Windows 10: Computer keeps crashing/freezing.

Discus and support Computer keeps crashing/freezing. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I've been encountering many problems with my PC. The most important of which is that it will on occasion crash and or freeze, while doing anything.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SebastianBergsma, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Computer keeps crashing/freezing.

So I've been encountering many problems with my PC. The most important of which is that it will on occasion crash and or freeze, while doing anything. Its happened while there was nothing running, or while i'm doing stuff very intense and all in between. All my drivers are up to date, everything is saying that there isn't and Viruses or malware. Ive tried to factory default my computer 3 to 4 times, but each time failed and had to do a roll back. It has been forcing me to update windows, and it usually does, but during one of the updates it said that it failed or something and forced itself to roll back to the previous version. My PC also isnt over heating, because everything says that the temps are normal. I also tried to fix the problem by unparking all my cores on my CPU, and it fixed itself fora while, or at least improved, but now it seems to not help as much. Chrome also has a tendency of crashing, and when trying to launch Minecraft the tab will say "Not Responding" and i'll have to go into my task manager and end the "minecraft" task, which then makes the tab respond and brings me to the main menu of minecraft and I can play the game. That is all the problems I can remember as of right now.

GPU = Radeon rx480 8gb

CPU = AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core processor

8gb of ddr3 RAM

Windows 10

(I did change my cpu from a FX-4350 [I think that was the model] to the FX-8350)

:)

SebastianBergsma, Feb 2, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Feb 2, 2019
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Computer keeps crashing/freezing.

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

Computer keeps crashing/freezing.

1. Computer keeps crashing/freezing. - Similar Threads - Computer keeps crashing

2. Computer keeps freezing and crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps freezing and crashing: Lately my pc keeps malfunctioning,Sometimes it crashes and then reboots by itself, other times it prompts me with the BSOD.I performed a clean install of Windows 11, just in case, but the problem persisted.Then i found out I had a firmware update for my SSD, so I updated it,...
  3. Computer keeps freezing and crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps freezing and crashing: Lately my pc keeps malfunctioning,Sometimes it crashes and then reboots by itself, other times it prompts me with the BSOD.I performed a clean install of Windows 11, just in case, but the problem persisted.Then i found out I had a firmware update for my SSD, so I updated it,...
  4. my computer keeps crashing and freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my computer keeps crashing and freezing: when im gaming on red dead redemption 2 or just watching a youtube video, i have a ryzen 5500x with a rtx 3060 with a 1tb ssd and 16gb of RAM heres the message of most bug checks when i check them on the event viewer:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck...
  5. my computer keeps crashing and freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer keeps crashing and freezing: when im gaming on red dead redemption 2 or just watching a youtube video, i have a ryzen 5500x with a rtx 3060 with a 1tb ssd and 16gb of RAM heres the message of most bug checks when i check them on the event viewer:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck...
  6. My computer keeps crashing and freezing

My computer keeps crashing and freezing: So my windows 10 keeps crashing and it says critical process died or previous system shutdown was unexpected also says dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation...
  7. My computer keeps crashing and freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps crashing and freezing: So my windows 10 keeps crashing and it says critical process died or previous system shutdown was unexpected also says dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation...
  8. My computer keeps crashing/freezing

My computer keeps crashing/freezing: Not really sure why, or when, or how to re-create it. But it seems without flaw GTA 5 does it. Log Name: System Source: NetBT Date: 12/16/2020 2:01:12 AM Event ID: 4311 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User:...
  9. Computer keep crashing and freezing up

Computer keep crashing and freezing up: Hi Computer keep freezing up randomly and doing blue screens, no idea what is causing it. Window is up to date, drivers up to date, nothing on event logs that raise any flags. I upload the mini dump files to dropbox in a public site so you can help me out, I try to read...
  10. Computer keeps freezing and crashing.

Computer keeps freezing and crashing.: The computer won't stay on long enough for me to run sfc /scannow, and if I try it from a recovery disk command line, it says Windows resource protection failed. If I try to use safe mode, it freezes up there too with the same message. If I try to do a system restore, it...