Windows 10: Computer is restarting all alone after Shutdown

Discus and support Computer is restarting all alone after Shutdown in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greetings and hopefully everyone is having a good day. I have a DELL all-in-one more details about the model will be added later running Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ahme-.., Jul 12, 2020.

1. Ahme-.. Win User

Computer is restarting all alone after Shutdown

Greetings and hopefully everyone is having a good day.

I have a DELL all-in-one more details about the model will be added later running Windows 10 that is connected to an Epson LQ-350 printer and a Honeywell 1470g barcode scanner through USB ports.

However, after the addition of the 2 external hardwares I noticed that the computer is restarting by itself when I try to shut it down.

It turned out that when I eject the barcode scanner from USB the computer turns off fine, and it only reboots automatically when the scanner and the all-in-one are connected, so I'm sure that it's a driver problem-logically.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any driver file for the barcode scanner on the internet through Honeywell's official website or elsewhere. I also tried to Reinstall the hardware and disabled the turn on fast startup option, and none of these resolved the problem.

Are any other potential causes for this problem? And what are some possible workarounds for this?

Thank you for your help in advance!

:)

Ahme-.., Jul 12, 2020
  2. Midnite8 Win User

Cannot Shutdown or Restart W8.1

Hey guys, I am having this problem where I cannot Restart or Shutdown unless I just do a hard shutdown. I refreshed my computer and slowly installed updates while creating restore points before installing. After the second set of updates everything seemed ok but after a few, the problem showed up again. I tried to do a System Restore but it fails because I cannot Restart to complete the process.

Midnite8, Jul 12, 2020
  3. The computer shutdown itself restart?

Hi Tín,

A computer can shutdown based on the instructions given to its power settings. If you are using a laptop, there’s an option that when you are just closing a lid, it can shutdown your computer.
    To ensure that we can provide the appropriate resolution to your concern, we’d like to ask you a few questions:

• What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What activity are you performing that may trigger to shutdown your computer?
    • Can you provide us a screenshot of your power settings?
    • Are you using a laptop or desktop computer?

We’re looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Computer is restarting all alone after Shutdown

little cat, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Computer is restarting all alone after Shutdown

1. Computer is restarting all alone after Shutdown - Similar Threads - Computer restarting alone

2. Win10 restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 restarts after shutdown: hi thereIve tried all available fixes recommended both within these posts & outside & none have worked.I have just reformatted & reinstalled a fresh copy of win10, no third party software has been installed.Even after a fresh install, the PC restarts after pressing the power...
  3. Computer restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer restarts after shutdown: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BigBossXDiana [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m6gx5r/computer_restarts_after_shutdown/
  4. Computer restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer restarts after shutdown: Hello, A while ago, my pc started to restart after I try to shut it down. The things that I have already tried is: -using cmd to shutdown -disabling fast boot -disabling wake timers both in advanced power settings and task scheduler -disabling auto restart after...
  5. computer randomly restarts or shutdowns

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer randomly restarts or shutdowns: So every now and then I open my computer and find out that it was shut down. At first, I thought it was a windows update, but I don't know anymore. the error I see in the event viewer system log is 6008 "The previous system shutdown at 1:59:50 on ‎20/‎09/‎2020 was...
  6. Apps to not Remain in All Apps List After Restart or Shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps to not Remain in All Apps List After Restart or Shutdown: I run Windows 10 on my Lenovo laptop. In order to get some apps and games from Google Play Store, I installed the emulator, Bluestacks., which came with Google Play Store. I installed a number of apps and games and they all run fine. The apps and games pin to start and their...
  7. Computer won't restart/shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer won't restart/shutdown: Let me start off by saying that I have 25+ years in windows (workstation and server) but I need a second set of eyes on this. Issue: Computer will not restart or shutdown. Behavior: On shutdown or restart, it goes through the normal process, monitors turn off, but the...
  8. Restart after Shutdown

Restart after Shutdown: This is a question I've asked before. My PC often restarts even though I have powered off with Shutdown. The System settings for Shutdown and Restart are set correctly....
  9. Computer restarts after selecting shutdown

Computer restarts after selecting shutdown: I have a problem with my Lenovo laptop that when I hit shutdown in the start menu, it will restart instead. At the sign in screen I can press shutdown and it will work fine, but it is just annoying to have to wait and press shutdown again. Also it is a clean install of...
  10. Computer automatically restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer automatically restarts after shutdown: Windows 10 kept wanting to restart after it has been shutdown. The computer would have its power indicator turned off for maybe 2 seconds, then you hear the fan whirling and the BIOS screen appears followed by the usual boot process. I don't know how this would help, but...