Windows 10: Computer is stuck on restarting screen

Discus and support Computer is stuck on restarting screen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My computer says working on updates 0% complete then it will say restarting and it never does, I end up having for hold the power button down to shut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kayla B1, Apr 24, 2024.

1. Kayla B1 Win User

Computer is stuck on restarting screen

My computer says working on updates 0% complete then it will say restarting and it never does, I end up having for hold the power button down to shut it down and it will run like normal but this time I have done everything from force shutdown to unplugging the whole thing, it never finishes an update, my computer has so many to do but it never finishes cause it never gets past the restarting screen, trying to get it ready for the next windows update windows 11? I think?

:)

Kayla B1, Apr 24, 2024

2. Computer not booting to desktop, stuck at Restarting screen

Hi Fred,

Thank you for posting in Community.

The issue might occur if the system is not Shut down properly. As you have already tried restarting the system several times, I suggest you to perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Turn Off the computer and remove the power cable.
    • Long press the Power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Plug in the power cable and switch on the computer.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 24, 2024
  3. Computer randomly has black screen and restarts

Taco this could be software also. Before you get all crazy, do as Erocker suggested. Find out the error in the Event Viewer. Look for the faulting module and the error code itself. Also check the reliability monitor. At the bottom it will have "View all Error Reports". Post a screen of whats in there if anything.

This could be a simple as a bad driver install.

ALSO have you downloaded or installed anything lately? STAY OUT OF THE DAMN BIOS UNTIL WE KNOW THE ERROR! lol. I know you. Baby steps boy, baby steps.

TheMailMan78, Apr 24, 2024
  4. Computer is stuck on restarting screen

Stuck on restarting screen

Hi Ashley,

It's really odd that your computer doesn't continue to restart and even got stuck on the restarting screen. However, since you're using a laptop, we suggest that you remove and put the battery back in your laptop, then boot it up again. Once your computer
    boots up completely, we suggest that you restart your computer and see if the issue persists.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Apr 24, 2024
Thema:

Computer is stuck on restarting screen

1. Computer is stuck on restarting screen - Similar Threads - Computer stuck restarting

2. Computer is stuck on restarting screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer is stuck on restarting screen: My computer says working on updates 0% complete then it will say restarting and it never does, I end up having for hold the power button down to shut it down and it will run like normal but this time I have done everything from force shutdown to unplugging the whole thing, it...
  3. Computer is stuck on restarting screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer is stuck on restarting screen: My computer says working on updates 0% complete then it will say restarting and it never does, I end up having for hold the power button down to shut it down and it will run like normal but this time I have done everything from force shutdown to unplugging the whole thing, it...
  4. Computer is stuck on restarting screen after update

Computer is stuck on restarting screen after update: Yesterday My computer got updated after I plugged it in and now it’s on a loop with the restarting screenIt always shows the restarting screen, turns off, loads again and it shows the restarting screen, I tried booting safe mode by pressing f8 but it wont workPlease help...
  5. Computer is stuck on restarting screen after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer is stuck on restarting screen after update: Yesterday My computer got updated after I plugged it in and now it’s on a loop with the restarting screenIt always shows the restarting screen, turns off, loads again and it shows the restarting screen, I tried booting safe mode by pressing f8 but it wont workPlease help...
  6. My computer is stuck on the restart screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is stuck on the restart screen: Hitting continue just takes me back to this screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-stuck-on-the-restart-screen/07264294-ec72-4fe0-a863-6cc783ff2e3a
  7. My computer is stuck on the restart screen

My computer is stuck on the restart screen: Hitting continue just takes me back to this screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-stuck-on-the-restart-screen/07264294-ec72-4fe0-a863-6cc783ff2e3a
  8. My computer is stuck on the restart screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. stuck on blue screen and computer will not restart automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    stuck on blue screen and computer will not restart automatically: hi, i have a dell inspiron 2330 AIO and it gets stuck on a blue screen. it gets to 100% but will not restart automatically. the error massage is: "Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you....
  10. Computer is stuck on restart screen.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer is stuck on restart screen.: I restarted my computer and it never finished restarting. It is stuck on the screen in the picture below and has been for hours. I am not able to turn off the computer with the power button and can not access anything from the task manager or Windows key.[IMG]...