Windows 10: Computer keeps completely freezing, requires shut down to use.

Discus and support Computer keeps completely freezing, requires shut down to use. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer keeps essentially hard crashing out of no where and i need to turn off my power bar to restart it. Any help is appreciated.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ErdzoWeathers, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Computer keeps completely freezing, requires shut down to use.

My computer keeps essentially hard crashing out of no where and i need to turn off my power bar to restart it. Any help is appreciated.

:)

ErdzoWeathers, Nov 2, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Computer keeps completely freezing, requires shut down to use. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 2, 2020
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Windows 10 is unable to complete shut down

We suggest doing these troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1. Hard Reset

• Shut down your computer.
    • Remove the cable and wires connected to your computer.
    • Press the Power button for 10 seconds to completely drain your device.
    • Check if there's any changes.
    Method 2. Shutdown trick.

• Press Windows key.
    • Press and hold Shift.
    • Click the Power icon.
    • Select and click Shutdown.
    Let us know the outcome.

Ernie San, Nov 2, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Computer keeps completely freezing, requires shut down to use.

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

Computer keeps completely freezing, requires shut down to use.

1. Computer keeps completely freezing, requires shut down to use. - Similar Threads - Computer keeps completely

2. Computer keeps randomly shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps randomly shutting down: My computer is a dell g3 with alienware driver windows 10the event log keep looping between Event ID: 6062Event ID: 9007Event ID: 187Event ID: 9008Event ID: 42. - which then puts the system to sleep, sleep reason: application APIthe reason for sleeping is not over heating as...
  3. Computer keeps freezing then shutting down...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps freezing then shutting down...: While playing games, mainly world of warcraft my PC will randomly Freeze completely, no ctrl alt delete, no task manager no nothing.. just freezes then either both monitors go different colours and resets, or I need to forcefully shutdown my pc. My in-game world of warcraft...
  4. Computer freezes/won't shut down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer freezes/won't shut down: My computer randomly locks up. I can move the mouse and call the task manager but programs freeze and when I try to restart/shut down the blue screen appears with the rotating dots but my computer will never shut down. I've left it alone for over 10 hours and nothing happens....
  5. Computer keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps shutting down: Hi, My computer keeps shutting down every few days while I am working. This has never happened before. Is there any way to stop this from re-occuring and losing documents I am working on. Thanks...
  6. Computer keeps shutting down.

Computer keeps shutting down.: I've had this computer for about a year and a half, it has random shutdowns and I've been unable to identify the source of the problem: Operating System: Windows 10 Pro-64-bit Processor: Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor Motherboard: ASUS PRIME Z390-P Memory: 32 GB [8 GB...
  7. Computer freezing and shutting down

Computer freezing and shutting down: Since building my new computer, I have experience the following problem a few times: Source Windows Summary Hardware error Date ‎12/‎06/‎2020 14.20 Status Report sent Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature...
  8. Computer shutting down before an update is complete

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer shutting down before an update is complete: Whenever I select the option to "Update and Shut Down" my computer shuts down before the update begins or can complete. It shuts down within 1 or 2 minutes. I am unsure of how to fix this problem. Please let me know, thanks!...
  9. Computer Keeps Freezing then shutting down

Computer Keeps Freezing then shutting down: Good evening, I have had this problem approximately 3/4months after I purchased my laptop. My laptop will freeze (it will turn what ever colour is the main propotion of the colour on the screen at that specifici time and on running the error report I get this error:-...
  10. computer not completely shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    computer not completely shutting down: Hi, I recent got a new Dell Inspiron 3670 Desktop with windows 10 Aug 30th and I have had five crashes involving hours on the phone with Dell Tech support and hours reinstalling my programs. I think I know what the problems is. When I turn off the computer the power light...