Windows 10: Computer keeps bluescreening and I can't figure out why?

Discus and support Computer keeps bluescreening and I can't figure out why? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I recently built a new PC and installed Windows 10. Ever since my installation I have been having random BSOD errors and I can't figure out what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tksci, Sep 10, 2019.

1. tksci Win User

Computer keeps bluescreening and I can't figure out why?

Hi,

I recently built a new PC and installed Windows 10. Ever since my installation I have been having random BSOD errors and I can't figure out what is going wrong. The error message I get is "CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION", but all of my drivers are up to date, and running the memory diagnostic tool shows no issues (did some googling and those seemed like the two biggest issues that cause this error).

Looking in event viewer after crash only shows event ID 41 as a critical error so I am not sure if a driver is causing this or not. My specs are:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz processor

NVIDIA RTX 2070

16 GB RAM

ASUS X570 TUF gaming plus WiFi motherboard

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

-t

:)

tksci, Sep 10, 2019

2. bluescreen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community.

I understand that it can be frustrating for you when the computer shows bluescreen errors. Bluescreen errors are usually caused due to faulty hardware or drivers. We will try to narrow down the cause of the issue by performing a few steps.

1. Do you get bluescreen errors randomly or while performing any specific actions such as playing a game or running any particular application?
    2. Do you see any error code along with the message “DRIVERS POWER STATE FAILURE”?
    3. Are there any external devices connected to your computer?

The usual causes for bluescreen errors are Graphic card drivers and Network adapter drivers. We can go ahead and try to update the drivers.

Refer the article Update drivers in Windows 10 on how to update Graphic card
    and Network drivers.

You may also refer the article Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    for additional troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

You can reply to this post if you need further assistance

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Sep 10, 2019
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Computer keeps bluescreening and I can't figure out why? :cool:

jmcslob, Sep 10, 2019
  4. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Computer keeps bluescreening and I can't figure out why? - Similar Threads - Computer keeps bluescreening

2. Windows 10 Freezing all of a sudden, can't figure out why or how to fix

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Freezing all of a sudden, can't figure out why or how to fix: Never had issues with my computer before (which is only about a year old), now all of a sudden it's freezing randomly; no particular action or app seems to be causing it, locks up screen, mouse and keyboard. Only way to end it is to press or hold down the power button...
  3. I can't figure this out?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't figure this out?: I have three folders, in this order. Movies - Videos - Pictures. Movies and Pictures, display a list. But, the Videos folder, has a a problem . . . When I open the Videos folder, the list is there, but the list has lines separating the video files, with, this week, last...
  4. Can't figure out how to install Teredo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't figure out how to install Teredo: So I bought state of decay 2 to play with my buddies. I cannot join or host games though. I get the error 1006. I have tried to get Teredo to work through the command prompt and through the device manager where you use legacy hardware. When I attempted to alter the program...
  5. One of several PCs can't connect to a server in home network- Can't figure out why..

One of several PCs can't connect to a server in home network- Can't figure out why..: Hi, We have a bunch of PCs at home, but just one can't connect to a server. All the other PCs on the networks connect to themselves, and the server without trouble. Just one PC can't (Win 10). The PC in question is running Win 10 Home, the server is running 8.1 (don't ask...
  6. Newly built computer keeps bluescreening

Newly built computer keeps bluescreening: My desktop that I built this summer has been randomly giving BSODs after prolonged use. They are generic error messages like "IRQL not less or equal" but they are always different so far. I have all drivers up to date, but there was nothing in my minidump folder. I enabled...
  7. Black-sod. Need help figuring out why.

Black-sod. Need help figuring out why.: I have no idea what it was, is. But after screen turns black, sounds keep playing for about a min or so before it shuts down the pc. Windows10 x64. 4670k, 16gb, gtx970. 54035
  8. Redirecting addon that I can't detect or figure out how to uninstall

in Browsers and Email
    Redirecting addon that I can't detect or figure out how to uninstall: I'm sorry if this seems like a total newbie question but I can't figure out if this is a Windows 10 thing or something that's gotten under my radar and is a bit more sinister - everytime I start up a browser, Firefox or Chrome, I get this page Dropbox - Screenshot 2015-12-23...
  9. 2 PCs. 2 connections. Can't figure it out.

2 PCs. 2 connections. Can't figure it out.: Odd one this. I have my main PC... and a PC under the TV acting as a HTPC. The 2 are directly connected by a network cable. In addition both have a Wifi dongle and both get internet via WiFi I wish to transfer files from the PC to the HTPC via the wire as it is much...
  10. I can't seem to figure out snap assit

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't seem to figure out snap assit: Did I miss something or did the windows snap feature miss to first build. The feature is not functioning on my laptop. 1980