Windows 10: Computer jack detecting devices, (Speakers/Headphones + Microphone) but not working

Discus and support Computer jack detecting devices, (Speakers/Headphones + Microphone) but not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good day everyone, I'm using a Windows 10 Pro 64-bit computer and I recently have gotten into a problem regarding the audio and microphone jacks on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Seyhan Oguz, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Computer jack detecting devices, (Speakers/Headphones + Microphone) but not working

Good day everyone,

I'm using a Windows 10 Pro 64-bit computer and I recently have gotten into a problem regarding the audio and microphone jacks on my computer.

My headphones are being detected by my computer, but my headphones do not seem to have any sound coming out. The computer is detecting the sounds coming from my computer, but it doesn't seem to get them to my headphones. I have tried using the front audio jack and the one in the back. Deactivating and activating the drivers, so as uninstalling and installing them again, doesn't seem to work either. (Also used windows update to install them again.) I also decided to go back to a Windows update from the past, thinking that was the cause, but no.

I ran the audio troubleshooter, I checked my sound settings, installed 2 different Realtek audio drivers and also installed the audio driver, suggested by my mainboard manufacturer, set it as a default device, restarted audio services, checked my privacy settings and at the end even formatted my computer hoping that would work, but to no avail.

I already tried opening-up my case and check if the audio cable had a problem, which to me there wasn't, after an hour of inspection and connecting and pulling it out. My headphones are working, I tried different headphones as well beforehand, they all work on my cell phone.

My microphone is an XLR microphone connected via the normal microphone cable. There is no sound detected at all from my microphone. I have an NVIDIA Graphics card and my speakers from my monitor work fine, so do my headphones when I connect them to my monitor.

I have no clue what is wrong and I have already tried everything in my knowledge, hope I can get some clarification and advice, thank you in advance.

:)

Seyhan Oguz, Oct 11, 2019
  2. 米托 Win User

headphone and microphone jack not working

I am using windows 10 pro 16299, on an Acer laptop, the headphone and microphone jacks are one next to the other. I have been using Win10 for a long time, both devices worked just fine. Due to some reason, I reinstalled win10 OS yesterday, and both devices
    were still working.

Today I left with my laptop on for an hour, when I came back, the headphone is not working, but if I unplug the headphone, the internal speakers do work fine. First I thought it was a driver problem, so I replaced the default driver (installed automatically
    with the os), with Realtek one I found on Acer's support website, the problem remains the same, then I replaced wit with the latest version I found on Realtek's website, still the same problem. I can receive sound from the HDMI output headphone jack, and the
    laptop internal headphone jack works under Linux.

Because I was not in front of the computer, I am not sure if something happened, but when I came back, there was no error or warning alert pop out window. Before I left, the system was seemed downloading some update, the headphone jack problem occurred before
    I reboot and install the update.

Any suggestions? Thank you!

米托, Oct 11, 2019
  3. Headphone Jack not working or being detected

My headphone jack stopped working after the last windows 10 update. When I plug in my headphones (known good) or a line out nothing happens. I know my computer used to detect the headphone jack and switch from built in speakers to the jack but now it does
    not detect anything. There is a red light in the port I can visually see but nothing works. I have unistalled drivers, reverted drivers, and updated drives with no luck. I have tried every suggestion I could find on this issue to no avail. It seems that nothing
    detects the jack and keeps my speakers running. Here are my computer specs and some related images.
    Computer jack detecting devices, (Speakers/Headphones + Microphone) but not working 4635c153-1b20-4515-a0a6-ff2389fda314?upload=true.png

Computer jack detecting devices, (Speakers/Headphones + Microphone) but not working cb37d921-7be0-414f-9a50-1d6682b7bd61?upload=true.png

JoshuaGood, Oct 11, 2019
  4. Nexu Win User

Computer jack detecting devices, (Speakers/Headphones + Microphone) but not working

No sound from speaker/headphone output jack with Realtek ALC269

Sometime during the March updates the Windows Update completely broke my laptop system (Acer Aspire 5820TG - 424G50Mn). I ignored it for a long time due to lack of spare time until I saw a few days ago that Redstone 5 was available for download and now I finally have some time to take care of my laptop. I decided to perform a clean install of Insider Preview on my SSD.
    But now after the clean install I noticed my audio device isn't working as it should. I get sound out of the laptop speakers, but when I plug in my speaker or headphones in the audio jack, no sound comes out of it. The volume mixer tells me there is audio signal. The jack detection is working as the Realtek Audio Manager warns me (after I enabled it) when something gets plugged in or unplugged. It even correctly mutes the laptop speaker. But the just no actual sound coming out of the speakers/headphones.

OS Version 10.0.17758.1 (Win10 RS5 Insider Preview)

Device Description Realtek ALC269
    Device Description (Windows) Realtek High Definition Audio
    Device Type Audio
    Bus Type HDAUDIO
    Device ID 10EC-0269
    Subsystem ID 1025-035D
    Revision 1001
    Hardware ID HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0269&SUBSYS_1025035D&REV_1001

Device Identifier Device Description
    midi-out.0 0001 001B Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth
    mixer.0 0001 0068 Speakers (Realtek High Definiti
    mixer.1 0001 0068 Realtek Digital Output (Realtek
    mixer.2 0001 0068 Microphone (Realtek High Defini
    wave-in.0 0001 0065 Microphone (Realtek High Defini
    wave-out.0 0001 0064 Speakers (Realtek High Definiti
    wave-out.1 0001 0064 Realtek Digital Output (Realtek

It's not a hardware failure in anyway since the laptop and the sound system works PERFECTLY (sound out of laptop speaker, sound out of headphone/speaker when audio jack plugged in) if I boot up in Linux. Microphone jack does function properly in both Windows 10 and Linux.

I tried all kind of drivers, from laptop manufacturer, to Realtek's, to the ones in Windows Update Catalogue. Non of them seem to fix the issue

I tried various drivers:
    • 64-bits drivers offered for my laptop model on the Acer website
    • Generic 64-bits drivers offered on the Realtek website
    • Drivers offered on the Windows Update Catalogue
    Non of them helps fixing the issue of no sound coming out of the output jack.
    I know 100% that it's not a hardware issue since my Linux install are working fine. So that makes me believe it's either a driver issue (quite some people seem to have this problem as well with Realtek) or a Windows issue.

I really need some help to resolve this...

Thema:

Computer jack detecting devices, (Speakers/Headphones + Microphone) but not working

1. Computer jack detecting devices, (Speakers/Headphones + Microphone) but not working - Similar Threads - Computer jack detecting

2. Headphone jack not detected.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone jack not detected.: My PC froze, i restarted, and the audio port was no longer being detected. Formated, fresh install, still no headphone jack detection tested multiple headphones and headsets bluetooth works fine but i need wired connection.Tried to run the troubleshoot program but it needs to...
  3. Windows 10 Detects Microphone as Headphones/Speakers

Windows 10 Detects Microphone as Headphones/Speakers: 6 months ago i bought a microphone off amazon . Everything was going perfectly fine until one day my pc just decided to detect my microphone as headphones/speakers . I've tried EVERYTHING . The issue is not the microphone itself . I've tried using another microphone but...
  4. Microphone being detected as Headphones/Speaker

Microphone being detected as Headphones/Speaker: Hi, everyone. I recently bought a new mic LC Studio. It's brand new, so I don't think there's an issue with the mic itself. But whenever I try to connect it to my laptop, it recognizes the mic as a speaker or a pair of headphones. [ATTACH] I've been looking all over my...
  5. Headphone And Microphone Jack Not getting Detected

Headphone And Microphone Jack Not getting Detected: My PC Specs Sony Vaio E sereis Windows 10 2004 Model - SVE1513cynb 3GB RAM Audio Chipset - Maybe Realtek When using Microsoft HD Audio Driver both Jack don't get detected But when I use Realtek HD Audio Driver Headphone Jack gets detected but when I put in headphone...
  6. headphone and microphone jack both not working

headphone and microphone jack both not working: my headphone and microphone jacks both on the front and back of my computer have completely stopped working. at first the computer recognized speakers as being plugged in, but no sound would come out. but now, even when i plug in speakers and microphones, they dont even show...
  7. Headphone jack not detecting headphones

Headphone jack not detecting headphones: I know, you must be thinking: another one of these posts? But I swear, none of the other posts have helped me any way. After upgrading to windows 10, my headphone jack stopped working and wont detect my headphones. My microphone jack still works. I've tried multiple things...
  8. Headphone jack not detecting headphones, USB headphones work.

Headphone jack not detecting headphones, USB headphones work.: So I've been scattering around trying to find out why my headphones haven't been working. It seems the headphone jack has just suddenly stopped detecting headphones that are plugged in. The issue started on Friday and I've only just noticed that the problem is the jack....
  9. Windows will not detect microphone plugged into headphone jack.

Windows will not detect microphone plugged into headphone jack.: I am using Windows 10. I have a Neewer NW-700 microphone (driverless condenser mic), and am using it along with a Neewer 48v Phantom Power Supply. However, the microphone does not show up in the sound control panel, even with the 'Show Disabled Devices' checked....
  10. Headphone Jack not working or being detected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphone Jack not working or being detected: My headphone jack stopped working after the last windows 10 update. When I plug in my headphones (known good) or a line out nothing happens. I know my computer used to detect the headphone jack and switch from built in speakers to the jack but now it does not detect anything....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. make my mic the deafult output and input

2. microphone detected but no sound