your computer.

We would appreciate an update about how it went.

Riel Alc, Mar 13, 2020
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Problem with audio devices

Hi Marcello,

I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue resolved.

If you're connecting to an audio device using USB or HDMI, you might need to set that device as the default.

Open Start, enter Sound, select it from the list of results, and then, on the
    Playback tab, select a device, then Set Default.

I would also suggest you to turn off Audio enhancements.

• Go to Start, enter Sound, and select Sound Control Panel
      from the list of results.

• On the Playback tab, right-click (or tap and hold) the
      Default Device and select Properties.

• On the Enhancements tab, select the Disable all enhancements
      check box and try to play your audio device.

• If that doesn't work, select Cancel and, on the Playback
      tab, select another default device (if you have one), select the Disable all enhancements check box, and try to play audio again. Do this for each default device.
    Please revert if you face any issues with Audio.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Mar 13, 2020
  4. Computer is playing beeping through audio devices

Audio device

I FIXED MY SOUND

Troubleshoot problems that prevent your computer from playing or recording sound.

Here is how:

Follow Bilion Debbarm METHOD #1 (in a previous reply)

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on Next button
    (My computer says "Troubleshoot audio playback")
    click this

THEN

A box should pop up saying: Play audio Find & fix problem (Hit Next)

(computer will start searching/detecting if problem)

Question will pop up:

Which of these devices do you want to trouble shoot?

-Speakers

-Headphones

CLICK SPEAKERS

It should then ask you to change selected audio device to default

CLICK - Apply this fix.

Done!

KenyaGadson, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

Computer is playing beeping through audio devices

1. Computer is playing beeping through audio devices - Similar Threads - Computer playing beeping

2. sound will not play through speakers or any audio jack device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound will not play through speakers or any audio jack device: I've followed many steps online on how to fix the issue and im starting to go into a panic.nothing works as the title says https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-will-not-play-through-speakers-or-any-audio/a2c5fbcb-4f07-486d-9ba8-e93708664a12
  3. sound will not play through speakers or any audio jack device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sound will not play through speakers or any audio jack device: I've followed many steps online on how to fix the issue and im starting to go into a panic.nothing works as the title says https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-will-not-play-through-speakers-or-any-audio/a2c5fbcb-4f07-486d-9ba8-e93708664a12
  4. Output Audio Playing Through Input Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Output Audio Playing Through Input Audio: I've been having a problem where any audio played through my headset also gets output through my microphone. I've tried testing audio from multiple sources and outputting it to multiple sources, but the problem always persists. It looks like an issue with Windows...
  5. audio playing through mic?

audio playing through mic?: okay so discord is picking up any audio i play. youtube, games, notification noises. they all go through and people in voice calls can hear. I've tried updating drivers, disabling stereo mix. nothing helps. this only happens when I use my headset. it doesn't happen if I just...
  6. Itunes music playing through speakers not through connected audio devices?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Itunes music playing through speakers not through connected audio devices?: I recently got a windows pc and downloaded iTunes because I have the subscription. I connected a pair of wired headphones to my pc and played a song from my library tab and I came out of the speakers. Any other sounds that are from the internet or the sound tests came out...
  7. Playing Audio through 2 devices at once?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Playing Audio through 2 devices at once?: Hi peeps, ive upgraded my headset recently and now i face this issue: before i was using a Sennheiser USB Dongle for sound (3,5mm audio out, 3,5mm mic in), then i split the audio out with a 3,5mm splitter to have playback both on my headset and on my stereo system, which...
  8. Audio playing through microphone

Audio playing through microphone: All of my audio is playing through my microphone on discord, teamspeak, game chat etc. and I can't seem to fix it. Its not my microphone because when I mute my mic on my headset the audio still plays. I have tried disabling all of the other audio devices besides my headset...
  9. USB resets intermittently playing through audio device

USB resets intermittently playing through audio device: Summary: I am using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 as my audio output device. It connects to my Windows 10 machine via USB. It appears that the USB connection is sporadically getting interrupted or falling off for some reason. Is this a known problem? And if so, is there a...
  10. No Audio through Bluetooth Devices

No Audio through Bluetooth Devices: My various bluetooth audio devices (JT Labs JBUDS Pro, JBL Everest 300 Headphones and Sony SRX-11 Speaker) will pair and connect. However, no audio plays through the devices. When I first pair the JBUDS Pro, it will play 2-3 seconds of audio and cut out, 5 seconds after that...