Windows 10: Computer keeps crashing with error code "Live Kernel Event 144".

Discus and support Computer keeps crashing with error code "Live Kernel Event 144". in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there! I have recently built my PC and it has proven to be extremely unstable at least one critical error per day. I have read that this error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by John Smith Klein, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Computer keeps crashing with error code "Live Kernel Event 144".

Hi there!

I have recently built my PC and it has proven to be extremely unstable at least one critical error per day. I have read that this error generally is linked to issues with graphics card drivers. However, I checked and my graphics card drivers are up to date. I also get other error types, but they all seem to be linked to drivers. I have just reinstalled windows using the Reset This PC function and I still got the same LiveKernelEvent144 error as I was downloading a game off of steam.

These errors don't seem to be linked to wether a task is graphics intensive or not. They started when I was using a different graphics card GTX1660 which was sent away for repairs, but have continued to happen on the card I am using in the meantime GTX1050.

Is there any way to make this pc more stable? I'm having a hard time accepting that this is what using this brand new PC is going to be like.

Here's a copy of the last critical error I got sorry the labels are in french:

Nom d’événement du problème : LiveKernelEvent
    Code: 144
    Paramètre 1: 3003
    Paramètre 2: ffff81834a4aa6b0
    Paramètre 3: 40010000
    Paramètre 4: 0
    Version du système d’exploitation: 10_0_19041
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Produit: 768_1
    Version du système: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.768.101
    Identificateur de paramètres régionaux: 3084

Here are the components:

Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2x8 DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

Storage: Crucial P1 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1660 6GB VENTUS XS OC GTX1050 while the 1660 is out for repairs.

Power Supply: EVGA BR 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

Wireless Network Adapter: Asus PCE-AC56 Wifi Adapter

Operating system: Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit

Thank you so much.

:)

John Smith Klein, Sep 17, 2020

2. Kernel-Power event id 41. BugcheckCode 0

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In-order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, reply with answers to the below questions:

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Is this issue specific while playing a particular game?
    3. Which edition of Windows are you currently using?

A Kernel Power Event 41 can occur in the following scenarios.

Scenario 1: The computer restarts, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data.

Scenario 2: The computer is shut down by pressing and holding the power button.

Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang).

I suggest you refer the article on Kernel
    Power Event ID 41
    and follow the steps for the scenario that is causing this error on your PC.

Additionally, you can refer the article on Windows
    Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Sep 17, 2020
  3. restart and kernel-power event

Hi,

The kernel power event ID 41 error occurs when the computer is shut down, or it restarts unexpectedly. When a computer that is running Windows starts, a check is performed to determine whether the computer was shut down cleanly. If the computer was not shut
    down cleanly, a Kernel Power Event 41 message is generated.

Try this, see if it works for you:

• Go to "Settings"
    • Select "System"
    • Select "Power and Sleep"
    • Select "Additional Power Settings"
    • Select "Choose what the power buttons do"
    • Select "Change settings currently available"
    • Ensure that "Turn on fast start up" is deselected (unticked)
    • Click on "Save Changes"

Restart your computer after performing the steps.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Sep 17, 2020
  4. GurdenS Win User

Computer keeps crashing with error code "Live Kernel Event 144".

LiveKernelEvent 144: Encountered a Problem Where my Computer Crashes Randomly

Just upgraded my dektop with a new processor, motherboard, and ram but I was pretty heavily following a guide and I have no idea how to diagnose why I'm having my computer crash randomly. I can send pictures of how I plugged everything into the motherboard
    if I need to.

Here are the errors I got for the same crash:

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Code: 144

Parameter 1: 3003

Parameter 2: ffffba067ab706b0

Parameter 3: 40010000

Parameter 4: 0

OS version: 10_0_18362

Product: 768_1

OS Version: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

Code: d1

Parameter 1: 28

Parameter 2: 2

Parameter 3: 8

Parameter 4: 28

OS version: 10_0_18362

Product: 768_1

OS Version: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

This is a list of the parts that my desktop computer currently has:

System Builder

Is there someone that could help me out?

GurdenS, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Computer keeps crashing with error code "Live Kernel Event 144".

1. Computer keeps crashing with error code "Live Kernel Event 144". - Similar Threads - Computer keeps crashing

2. Live Kernel Event 144

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Live Kernel Event 144: Hello, I have been continually checking the reliability monitor and have found multiple hardware errors, when this happens the screen and audio freeze for a second, but sometimes I don't even notice. Origin windows Summary hardware error Date 01/29/2024 23:55 min. State Not...
  3. Live Kernel Event 144

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Live Kernel Event 144: Hello, I have been continually checking the reliability monitor and have found multiple hardware errors, when this happens the screen and audio freeze for a second, but sometimes I don't even notice. Origin windows Summary hardware error Date 01/29/2024 23:55 min. State Not...
  4. Live Kernel Event 144

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Live Kernel Event 144

Live Kernel Event 144: Hi All,Looking for help on this issue I have not been able to find a solution for. I am getting this live Kernel event error. no blue screen, but makes bluetooth stop working and disconnects + reconnects all my USB devices. I also get a Port Reset Failed error on a USB...
  6. Live Kernel Event 144

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Live Kernel Event 144: Hi All,Looking for help on this issue I have not been able to find a solution for. I am getting this live Kernel event error. no blue screen, but makes bluetooth stop working and disconnects + reconnects all my USB devices. I also get a Port Reset Failed error on a USB...
  7. Live Kernel Event Code 144

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Live Kernel Event Code 144: When trying to play games any game on my windows 11 PC it will randomly restart. Sometimes it will happen within a few minutes of starting a game and other times it won't happen for an extended period of time. Windows and drivers are all up to date. It's not overheating as...
  8. Live Kernel Event Code 144

Live Kernel Event Code 144: When trying to play games any game on my windows 11 PC it will randomly restart. Sometimes it will happen within a few minutes of starting a game and other times it won't happen for an extended period of time. Windows and drivers are all up to date. It's not overheating as...
  9. Live Kernel Event 144

Live Kernel Event 144: Hello, I recently had a few issues with my PC which I have not encountered before. A couple of days ago my PC completely froze so I had to turn it off by pressing the power button. At first I checked in the Reliability Monitor and only said that the turn off was unexpected....
  10. Hard Crash Live kernel event 144

Hard Crash Live kernel event 144: First post, my computer has crashed in specific pc games (AC odyssey and BF5). I bought a new graphics card and problem still persists: sfc /scannow done; registry clean done; ram test semi-done (pulling out ram worth a try); windows virus scan done; check disk done. I will...