Windows 10: Computer keeps filling up C drive after hard reset

Discus and support Computer keeps filling up C drive after hard reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; 1. Computer freezes or crashes 2. Hold power button reset required 3. C Drive has gained like 9 extra GB. My C drive holds my operating system and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FixItUp, Nov 14, 2019.

1. FixItUp Win User

Computer keeps filling up C drive after hard reset

1. Computer freezes or crashes

2. Hold power button reset required

3. C Drive has gained like 9 extra GB.

My C drive holds my operating system and the reason a hard reset is required varies. Usually, it is because Windows crashes to an unresponsive displayless state after something like this happens, but most recently it was because Windows suddenly froze for no apparent reason, the first time this has ever happened. Was watching a video on youtube and after I connected my headphones, the entire screen froze and the keyboard and mouse no longer functioned including the caps lock light.

When I turned it back on, the C drive, which had 11 GB left right before the freeze, had 2 GB of free space left. Deleting and disabling system restore and doing a chkdsk /f /x /r didn't work either.

:)

FixItUp, Nov 14, 2019

2. Resetting Computer with Multiple Hard Drives?

Hey all,

Just a quick question. My computer has three hard drives:

• An 128GB SSD as C:\ for Windows 10 and essential applications (Visual Studio, Office, etc)
    • An 700GB SSD as D:\ for nonessential applications and games
    • A 2TB platter HDD as E:\ for general file storage.
    My computer has been running a bit weird lately (especially since I had a RAM stick go bad about a month ago) and so I just want to reset the C drive. My intention is to use the following steps:

• Settings > Update & Security > Recovery
    • Click Get Started under Reset this PC
    • Click Remove Everything
    • Erase quicky (since I'm not trading this PC in)
    So, my question is, if I do this will it format all three drives or will it only affect my C drive? I just want to know if I should disconnect my E drive before restoring my PC.

Thanks in advance!

Sn1p3rM00n, Nov 14, 2019
  3. C: Hard Drive Randomly Filled Up

There are different situations would cause C: hard drive randomly filled up:

1. Virus and malware may keep generating files to fill your system drive.

2. You may have saved large files to C: drive that you are not aware of. For example, the default download folder is located in C: drive.

3. Pages files, previous Windows installation, temporary files, and other system files may have taken up the space of your system partition.

4. There are too many large programs installed on C: drive.

There might be more reasons behind C: drive mysteriously full. You can use one or more of the methods below to clean up C: drive space in Windows 10/8/7.

1. Scan your computer for unwanted software or virus

2. Run Disk Cleanup

3. Delete hibernate file

4. Uninstall the large applications.

There are more detailed methods for
    C drive is full without reason
    . You may find the answer

DemonBradsahw, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Computer keeps filling up C drive after hard reset

C drive keeps Filling UP

My C drive keeps filling up. I have tried all options of removing temp data . I have been looking for a solution all week. Please help!

AbhinavShankar, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Computer keeps filling up C drive after hard reset

1. Computer keeps filling up C drive after hard reset - Similar Threads - Computer keeps filling

2. Hard drive keeps filling up on it's own.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive keeps filling up on it's own.: Using MS10. Properties say I have 3GB, very soon after, with no new things added to hard drive I get a warning that hardrive is almost full. I run chkdsk c: /x /r and restart. Now I am back to around 3GB. Very soon after back to 250Mb. Now having to repeat this several times...
  3. Hard drive keeps filling up on it's own.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive keeps filling up on it's own.: Using MS10. Properties say I have 3GB, very soon after, with no new things added to hard drive I get a warning that hardrive is almost full. I run chkdsk c: /x /r and restart. Now I am back to around 3GB. Very soon after back to 250Mb. Now having to repeat this several times...
  4. C Drive keeps filling up

C Drive keeps filling up: my c drive keeps filling up all the time. maybe 4 days ago my disk space was very low about 30-40gb so i deleted some games. then i had 80gb of free space but suddenly the next day i go onto my computer and i only have 35gb left. now that i check my c drive it keeps filling...
  5. C Drive keeps filling up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C Drive keeps filling up: my c drive keeps filling up all the time. maybe 4 days ago my disk space was very low about 30-40gb so i deleted some games. then i had 80gb of free space but suddenly the next day i go onto my computer and i only have 35gb left. now that i check my c drive it keeps filling...
  6. C Drive keeps filling up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. SSD C:\ drive keeps filling up

SSD C:\ drive keeps filling up: I'm running Windows 10 and my C drive will randomly fill up suddenly. It will go from having 30+ GB free to only 6-10. I'll use disk cleanup but find less than a GB available to delete. Yet a few days later it'll go back to having 30+ GB free again. I installed TreeSize and...
  8. C drive keeps filling up

C drive keeps filling up: Hi i need help fixing an issue on my c drive. It keeps filling up even when i delete stuff, i can literally my space filling up on storage settings. For now i have looked online to see how to fix it but i just cant find where everything is being stored. I have tried to...
  9. hard drive keeps filling up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard drive keeps filling up: help window insider 10 pro version:1909 windows 10 wont update and hard drive stays full no matter how fast i delete things it stays full how do I fix this problem. because of the disc being full cannot even save a restore point....
  10. Local C drive keep filling up!!!???

Local C drive keep filling up!!!???: Hello Microsoft Community, This is my first post on the community page and I'm sure its been asked before, but I seem to keep running out of disk space on my c: drive and its driving me absolutely crazy having to try and clean it on a daily basis to only get a gb or 2 to...