Windows 10: computer is typing by its self

Discus and support computer is typing by its self in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So yesterday one of my computers started acting weird like it would start typing on its own every time the computer would finish booting up. When we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Phoenix Baker, Apr 30, 2022.

1. computer is typing by its self

So yesterday one of my computers started acting weird like it would start typing on its own every time the computer would finish booting up. When we turn on the computer it lets me put in the password and nothing weird happens but suddenly right after everything is done loading it starts typing by its self and when we unplugged the keyboard it would keep typing and we don't know the cause of it and we are starting to get annoyed as its the second day in a row of it happening. So if anyone is able to answer my question it would be a great help to us as we are stuck and don't know what to do a

:)

Phoenix Baker, Apr 30, 2022

2. Windows 10 search window self populating

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I’ll certainly help you with this.

Before we proceed, please answer the following questions to help you better.

• When you say Windows self populate, what does it mean?
    • Do you get any error message/code? If yes, what is the exact message/code?

I suggest you to run the SFC scan and check.

System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc /scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.

Hope this helps you. Post us back with the required information if the issue persist. We'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Apr 30, 2022
  3. tamo Win User
  4. computer is typing by its self

Windows 10 Store opens for no reason by it's self.

Hi,

To resolve the issue with your Windows Store, we suggest that you reset it by following the steps listed:

• Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
    • Type wsreset.exe, and click OK.

It will show a command prompt window which is blank, but it is clearing the cache. Just wait for the Store to close and open automatically.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Apr 30, 2022
Thema:

computer is typing by its self

1. computer is typing by its self - Similar Threads - computer typing self

2. My pc keeps switching on its self...and switching its self off just before its completely on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc keeps switching on its self...and switching its self off just before its completely on: My mecer pc keeps switching on its self...and switching its self off just before its completely on...again and again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-keeps-switching-on-its-selfand-switching-its/3d7335d0-e961-4012-b636-3254c319ec21
  3. computer is typing by its self

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    computer is typing by its self: So yesterday one of my computers started acting weird like it would start typing on its own every time the computer would finish booting up. When we turn on the computer it lets me put in the password and nothing weird happens but suddenly right after everything is done...
  4. computer is typing by its self

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer is typing by its self: So yesterday one of my computers started acting weird like it would start typing on its own every time the computer would finish booting up. When we turn on the computer it lets me put in the password and nothing weird happens but suddenly right after everything is done...
  5. computer us typing by its self

computer us typing by its self: So yesterday one of my computers started acting weird like it would start typing on its own every time the computer would finish booting up. When we turn on the computer it lets me put in the password and nothing weird happens but suddenly right after everything is done...
  6. My PC is typing slashes by its self.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC is typing slashes by its self.: Hello, I have a problem with my PC that the PC it self is typing forward slashes by it self, My PC type is Legion Y540 and I tried every single thing on YouTube and in every search link, I tried searching and trying to fix my computer and still there is no response, I wish...
  7. My PC is typing slashes by its self.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC is typing slashes by its self.: Hello, I have a problem with my PC that the PC it self is typing forward slashes by it self, My PC type is Legion Y540 and I tried every single thing on YouTube and in every search link, I tried searching and trying to fix my computer and still there is no response, I wish...
  8. Types by self

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Types by self: My computer types automatically - always a q and I have to shut down and restart but this doesnt always work - any ideas re how to fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/types-by-self/71af477f-e8f7-4930-8e57-753b696956bd
  9. Computer cursor moving to the right and spam clicking by its self.

Computer cursor moving to the right and spam clicking by its self.: A couple of days ago I started noticing weird behavior from my mouse cursor, first, my mouse cursor just started going to the right of my screen then a couple of days later it was moving to the right of my screen and spam clicking. and now every time my computer goes to sleep...
  10. Computer doesn't advertise its self on the workgroup after upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer doesn't advertise its self on the workgroup after upgrade: Hello, I updated to the creator edition of Win10 (V 1703) and lost my shares. No biggie, I open network and sharing and change advanced sharing settings. Private (Current Profile) Network discovery on File and Printer sharing on Use usernames and passwords to...