Windows 10: computer is registering 3 monitors when i have 2 - BIOS wont open on startup

Discus and support computer is registering 3 monitors when i have 2 - BIOS wont open on startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; so, my display settings randomly changed by itself and cooked my display i have dual monitors. I've managed to fix that but it still says i have 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jessega21, Oct 19, 2020.

1. jessega21 Win User

computer is registering 3 monitors when i have 2 - BIOS wont open on startup

so, my display settings randomly changed by itself and cooked my display i have dual monitors. I've managed to fix that but it still says i have 3 monitors for some reason?
    some applications keep opening on the 3rd window and i have no idea how to fix this. i want to get rid of the 3rd monitor - > i was told that i the motherboard has an inbuilt graphics card that could be causing this, but when i try to open BIOS it doesnt work because my computer starts up too fast, it just exits immediately. This never happened before. I didn't update anything, i woke up one morning and it was completely **** and im super pissed off lol

:)

jessega21, Oct 19, 2020

2. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Oct 19, 2020
  3. access BIOS settings in Win 10

I have an 8-year old computer running Win 10. I need to access the BIOS settings. It used to be the holding down the F2 key during startup would bring up the BIOS screen in Windows computers. But this no longer works. A web article listed a complicated
    series of steps leading to a reboot . . . but still no access to BIOS. Any suggestions?

R BruceBeckner, Oct 19, 2020
  4. JOE1865 Win User

Win 2016 word automatically launch on Windows 10 startup

I have tried these two options below but they did not work.Any Ideas----------------- Steps to disable startup programs in Windows 10:
    NOT IN START UP FOLDER

1. Step 1: Click the lower-left Start button, type msconfig in the blank search box and choose msconfig to open System Configuration.
    2. Step 2: Select Startup and tap Open Task Manager.
    3. Step 3: Click a startup item and tap the bottom-right Disable button.
    I have done this in reverse and it does not work—meaning I took out word short cut

First, create a shortcut of the Document and place it on (say, Desktop).

Then, go to the following location:

Your Drive:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Drop your Shortcut into the Startup folder. However, when you cold boot your computer, your Desktop will first show up and then a few seconds later the Doc should appear.

JOE1865, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

1. computer is registering 3 monitors when i have 2 - BIOS wont open on startup - Similar Threads - computer registering monitors

2. 3 Monitor Setup: Monitor 2&3 Are lagging when gaming on Monitor 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 Monitor Setup: Monitor 2&3 Are lagging when gaming on Monitor 1: Hi,I have Win 11 23H2 x64 running on:Ryzen 9 7900x3d, RTX 2080ti, 64gb DDR5 RamThe system operates on a 3 Monitor Setup all 144hz or higher.obviously i want to use my 3 monitors while gaming so I play on main monitor and additionally watch a stream or videos on second...
  3. 3 Monitor Setup: Monitor 2&3 Are lagging when gaming on Monitor 1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 Monitor Setup: Monitor 2&3 Are lagging when gaming on Monitor 1: Hi,I have Win 11 23H2 x64 running on:Ryzen 9 7900x3d, RTX 2080ti, 64gb DDR5 RamThe system operates on a 3 Monitor Setup all 144hz or higher.obviously i want to use my 3 monitors while gaming so I play on main monitor and additionally watch a stream or videos on second...
  4. 2 display showing when I have 3 monitors connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 display showing when I have 3 monitors connected: I bought a dual HDMI splitter I have 3 monitors laptop including as 1 monitor when I select settings to the multiple displays, the computer only recognizes 2 monitors. it then proceeds to have my two screen monitors mirror each other while having my lapton monitor screen as...
  5. 2 display showing when I have 3 monitors connected

2 display showing when I have 3 monitors connected: I bought a dual HDMI splitter I have 3 monitors laptop including as 1 monitor when I select settings to the multiple displays, the computer only recognizes 2 monitors. it then proceeds to have my two screen monitors mirror each other while having my lapton monitor screen as...
  6. 2 display showing when I have 3 monitors connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Why wont my computer register on the monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why wont my computer register on the monitor?: Several weeks ago I built a computer and was able to successfully get windows download windows 11 and was able to get drivers updated and functional. However, about a week later I was working from home and stepped away from my computer for a while and my computer fell asleep....
  8. Why wont my computer register on the monitor?

Why wont my computer register on the monitor?: Several weeks ago I built a computer and was able to successfully get windows download windows 11 and was able to get drivers updated and functional. However, about a week later I was working from home and stepped away from my computer for a while and my computer fell asleep....
  9. 2 monitors on startup

2 monitors on startup: My 2nd monitor doesn't turn on at startup since updating to Windows 11 , I always have to unplug and plug the HDMI back in for it to work and at this point is an annoyance. I would also like to say that I am using a laptop not a PC. Any fixes?...
  10. I have 2 monitors but display is showing 3

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    I have 2 monitors but display is showing 3: Display settings are showing 3 monitors when I only have 2. This was not a problem till I updated my Nvidia drivers now the screen that apps open on is the one I cant see. (I had to disconnect the 2nd Monitor to get to chrome to write this and display tells me I have 2...