Windows 10: Computer is running very slow

Discus and support Computer is running very slow in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My computer is running very slow and sometimes it does not to respond at all. And this happen after I watch adult content movies. Please help. AB... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AB Mavhungu, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Computer is running very slow

My computer is running very slow and sometimes it does not to respond at all. And this happen after I watch adult content movies.

Please help.

AB Mavhungu

:)

AB Mavhungu, Sep 3, 2019

2. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Sep 3, 2019
  3. slowness in computer usage.

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What makes you think that system is running slow? Is it when you are trying to run application?

• Did you install any third party security application?
    From the screenshot that you have provided, I understood that it’s not the issue with the disk usage. The slowness might be due to the memory usage.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run maintenance task and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X from the desktop.

• Select Control panel and Select System and Security.

• Click on Troubleshoot common computer problems under System and maintenance.

• Now Run maintenance task under
      System and security
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 3, 2019
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Computer is running very slow

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Computer is running very slow

1. Computer is running very slow - Similar Threads - Computer running very

2. Computer running very slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer running very slow.: I cleaned disk and unwanted files .But computer still running very slow.Hoping you can help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-running-very-slow/f4755bac-384e-4540-a2d2-e08890c8daef
  3. Computer running very slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer running very slow.: I cleaned disk and unwanted files .But computer still running very slow.Hoping you can help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-running-very-slow/f4755bac-384e-4540-a2d2-e08890c8daef
  4. Often my computer runs very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Often my computer runs very slow: My computer often runs very slowly. When I check in task manager to see what could be causing this, I find that the disk is running 100%. What can cause this?...
  5. Often my computer runs very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Often my computer runs very slow: My computer often runs very slowly. When I check in task manager to see what could be causing this, I find that the disk is running 100%. What can cause this?...
  6. Often my computer runs very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. my computer is running very slow

my computer is running very slow: hi! my computer is running very slowly. task manager shows that a process "services and controller app " used up almost 90% of the CPU capacity! Can anybody help?...
  8. Very very slow computer

Very very slow computer: My laptop Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series became very very slow in running all applications etc since last 2 weeks. It started after installing few window updates. How to get out of it. Please help....
  9. my computer runs very slow

my computer runs very slow: please help to make my computer runs faster thanks and god bless alanis https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-runs-very-slow/47ae14ce-1dd2-4323-b2bc-d16e3b1a6c82
  10. Computer running very slow on windows 10

Computer running very slow on windows 10: I updated to windows 10 from windows 7 and my laptop is now running very slow. 'What are my best options to correct this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/computer-running-very-slow-on-windows-10/9de964a6-ca34-47b1-a1ca-6866a064c1d6