Windows 10: Computer is suddenly really slow, and I have no clue why

Discus and support Computer is suddenly really slow, and I have no clue why in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was watching Netflix, not really paying attention to my computer. Suddenly it powers off, no clue why, thought it was a overheat which I later found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Blake M1, Feb 2, 2023.

1. Blake M1 Win User

Computer is suddenly really slow, and I have no clue why

I was watching Netflix, not really paying attention to my computer. Suddenly it powers off, no clue why, thought it was a overheat which I later found out no. Booted it back up, powered off again whenever I opened Opera GX. Opened it up again, the third time it didn't power off again, but since then it has been literally unusable. Games I could run more than perfectly before are literally unplayable. It takes seconds to type a word, sites don't load quickly, apps don't load quickly. Looking at task manager everything is normal. It's almost like my computer is running at 100% CPU and GPU at a

:)

Blake M1, Feb 2, 2023

2. COMPUTER SUDDENLY SLOW

Hello-

In the last two days my computer is suddenly displaying the message 'low memory.' It has been fine over many months with zero hold ups even with multiple tabs open. I know when I just have too many tabs open slowing things down, vs a certain certain shopping websites

I ran Microsoft Security Essentials, Malwarebytes and disk check / scan last night -all with no change.

Suggestions?

Default Username 45, Feb 2, 2023
  3. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Feb 2, 2023
  4. Computer is suddenly really slow, and I have no clue why

Lenovo laptop suddenly slow

I have a new Lenovo E580 laptop (bought January 2019) which suddenly started to run very slow. I have especially noticed it with build times in Visual Studio and loading times for a local website in IIS.

I have tried to reinstall Windows 10 Pro by formatting the entire computer but it’s still slow.

Laptop spec:

• Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    • CPU: i7-8550U 2.00GHz
    • 16 GB RAM
    • 512 SSD

Software where I really notice the slowness:

• Visual Studio Community 2019 Version 16.3.9
    • IIS to Windows 10

I have tried to setup an older laptop with the same software installed as the new laptop, to compare the loading times. The old laptop has a very similar spec. (i7-4700MQ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, 256 SSD). The load time for a local website on the new laptop is 78 seconds where on the old is 30 seconds. On the new laptop it used to be around 30 seconds as well.

It’s not just Visual Studio and IIS that is slow it’s the entire laptop. I thought it would be fixed by reinstalling Windows but there were no improvements. I suspect it’s a hardware issue, but I don’t get any errors, and everything looks fine.

Does anyone have suggestions to what I can try to pinpoint this issue or is it better to contact Lenovo support, as the new laptop is still under warranty?

Høgsdal, Feb 2, 2023
Thema:

Computer is suddenly really slow, and I have no clue why

1. Computer is suddenly really slow, and I have no clue why - Similar Threads - Computer suddenly really

2. My computer has suddenly gone really slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer has suddenly gone really slow.: My laptop was working fine till 2 weeks ago when it suddenly started taking 5 mins to start up and let me log in. It then loads my desktop but then nothing happens when I click on the windows Icon or any of my applications. Do you know what might have caused this?...
  3. My computer has suddenly gone really slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer has suddenly gone really slow.: My laptop was working fine till 2 weeks ago when it suddenly started taking 5 mins to start up and let me log in. It then loads my desktop but then nothing happens when I click on the windows Icon or any of my applications. Do you know what might have caused this?...
  4. My computer has suddenly gone really slow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer is suddenly really slow, and I have no clue why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer is suddenly really slow, and I have no clue why: I was watching Netflix, not really paying attention to my computer. Suddenly it powers off, no clue why, thought it was a overheat which I later found out no. Booted it back up, powered off again whenever I opened Opera GX. Opened it up again, the third time it didn't power...
  6. Computer is suddenly really slow, and I have no clue why

Computer is suddenly really slow, and I have no clue why: I was watching Netflix, not really paying attention to my computer. Suddenly it powers off, no clue why, thought it was a overheat which I later found out no. Booted it back up, powered off again whenever I opened Opera GX. Opened it up again, the third time it didn't power...
  7. Why is my computer suddenly slow?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my computer suddenly slow?: So, I was playing games on my desktop, and it was perfectly fine no problems with cpu, gpu, disk or anything but out of nowhere while I was playing a game my desktop started to go into this state where it was working way to hard and the screen shut down and everything, in...
  8. I have no clue why I'm not getting the detailed icons, and it's really bothering me.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have no clue why I'm not getting the detailed icons, and it's really bothering me.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ComfortableNumb9669 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mqmfof/i_have_no_clue_why_im_not_getting_the_detailed/
  9. Computer really slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer really slow: Sorry double post please delete it 153373
  10. Really slow computer

Really slow computer: hello guys so I have a dell latitude e5440 and windows 10 and my problem is that all of a sudden my computer started working reallllyyy slowly it was perfectly fine until yesterday, it wasn’t slow at all but it happened all of a sudden it takes 30 min to log in and the...