Windows 10: Computer keeps freezing and restarting, can't read the dump files

Discus and support Computer keeps freezing and restarting, can't read the dump files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've tried everything I can think of. The computer even freezes in Safe Mode. I reinstalled windows (didn't use another hard drive or disk or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JaredHouseholder, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Computer keeps freezing and restarting, can't read the dump files

I've tried everything I can think of. The computer even freezes in Safe Mode. I reinstalled windows (didn't use another hard drive or disk or anything), uninstalled bloatware, checked the event logs, etc. Here's how booting goes:

I hold the power button to turn it on. Two paths here.

1. I do nothing after turning it on, and it freezes seconds into starting to boot up.

2. I hold the volume up button on my computer while it's booting up. It will take me to the boot menu. I don't change any settings, but I immediately say "Exit Saving Changes". It almost always boots correctly. I can log in and try to use the laptop, but eventually, it will freeze. Usually within 10 minutes, but it has lasted hours. I often have very little time to find a solution.

What info can I give to help diagnose?

:)

JaredHouseholder, Aug 31, 2019
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Aug 31, 2019
  3. aries117 Win User
    Computer Keeps Freezing

It froze again, and the common problem I see throughout most of the freezes is a driver atksgt.sys being blocked from loading. It is related to Tages Protection from Tages SA and it says it has a driver that is installed that causes stability problems with my system. It says it will be disabled but I think this is why my pc keeps freezing. Any suggestions as to what it may be for and/or if I can get rid of it and how?

I never downloaded a program from Tages SA so I am not sure what it could be from.

aries117, Aug 31, 2019
  4. kciaccio Win User

Computer keeps freezing and restarting, can't read the dump files

Computer Keeps Freezing

I am having the same issue and we have similar equiptment. I am curious to see your solution. And I bought all my hardware in December. I don't even get BSOD dump files most of the time it happens. Sometimes I am working on the computer and the screens just go black like they lost signal. I leave my computer on 24hrs a day so when I come home half of the time it is frozen, same when I get up in the morning. I never know when I walk in if the computer will wake up and I am forced to hold the power button down to restart.

kciaccio, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Computer keeps freezing and restarting, can't read the dump files

1. Computer keeps freezing and restarting, can't read the dump files - Similar Threads - Computer keeps freezing

2. Need help on reading dump files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help on reading dump files.: Hi,I'm a technical support for a store consist of 3 POS. Since 4 months ago, all these 3 POS have been randomly auto restart or BSOD. It can happen during peak hour or even after the store closed they leave running 24/7. I have swapped parts such as motherboard, HDD, RAM, PSU...
  3. Help reading dump file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help reading dump file: Before we get started, yes I do realize this is still running Windows Vista. This is my uncle's computer that he uses an offline application for.Dump FilePreview of dump file:ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY fcAn attempt was made to execute non-executable memory. The...
  4. Help reading dump file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help reading dump file: Before we get started, yes I do realize this is still running Windows Vista. This is my uncle's computer that he uses an offline application for.Dump FilePreview of dump file:ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY fcAn attempt was made to execute non-executable memory. The...
  5. I keep having bluescreens but can't quite understand how to read the dump file. What is the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I keep having bluescreens but can't quite understand how to read the dump file. What is the...: I have the following error dump but can't seem to figure out how to decipher it...******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  6. Help reading a Dump file

Help reading a Dump file: My Pc has a new found power loss issue during gaming it simply loses power and there are little to no error logs. I have logs about Drivers failing on every startup that I dont believe are related, and after I reboot from a crash I see error 41 Kernal Power, And Error 6008,...
  7. help reading dump file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    help reading dump file: my pc has been crashing when entering a vr game sometimes. sometimes it works perfect but sometimes it "reboots from a bug check" anyways i have my latest dump file here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WqXNJ3elC17ndgRWcKnHw_34TFKvua_R/view?usp=sharing...
  8. Mini dump analysis requested - computer keeps restarting

Mini dump analysis requested - computer keeps restarting: Hello, my computer keeps restarting overnight. Mini dump is here - https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhzHYFY8TGe4mkeMR9yVyXSrgyll?e=GVv2QH I posted help questions previously and the most recent response was to uninstall voicemeeter which I have. The restarts are still happening. Could...
  9. Reading of a Dump file and finding cause of BSOD/Computer freezes

Reading of a Dump file and finding cause of BSOD/Computer freezes: Hi I have been having BSOD issues under high load for a couple of months. I thought I had solved them but they are still plaguing me. I have reinstalled windows with the keep data method two days ago which helped a bit. I had suspected graphics card so I've done a...
  10. How to read dump files?

How to read dump files?: I just got my first BSOD! I wasn't quick enough to note down the full error as Windows did a crash dump, but I did notice the offending file was an Atheros driver. This was confirmed by Control Panel | Reliability Monitor Source Windows Summary Shut down...