Windows 10: Computer is stuck at bootup screen

Discus and support Computer is stuck at bootup screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was using Blender and pushed a render a little too far and caused it to crash and then the computer crashed as well. When it started up, it said it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Binch101, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Computer is stuck at bootup screen

I was using Blender and pushed a render a little too far and caused it to crash and then the computer crashed as well. When it started up, it said it needed to be repaired.

Did all that, said it was collecting info but stayed frozen and so I restarted. Nothing was happening.

I then tried reverting back to a safe point (the last update) didn't work, I booted up in safe mode which works and uninstalled blender (figured that was the problem) but still nothing. It just keeps freezing at the bootup screen (for me it's asus)

I have an asus all in one pc if that matters at all. I haven't tried doing a clean reinstall of windows since its a hassle. Any other option?

submitted by /u/Binch101
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Binch101, Oct 20, 2020

2. Factory Reset my Computer, stuck on HP bootup

I tried factory resetting my computer since it was running out of space. The reset failed and i continued to windows 10. Now its stuck on the HP bootup and when i do manage to get in the screen is just blank. Ive tried factory resetting it again through
    the window you get to from hitting esc. ar startuo but every time the reset fails and its stuck on the HP bootup again. Heres my computers specific model HP Stream 11-ah131nr N4000

PastellaRoses, Oct 20, 2020
  3. windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 20, 2020
  4. goosmurf Win User

Computer is stuck at bootup screen

Computer stuck at lock screen and after Anniversary Update on Windows 10

The first suggestion is not helpful since the problem is that we have many open programs stuck behind the lock screen.

I have run into this problem and tried the On-screen keyboard but it does not help.

An additional data point is that it does not matter what password is entered.

Enter correct password -> spinner shows up, after about 30 seconds the spinner goes away and the screen remains locked.

Enter blank password (simply hit Enter) -> same behaviour as above.

The behaviour is the same whether using physical or On-screen keyboards.

goosmurf, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Computer is stuck at bootup screen

1. Computer is stuck at bootup screen - Similar Threads - Computer stuck bootup

2. Computer Black Screens on Bootup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Black Screens on Bootup: My computer black screens when I boot it up and never reaches the log in screen or loads windows. I've tried using commands with the keys on my keyboard, but no keys actually bring up anything on my screen to actually make a change. My cursor doesn't show up on the screen...
  3. Computer Black Screens on Bootup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Black Screens on Bootup: My computer black screens when I boot it up and never reaches the log in screen or loads windows. I've tried using commands with the keys on my keyboard, but no keys actually bring up anything on my screen to actually make a change. My cursor doesn't show up on the screen...
  4. Computer Black Screens on Bootup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer appears to bootup but leaves a black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer appears to bootup but leaves a black screen: The subject computer has an ABIT TH711 motherboard and is running Microsoft 7, 32 bit.On boot-up, the screen shows loading files, then shows Microsoft loading and then BLACK SCREEN. I was able to launch Safe mode but all trouble shooting software within safe mode came up...
  6. Computer appears to bootup but leaves a black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer appears to bootup but leaves a black screen: The subject computer has an ABIT TH711 motherboard and is running Microsoft 7, 32 bit.On boot-up, the screen shows loading files, then shows Microsoft loading and then BLACK SCREEN. I was able to launch Safe mode but all trouble shooting software within safe mode came up...
  7. Black screen on bootup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen on bootup: Hi, I get a black screen. On start up, it looks like my laptop is booting normally, then the display goes black. The drive light and fan keep running. It’s happened a couple of times in the last month and both times, it’s come back on after turning it off and restarting it....
  8. Annoying screen on bootup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Annoying screen on bootup: When I boot up my PC, how can I stop the annoying screen asking me to link my devices together and also wanting me to buy Office 365? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-screen-on-bootup/7559bd18-58ad-42cd-ba0f-09d798d35753
  9. Bootup Screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bootup Screen: when i turn on my PC, the BIOS screen first appears then after it loads it goes to the Windows login screen. please help submitted by /u/eekane [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hfqykq/bootup_screen/
  10. Factory Reset my Computer, stuck on HP bootup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory Reset my Computer, stuck on HP bootup: I tried factory resetting my computer since it was running out of space. The reset failed and i continued to windows 10. Now its stuck on the HP bootup and when i do manage to get in the screen is just blank. Ive tried factory resetting it again through the window you get to...