Windows 10: computer keeps asking for password to login even though I turned it off

Discus and support computer keeps asking for password to login even though I turned it off in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am at a complete loss. I am the only person who uses my computer. I don't want to have to put in a pin or password when I turn my computer on. I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MissKathy, Jul 10, 2020.

1. MissKathy Win User

computer keeps asking for password to login even though I turned it off

I am at a complete loss. I am the only person who uses my computer. I don't want to have to put in a pin or password when I turn my computer on. I have changed the settings to no password. I have gone to netplwz and reset it there to not ask for a password. And yet...it asks me EVERY DAMN TIME.

I am getting so tired of Microsoft making everything so difficult. I'm in the middle of doing a couple things making recovery media - that isn't working Trying to format a USB thumbdrive - that doesn't want to work either.

So frustrated.

But let's start with the password. Maybe there's another way to do this but if there is I can't find it.

:)

MissKathy, Jul 10, 2020
  2. Erika Aro Win User

Windows keeps asking for Network Credentials even though I turned off password requirements

Hi Andy,

The password protected sharing is enabled by default on the latest Windows 10 versions. To edit your passwords and how you share on your Homegroup by going to the
    Change advanced sharing settings. To know more regarding Homegroup, you can check this
    link. Ensure the following to stop receiving a password prompt:

• Turn off password protected sharing. Type Network and Sharing Center in the Cortana search bar > select Advanced Sharing Setting > select Turn off password protected sharing for all networks. This must be disabled on the target/server device.
    • Let Windows manage the HomeGroup. Type Network and Sharing Center in the Cortana search bar > Advanced Sharing Setting > HomeGroup Connections > select "Allow Windows to manage homegroup connections (recommended)." It will ask you to sign out, then sign
      back in to be able to access network shares/devices without being asked for credentials.

If the issue persists, leave the Homegroup and join again. Additionally, we recommend posting this to our
    TechNet Forum that is responsible for a work environment that has multiple computers.

Let us know how it went or if you need further help.

Erika Aro, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Diane Win User
    Windows 10 is asking for a password even though the option is unchecked

I unchecked the option to have Windows 10 ask for a password. It worked for a day or two but now it's requiring a password again upon waking up or rebooting--even though the option is still unchecked. I made a registry change that was suggested and it has not worked. How can I get Windows 10 to stop ignoring my changes?

Diane, Jul 10, 2020
  4. computer keeps asking for password to login even though I turned it off

Windows 10 apps ask for login when you are already logged in to Windows

Hi,

To resolve your concern about Windows 10 apps which is asking you to login, we suggest that you turn off the UAC on your computer. Please follow these steps:

• Go to Start.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type UAC, and then click Change User Account Control setting.
    • To turn off UAC, move the slider to the Never notify position, and then click
      OK.
    • Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • You will need to restart your computer for UAC to be turned off.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

computer keeps asking for password to login even though I turned it off

1. computer keeps asking for password to login even though I turned it off - Similar Threads - computer keeps asking

2. Even though the Window Key is not physically pressed, it keeps turning off and on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Even though the Window Key is not physically pressed, it keeps turning off and on.: Hello, After receiving the updates 4-5 days ago, the start menu constantly opens and closes on our Asus FX505 series computers and some Lenovo devices, even though the Windows button is not pressed. We have created a temporary solution via Regedit that renders the start...
  3. Server asks for credentials even though "Turn off password protected sharing" is selected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Server asks for credentials even though "Turn off password protected sharing" is selected: I have two computers connected to the same network. They see each other but I can't access one from the other. I enabled "Turn off password protected sharing" and I gave all permissions to a specific folder on my first pc for the account I'm using on my second pc but I can't...
  4. Server asks for credentials even though "Turn off password protected sharing" is selected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Server asks for credentials even though "Turn off password protected sharing" is selected: I have two computers connected to the same network. They see each other but I can't access one from the other. I enabled "Turn off password protected sharing" and I gave all permissions to a specific folder on my first pc for the account I'm using on my second pc but I can't...
  5. Server asks for credentials even though "Turn off password protected sharing" is selected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Computer keeps turning off even though I never got a low battery warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps turning off even though I never got a low battery warning: Hi. This happens a lot, but my computer for some reason turns off without warning me of a low battery. Is there anyway to fix this? This may sound dumb....
  7. Computer keeps turning off even though I never got a low battery warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps turning off even though I never got a low battery warning: Hi. This happens a lot, but my computer for some reason turns off without warning me of a low battery. Is there anyway to fix this? This may sound dumb....
  8. Windows Keeps Asking for Password to Shared Folder though Passwords Are Turned Off

Windows Keeps Asking for Password to Shared Folder though Passwords Are Turned Off: I'm so sick of this happening. When I first boot up both my machines, I have network access no problem, and can open folders on the other machine. After a while, it starts asking me for a password, even though that requirement isn't selected. If, as some MVPs have averred on...
  9. Is there any way to turn off this pop-up? It keeps showing up even though I turned off the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to turn off this pop-up? It keeps showing up even though I turned off the...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/doodja [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gteeo0/is_there_any_way_to_turn_off_this_popup_it_keeps/
  10. Windows keeps asking for Network Credentials even though I turned off password requirements

Windows keeps asking for Network Credentials even though I turned off password requirements: Ever since the update to 1903 I can no longer access file sharing because it asks for a password. My Windows password does not work. What is the solution?...