Windows 10: Computer is Slow After Starting Windows(Booting)

Discus and support Computer is Slow After Starting Windows(Booting) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I use a Dell Inspiron 5567 laptop with i7 Processor and 8GB RAM. When I bought the laptop, it was normal after boot. Then after time passed by, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoesCathbert, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Computer is Slow After Starting Windows(Booting)

I use a Dell Inspiron 5567 laptop with i7 Processor and 8GB RAM. When I bought the laptop, it was normal after boot. Then after time passed by, my performance of my laptop started degrading (i.e) The computer was damn slow for nearly a minute after boot and returns to normal state. So, I reseted my laptop. Then, My laptop was back to normal. After that, again the performance started degrading after startup...…..Please help me with some tips and suggestion....

:)

JoesCathbert, Aug 14, 2018
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Aug 14, 2018
  3. slow start up * 6 times slower

Hi Ali,

The slow start up on your computer may be caused by the update you installed. However, for us to fully identify the root cause, we need to gather additional information. Kindly answer the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • are you getting any error messages when starting up your computer? If so, can you send us a screenshot? Make sure that you remove all personal information.
    • What is the current version and build number of your computer? To get the information, kindly follow the steps below:
      • Click on the Start menu.
      • Type winver.
      • Press Enter.
    In the meantime, we suggest that you boot the computer in Safe Mode. This will start your Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. Please follow the steps provided on this

link
    . Once in Safe Mode, kindly check if you will still experience the same issue.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Charianne Per, Aug 14, 2018
  4. zinou Win User

Computer is Slow After Starting Windows(Booting)

Slow boot, slow shutdown, and slow program starts.

Hi,

Can you take a boot trace ?

Here is the steps:

• Open a command line as an Administrator (Run As Administrator)
    • Type the following command in the command line Windows: cd %programfiles(x86)%\Windows Kits\10\Windows Performance Toolkit
    • Type the following command to start recording the boot trace: wpr -start GeneralProfile -start CPU -onoffscenario Boot -onoffresultspath c:\wpr -numiterations 1 -filemode
    • Compress the .ETL file generated under the C:\WPR path (very important)
    • Upload the boot trace file on Dropbox or on https://www.transfernow.net/en/

zinou, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

Computer is Slow After Starting Windows(Booting)

1. Computer is Slow After Starting Windows(Booting) - Similar Threads - Computer Slow Starting

2. Windows slow after boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows slow after boot: When I boot up, outlook takes 10 mins 2 activate, Edge takes 5 mins. Using Task manager it's spending 100% CPU servicing interrupts. This has only happened since the previos Win updates. Anyone got any clues?...
  3. Windows slow after boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows slow after boot: When I boot up, outlook takes 10 mins 2 activate, Edge takes 5 mins. Using Task manager it's spending 100% CPU servicing interrupts. This has only happened since the previos Win updates. Anyone got any clues?...
  4. WiFi too slow to start after boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi too slow to start after boot: For the last few weeks, I have noticed that my WiFi is too slow to start after boot, and Internet connectivity occurs even long after I start my PC. It takes more than 10 minutes after my device fully boots up for the Internet to really work. But once it starts working, it...
  5. WiFi too slow to start after boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi too slow to start after boot: For the last few weeks, I have noticed that my WiFi is too slow to start after boot, and Internet connectivity occurs even long after I start my PC. It takes more than 10 minutes after my device fully boots up for the Internet to really work. But once it starts working, it...
  6. WiFi too slow to start after boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. slow to start boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    slow to start boot: Hello when I start my computer, DVD drive start, after that there is pause while greenlight there, then fan starts and then windows starts, I already changed to ssd drive, I increased memory and sama thing is there somting wrong in BIOS?...
  8. WiFi too slow to start after boot...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi too slow to start after boot...: Over the last few months, I notice that my WiFi is too slow to start after boot, and internet connectivity happens even later. It takes well over 5 minutes after my device boots up completely for internet to actually work. But once it starts working, it works without...
  9. slow program starts, Slow boot, slow shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    slow program starts, Slow boot, slow shutdown: Windows Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.48) From switch-on to desktop start-up sound takes nearly two minutes, and after that there's still a lot of disc activity. Shutdown is equally slow. Once the system has started it takes 30 seconds after clicking on an MP3 icon for VLC...
  10. Slow boot, slow shutdown, and slow program starts.

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow boot, slow shutdown, and slow program starts.: Windows Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.48) From switch-on to desktop start-up sound takes nearly two minutes, and after that there's still a lot of disc activity. Shutdown is equally slow. Once the system has started it takes 30 seconds after clicking on an MP3 icon for VLC...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. downloading a file from email is taking a lot of time in dell inspiron 5567 laptop. what is the reason