Windows 10: Computer is suddenly running slow and games are unplayable.

Discus and support Computer is suddenly running slow and games are unplayable. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My pc was running fine but now it's fairly slow and my games are just unplayable. All games have unplayable fps and low mouse input. The only thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by William Pavlowski, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Computer is suddenly running slow and games are unplayable.

My pc was running fine but now it's fairly slow and my games are just unplayable. All games have unplayable fps and low mouse input. The only thing I've done is mess with msconfig, setting cores to all and memory to max, but it seemed to make my pc run weird, so I reverted it and now it's worse than before.

:)

William Pavlowski, Mar 12, 2021

2. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Mar 12, 2021
  3. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Mar 12, 2021
  4. Computer is suddenly running slow and games are unplayable.

Jigsaw suddenly slow and glitchy - UNPLAYABLE

I haven't played it in some time, so I don't know when this issue started, but I noticed when I started it up today, it's trying to create an Xbox account for me and wanting me to log in, so I can only assume this stupid thing is the issue. I have ZERO interest
    in having to login to play a game on my computer. I did not create an account or log in. The select screen loads fine (after a reboot), but loading a puzzle takes a long time and playing one is basically impossible with the noted glitch issue below:

I wasn't planning to upgrade it today, but the thing was SO GLITCHY, it couldn't even handle loading an ad and just kept freezing, so, yes, I upgraded to ad-free.

The game freezes and lags every time I touch a piece and every time I join pieces, it's COMPLETELY unplayable.

It's nothing to do with my computer in terms of RAM or graphics card as this beast of a machine handles games like "Ark" with several other open programs at the same time with zero issues. Jigsaw is not a graphic/RAM heavy game.

Never before had this issue.

Thoughts?

I also tried to find a way to actually just contact Microsoft since I PAID for this, but there seems no way to reach a bloody human being. Computer is suddenly running slow and games are unplayable. :mad:

XenaTorres, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

Computer is suddenly running slow and games are unplayable.

1. Computer is suddenly running slow and games are unplayable. - Similar Threads - Computer suddenly running

2. Graphics driver is unhappy, games are slow and unplayable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics driver is unhappy, games are slow and unplayable: Recently I have been having a constant screen glitching/tearing issue with one spesific game, Monster Hunter: WorldThis issue begun randomly, I hadnt done anything to change any settings besides update my game ready driver every time a new update was out. image of it should...
  3. Graphics driver is unhappy, games are slow and unplayable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics driver is unhappy, games are slow and unplayable: Recently I have been having a constant screen glitching/tearing issue with one spesific game, Monster Hunter: WorldThis issue begun randomly, I hadnt done anything to change any settings besides update my game ready driver every time a new update was out. image of it should...
  4. Computer suddenly running slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer suddenly running slow: My computer was running fine until a month ago. I turned on my computer as usual but I notice that it was slow and choppy, when I logged into the computer, it was significantly slower and I couldn’t even do gaming on it anymore. I also have a 144hz monitor, but the frame rate...
  5. Computer suddenly running slow

Computer suddenly running slow: My computer was running fine until a month ago. I turned on my computer as usual but I notice that it was slow and choppy, when I logged into the computer, it was significantly slower and I couldn’t even do gaming on it anymore. I also have a 144hz monitor, but the frame rate...
  6. Computer started suddenly running games slow or they just downright crash

Computer started suddenly running games slow or they just downright crash: Hello everyone I'm here because my computer out of the blue just started crashing and running games really slow so naturally when I saw this I did a clean boot of my computer and deleted all the partitions and booted up a new clean version of windows just for the same thing...
  7. Computer started suddenly running games slow or they just downright crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer started suddenly running games slow or they just downright crash: Hello everyone I'm here because my computer out of the blue just started crashing and running games really slow so naturally when I saw this I did a clean boot of my computer and deleted all the partitions and booted up a new clean version of windows just for the same thing...
  8. Games suddenly unplayable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games suddenly unplayable: I built my pc maybe 2 months ago, any game I ran would play smooth as butter, no lag spikes or fps drops. Suddenly about 1 month later my game experiences the worst lag spikes ex: 70-4000 ping and this occurs almost every minute making it where I can no longer play my...
  9. Games suddenly unplayable

Games suddenly unplayable: I built my pc maybe 2 months ago, any game I ran would play smooth as butter, no lag spikes or fps drops. Suddenly about 1 month later my game experiences the worst lag spikes ex: 70-4000 ping and this occurs almost every minute making it where I can no longer play my...
  10. Jigsaw suddenly slow and glitchy - UNPLAYABLE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jigsaw suddenly slow and glitchy - UNPLAYABLE: I haven't played it in some time, so I don't know when this issue started, but I noticed when I started it up today, it's trying to create an Xbox account for me and wanting me to log in, so I can only assume this stupid thing is the issue. I have ZERO interest in having to...