Windows 10: Computer keeps dropping wifi. Other devices don't have this issue.

Discus and support Computer keeps dropping wifi. Other devices don't have this issue. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I will try to word this the best I can. (I am not too good at explaining things.) So I would be playing some online game on my computer and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by _L__, Jun 4, 2019.

1. _L__ Win User

Computer keeps dropping wifi. Other devices don't have this issue.

I will try to word this the best I can. (I am not too good at explaining things.)

So I would be playing some online game on my computer and then suddenly, I would get connection errors on everything. What makes this whole situation confusing would be the fact that every other device except mine would not have wifi drops. Thanks for reading.

6/4/2019

:)

_L__, Jun 4, 2019

2. WiFi keeps dropping

Hi Tampawned,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

Method 2: If this happens even when you are working on the computer, then this could be an issue with the WiFi drivers on the computer. You may try updating the WiFi drivers either from the computer
    manufacturer or Qualcomm website. Please go to these websites and search for the latest Windows compatible drivers for your WiFi card model and then install them on the computer. You may try all the troubleshooting steps from the article given below:
    Wired
    and wireless network problems

If you cant find the drivers for Windows 10 then I suggest you to install the latest driver in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Now, to install in Compatibility Mode, follow these steps:

a. Locate the executable file (.exe file) for the driver installation program.

b. Right-click the file, and then click Properties.

c. In the Package Name Properties dialog box, click the Compatibility tab.

d. Click to select the Run this program in compatibility mode for check box, click Windows 8 with which it is compatible with in the Run this program in compatibility mode for list, and then click OK.

e. Double-click the executable file to start the installation program.

You may also refer to this article for more information:
    Why can't I connect to a network?

(applies to Windows 10)

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jun 4, 2019
  3. my desktop computer is asking for a reboot device that I don,t have

my desktop computer is asking for a reboot device that I don,t have

BriJean2000, Jun 4, 2019
  4. Computer keeps dropping wifi. Other devices don't have this issue.

WIFI Keeps dropping

Hi,

To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• Did you receive any error messages?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when using other devices and connecting to other WiFi networks available?

Meanwhile, you can check the steps provided on this link. If you're still having an issue, you can try more advanced
    steps here. Update us with the result.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

Computer keeps dropping wifi. Other devices don't have this issue.

1. Computer keeps dropping wifi. Other devices don't have this issue. - Similar Threads - Computer keeps dropping

2. WiFi connection keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi connection keeps dropping: my computer keeps disconnecting me from my wireless network connection. It connects then drops, and says No Internet, secured. Then it will reconnect for a bit, and drop again. Cannot access any sites. I have tried resetting adapter, and it will reconnect, then drop again. I...
  3. WiFi connection keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi connection keeps dropping: my computer keeps disconnecting me from my wireless network connection. It connects then drops, and says No Internet, secured. Then it will reconnect for a bit, and drop again. Cannot access any sites. I have tried resetting adapter, and it will reconnect, then drop again. I...
  4. wifi keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi keeps dropping: dell laptop wifi problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-keeps-dropping/779f8cd1-6a40-4fbb-9113-5c86b9f043f6
  5. wifi keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi keeps dropping: dell laptop wifi problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-keeps-dropping/779f8cd1-6a40-4fbb-9113-5c86b9f043f6
  6. wifi keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. My WIFI keeps Dropping

My WIFI keeps Dropping: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop and few months back I encountered a problem in which my WIFI randomly disconnects and my WIFI SSID stops showing in the discoverable networks and to reconnect i have switch the airplane mode 2 - 3 times to get it back on or disconnect and...
  8. Wifi keeps dropping to 0kbps

Wifi keeps dropping to 0kbps: I have been having issues with my internet connection. It frequently drops to 0kbps for maybe 3 seconds at a time. When I say frequently I mean every 10 seconds it does this. This issue doesn't happend to any other device connected to my router. It is only my computer. For...
  9. WIFI keeps dropping

WIFI keeps dropping: Hello there. In the past 2-3 weeks or so, the wifi on my desktop device has been disconnecting itself for a minute or two. Bear in mind, this issue has never shown itself in all the time that i have used my Desktop. I use a network adapter to connect to the internet ASUS...
  10. WiFi connection drop issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi connection drop issue: I am using a USB WiFi adapter to connect my PC to the internet. Whenever I am downloading a heavy file using peer-to-peer sharing, my PC internet connection drops. However, it is not a router/ISP issue as I can still connect to the internet using other devices. If I am...