Windows 10: computer is restarting each time I try to use my camera

Discus and support computer is restarting each time I try to use my camera in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Error code I receive each time i try to use my camera. I just had an update done, and that is when my issues begin. [IMG]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DanTrevino, Sep 3, 2020.

1. computer is restarting each time I try to use my camera

Error code I receive each time i try to use my camera. I just had an update done, and that is when my issues begin.

computer is restarting each time I try to use my camera [​IMG]

:)

DanTrevino, Sep 3, 2020

2. Cameras no longer upload to computer

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

The issue might occur due to some corruption in the driver. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1

I suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps:

Hardware troubleshooter

1. Type control panel in the search box.

2. Click on troubleshooting in the control panel.

3. Click view all.

4. Click hardware and devices.

5. Follow on screen instruction.

Method 2

Uninstall and reinstall camera driver

Refer the steps below to uninstall device driver:

Refer the steps below to uninstall device driver:

• Click Start, type Device Manager in the Start search box and hit ENTER.

• Locate camera driver and expand the same.

• Right-click on camera driver and click on Uninstall button to uninstall the driver associated with the device.

• Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

• If driver for Windows 10 is not available then I suggest you
      to install the driver in compatibility mode.
      Follow the steps below to install the drivers in compatibility with Windows 10.
    • Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
      • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
      • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
        ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Sep 3, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond computer is restarting each time I try to use my camera :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 3, 2020
  4. computer is restarting each time I try to use my camera

computer randomly restarts multiple times

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• When does the system exactly restart? Please elaborate.

• How did you upgraded to Windows 10 through Windows update or Windows 10 ISO?
    Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. Follow the below steps.

Method 1.

I suggest you to check the settings, if the automatic restart is set on the system.

• Open file explorer and click on Computer on the top pane.

• Click on System properties and click on
      Advanced system settings.

• Now click on Advanced tab and click on
      Settings
      button on Startup and Recovery option.

• Uncheck on Automatically restart.
    If the issue still persist try the below methods.

Method 2.

I suggest you to boot the system in Clean boot state and check if the issue still persist.
    Clean boot process will help you determine which third party program/app that is causing this issue. It could be some other application or programs, which runs on the computer at the background, leading to this issue. Please visit the below link
    on how to perform Clean boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

computer is restarting each time I try to use my camera

1. computer is restarting each time I try to use my camera - Similar Threads - computer restarting each

2. My pin doesn't appear when I type it in. I have to restart the computer each time.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My pin doesn't appear when I type it in. I have to restart the computer each time.: HOWEVER, I accidentally discovered a solution. This started after I upgraded to windows 11. Now I just wait 30 seconds and type in the pin from the row of numbers not number pad and it works the first time. I'm guessing windows 11 doesn't load as fast as Windows 10. Hope this...
  3. My pin doesn't appear when I type it in. I have to restart the computer each time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pin doesn't appear when I type it in. I have to restart the computer each time.: HOWEVER, I accidentally discovered a solution. This started after I upgraded to windows 11. Now I just wait 30 seconds and type in the pin from the row of numbers not number pad and it works the first time. I'm guessing windows 11 doesn't load as fast as Windows 10. Hope this...
  4. My pin doesn't appear when I type it in. I have to restart the computer each time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I have to unplug my camera each time I use it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have to unplug my camera each time I use it.: I understand that an application can't use the camera if it is being used by another application, but even if I haven't used the camera since the computer was turned on, it won't register in the conference application I wish to use. Therefore, I have to unplug it to get it...
  6. Windows 10 updated, but computer crashes each time I try to open the camera app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 updated, but computer crashes each time I try to open the camera app: I updated Windows 10 with version 21H1, but it didn't help. My computer crashes each time I open up the camera app and the blue screen : appears with SPUVCbv.x64sys. I tried to reset the app, but that didn't help. I haven't been able to use my camera in a while. Help!I tried...
  7. Each time I try to download.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Each time I try to download.: No matter where I try to download something, it says "couldn't download virus scan failed. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/each-time-i-try-to-download/d11c5a89-f658-46e5-ab73-1c8127ed04e5
  8. Speaker not recognized each time computer turn on/after restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speaker not recognized each time computer turn on/after restart: I m using SteelSeries Arctis Pro + Gamedac (using usb, not jack) but there is a problems, I did some experiment: 1. I plug in the headphone WITH/WITHOUT the driver (SteelSeries engine) -> the speaker recognized my 'Speakers - GameDAC Game' and 'Headset Earphone - Game DAC...
  9. green bar each time I plug in my camera

green bar each time I plug in my camera: Since vista Microsoft introduced this stupid indexing. showing this green progress bar. Why is Microsoft not simply accessing the volume index and performing the indexing of the content in the background! Most of the time, you just want to access the volume content! And...
  10. green bar each time I plug in my camera

green bar each time I plug in my camera: Since vista Microsoft introduced this stupid indexing. showing this green progress bar. Why is Microsoft not simply accessing the volume index and performing the indexing of the content in the background! Most of the time, you just want to access the volume content! And...