Windows 10: Computer keeps booting up into recovery after forced shutdown

Discus and support Computer keeps booting up into recovery after forced shutdown in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi,I was doing some light maintenance work on my computer HP desktop yesterday like uninstalling some programs to increase performance. when I was done... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by naaabu, Sep 5, 2021.

1. naaabu Win User

Computer keeps booting up into recovery after forced shutdown

Hi,I was doing some light maintenance work on my computer HP desktop yesterday like uninstalling some programs to increase performance. when I was done I tried to shut down the computer, but it kept restarting. Even when I put it on sleep mode, the screen turned on after a few minutes. I didn’t have time to deal with it unfortunately so I forced shutdown by pressing the power button.Now, I’m trying to turn on the computer but I keep being shown the screen where I choose the keyboard format then I’m sent to the page that says“Choose an option- troubleshoot - turn off your PC”I tried going int

:)

naaabu, Sep 5, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Sep 5, 2021
  3. Windows booting

Hello,

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you continue to force restart the computer until Windows loads. If Windows does not load, it should automatically enter the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE).

We can then try to repair the startup files for Windows. Here are the steps:

• In the Windows Recovery Environment (blue screen menus), select See advanced repair options > Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Repair.
    If it does not load Windows nor gets into WinRE, we will need to manually get to
    WinRE. Here is how:

• Force shutdown your computer by pressing and holding the power button down for 5 to 10 seconds.
    • Turn it back on and when you see the screen with the loading dots, force shutdown the PC once more. Make sure that you perform the force shutdown once you see the loading dots. You will need to do this twice.
    • The third time you turn the PC back on, you should see Please Wait
      or Preparing Automatic Repair.
    • In the Windows Recovery Environment (blue screen menus), select See advanced repair options > Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Repair.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Sep 5, 2021
  4. Computer keeps booting up into recovery after forced shutdown

Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 5, 2021
Thema:

Computer keeps booting up into recovery after forced shutdown

1. Computer keeps booting up into recovery after forced shutdown - Similar Threads - Computer keeps booting

2. Boot-up Problem after Force Shutdown Midst of Resetting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot-up Problem after Force Shutdown Midst of Resetting: I am resetting my sister's laptop tonight, and I advice her to watch over her laptop and to not do anything on it. But after an hour she started complaining that the "Reseting PC" was stocked on 51% for already hours and it's not moving. And this is the reason my sister lost...
  3. Boot-up Problem after Force Shutdown Midst of Resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot-up Problem after Force Shutdown Midst of Resetting: I am resetting my sister's laptop tonight, and I advice her to watch over her laptop and to not do anything on it. But after an hour she started complaining that the "Reseting PC" was stocked on 51% for already hours and it's not moving. And this is the reason my sister lost...
  4. Boot-up Problem after Force Shutdown Midst of Resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot boot into windows after forced shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot boot into windows after forced shutdown: PC was functioning normally. I stepped away for maybe an hour. Upon returning everything was frozen. I waited an additional half hour with no luck. At this time I forced a shutdown by holding the power button. After reboot it would not start windows and immediately went into...
  6. Cannot boot into windows after forced shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot boot into windows after forced shutdown: PC was functioning normally. I stepped away for maybe an hour. Upon returning everything was frozen. I waited an additional half hour with no luck. At this time I forced a shutdown by holding the power button. After reboot it would not start windows and immediately went into...
  7. Cannot boot into windows after forced shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Pc wont boot after forced shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc wont boot after forced shutdown: Hi, so i had to force shutdown my pc after it bugged with an installer. After this it wouldnt boot anymore. The setup i use wasnt touched in like 6 months, and it always worked perfectly without hickups. Now when i turn on my pc it will say ‘no signal’ on both monitors dvi...
  9. Computer won't boot up after shutdown or after going into hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't boot up after shutdown or after going into hibernation: This is the exact problem I am having. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hiberfilsys-missing-boot-and-hibernation-issues/d7b70041-2871-4b71-b186-192f2ac6137a I turned off faststartfastboot and now it turns on fine after a shutdown but it will not turn...
  10. Windows 10 does not boot after forced shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 does not boot after forced shutdown: Hi, My HP Pavilion G6 laptop is no more booting into Windows 10 after I did a forced shutdown 3 days back when the system was hung. I am not sure if some Windows 10 update was running in the background when I forced a shutdown. Till now I have tried the following; -...