Windows 10: Computer is randomly freezing and sometimes BSOD

Discus and support Computer is randomly freezing and sometimes BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have been running into an issue lately and need some help troubleshooting to figure out if it's a hardware issue or not. Basically, over the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by troqman, Mar 13, 2020.

1. troqman Win User

Computer is randomly freezing and sometimes BSOD

Hello,
    I have been running into an issue lately and need some help troubleshooting to figure out if it's a hardware issue or not.

Basically, over the past month or so, my computer will randomly hard freeze mouse won't move, image is frozen, and if I'm lucky it will then go to BSOD but most times it will just need to be hard power cycled.

When it does BSOD, the issue shown is CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT, which makes me wonder if one of my devices a microphone and a cooler master keypad might be causing driver issues - since they are the only external devices I plug in.

This issue shows up randomly - sometimes while I am playing games, other times when I am just idling on the internet. Also, if the computer goes to sleep overnight, often times it won't wake back up and I have to power cycle.

Specs:
    Windows 10 build 18363

32GB DDR4 RAM

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

Asus Prime X570-Pro motherboard

Nvidia RTX 2070 Super

Troubleshooting attempted so far:
    Replaced RAM
    Reinstalled Windows
    Stress testing with Prime95 - no crashes

Windows 10 Memtest - no issues

The issue popped back up about a week after reinstalling windows. The only devices I have plugged in besides mouse and keyboard are an Audiobox USB for my microphone, and a Cooler Master ControlPad. These devices were the only "new" things I have plugged in that I can think would be having driver issues, but they worked for over a week before crashes started so I can't tell for certain.

Any help would be really appreciated! I have uploaded a minidump at: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kM5-rIKrCiJawyAzI4ccpWmk-s2Gnvzf

:)

troqman, Mar 13, 2020

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Mar 13, 2020
  3. Computer randomly freezes

I have followed all the steps suggested.

First, there were no minidump files, because I formatted the computer two days ago and since then, it just freezes (stops totally responding) but had no BSOD.

The rest: driver view report, system information file have been uploaded on onedrive -

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=root&cid=3FADB0B5EF7FD6A7

Chris 2111, Mar 13, 2020
  4. Computer is randomly freezing and sometimes BSOD

My computer randomly freezes or BSOD's

So, I've been having this problem for months now, and I cannot for the life of me figure out what is wrong.

My computer randomly freezes or BSOD's at least once a day, My computer has no dust in the fans, nothing is blocking them either, so overheating is out of the way, I think it is more than likely software.

The one BSOD stop code I can remember is "SYSTEM_SERVICE_ERROR" "win32kbase.sys", the last one always changes, sometimes it just isn't there. That BSOD happened about an hour ago.

When it doesn't BSOD it just freezes, usually with a loud pop in my headset, when it freezes my monitors stay on, same as my keyboard and mouse, but I cant do anything on there the audio doesn't work and the fans and lights inside the computer stay on, I
    have no idea what is happening, and am desperate to fix it.

Thanks.

AlexHolmes1658, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

Computer is randomly freezing and sometimes BSOD

1. Computer is randomly freezing and sometimes BSOD - Similar Threads - Computer randomly freezing

2. Computer freezing and BSODs at random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezing and BSODs at random: I've been dealing with this for two months and still can't seem to narrow down this issue. I installed new parts on halloween this year: CPU, MOBO, PSU, and RAM initially used old ram. 3 days after installing these parts I had my first hard freeze by this I mean the only fix...
  3. Computer freezing and BSODs at random

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezing and BSODs at random: I've been dealing with this for two months and still can't seem to narrow down this issue. I installed new parts on halloween this year: CPU, MOBO, PSU, and RAM initially used old ram. 3 days after installing these parts I had my first hard freeze by this I mean the only fix...
  4. Computer freezing and BSODs at random

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer freezes randomly and will sometime give me a BSOD BAD_POOL_CALLER c2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer freezes randomly and will sometime give me a BSOD BAD_POOL_CALLER c2: Hello, My computer is roughly 8 years old except for the video card that I upgraded back in April to a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Super. For the last couple of weeks, it is randomly freezing. I'm forced to turn it off and then back on. Once in a while I will get a BSOD....
  6. Computer sometimes freezes

Computer sometimes freezes: I am running Windows 10 laptop. I think the issue occurred after the last update 2004 v. It freezes when I start some apps or games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-sometimes-freezes/2c04ae42-3379-46d8-a4d2-84e1e966ce82
  7. Random BSOD sometimes

Random BSOD sometimes: Hi there, I have lately a BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED crash out of nowhere . Not my first crash Already reinstalled windows but that dosnt fix my problem. I looked online for a solution and didnt find one. I have the DMP but do not understand it. DMP link:...
  8. Freeze and BSOD sometime ..

Freeze and BSOD sometime ..: Hi , my problem start before 5 months . laptop start to freeze ( can't Alt+Ctrl+Del or anything ) must to force restart 1 time everyday and then start to be 2 , 3 times .. then after freeze sometime BSOD with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR i tried format my windows and the...
  9. bsod randomly, sometimes it freezes and buzzes through speakers

bsod randomly, sometimes it freezes and buzzes through speakers: hey please help, ill provide info if needed added with windows 10 tool 27642
  10. BSOD Sometimes with Freezing

BSOD Sometimes with Freezing: Hello so this problem has been plaguing me since windows 8.1 I just assumed it was the OS and would be fixed with the upgrade to windows 10, I was wrong. It usually starts as my PC is very slow and sluggish and then it either A. BSOD with different codes each time. Or...