Windows 10: Computer keep restarting after reinstalling Windows 10

Discus and support Computer keep restarting after reinstalling Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi my computer keep restarting after I'm about to reinstall windows 10.Before it happen it just reinstalling normally and then after that it send me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RainSchonwpof, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Computer keep restarting after reinstalling Windows 10

Hi my computer keep restarting after I'm about to reinstall windows 10.Before it happen it just reinstalling normally and then after that it send me to bios and keep restarting and I did not finish my reinstalling of my windows 10.

:)

RainSchonwpof, Oct 25, 2021
  2. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Computer keep restarting after reinstalling Windows 10 :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Oct 25, 2021
  3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Oct 25, 2021
  4. Nordic Win User

Computer keep restarting after reinstalling Windows 10

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 25, 2021
Thema:

Computer keep restarting after reinstalling Windows 10

1. Computer keep restarting after reinstalling Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Computer keep restarting

2. My computer keeps freezeing then restarting even after multiple reinstalls. Its the same...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps freezeing then restarting even after multiple reinstalls. Its the same...: My computer will freeze randomly and with no discernable cause.CPU: Ryzen 5 3600xRam: Corsair vengeance 3200 2x8 GBMobo: Gigabyte aorus pro b550mGPU: Asus Strix 1070tiPsu: Evga 850w goldEvent viewer gives me this error and I don't know what to do about itA fatal hardware...
  3. My computer keeps freezeing then restarting even after multiple reinstalls. Its the same...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer keeps freezeing then restarting even after multiple reinstalls. Its the same...: My computer will freeze randomly and with no discernable cause.CPU: Ryzen 5 3600xRam: Corsair vengeance 3200 2x8 GBMobo: Gigabyte aorus pro b550mGPU: Asus Strix 1070tiPsu: Evga 850w goldEvent viewer gives me this error and I don't know what to do about itA fatal hardware...
  4. Computer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps restarting: Hello, I wiped my computer because I think it had some malware, but it keeps on restarting after I click an alert that is practically inescapable saying that my computer can’t install because it hit an error and the installation of windows can’t proceed. What should I do?...
  5. Computer keeps restarting

Computer keeps restarting: Hello, I wiped my computer because I think it had some malware, but it keeps on restarting after I click an alert that is practically inescapable saying that my computer can’t install because it hit an error and the installation of windows can’t proceed. What should I do?...
  6. Computer keep restarting after reinstalling Windows 10

Computer keep restarting after reinstalling Windows 10: Hi my computer keep restarting after I'm about to reinstall windows 10.Before it happen it just reinstalling normally and then after that it send me to bios and keep restarting and I did not finish my reinstalling of my windows 10....
  7. Computer keep restarting after reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer keep restarting after reinstalling Windows 10: Hi my computer keep restarting after I'm about to reinstall windows 10.Before it happen it just reinstalling normally and then after that it send me to bios and keep restarting and I did not finish my reinstalling of my windows 10....
  8. After restarting my computer, reinstalls applications updates

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    After restarting my computer, reinstalls applications updates: After I restart my computer and once it is fully restarted. If I go into the Microsoft store and check for updates, it always comes up with 30 or so. Though nothing new usually is ever updated at that time. It is all prior updates as the modified dates are from weeks to...
  9. Computer keeps reinstalling to the same screen after reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer keeps reinstalling to the same screen after reinstalling Windows 10: I did a clean install on my laptop by going into advanced startup and choosing one of the options to remove everything from the drive. When it finished it brought me to a Hi There screen that asked for my country, language, and time zone. When I click next it says there's a...
  10. Computer keeps "needing to restart" after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps "needing to restart" after update: Three days ago an update slipped through and since then my desktop has been suddenly going to a blue screen with a big "frown face" telling me there is an error and my computer has to restart. I have had this computer for a little less than a year and I have never had any...