Windows 10: Computer keeps freezing, cutting to grey screen

Discus and support Computer keeps freezing, cutting to grey screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey, I've been having a serious issue with my desktop computer for some time now. The computer will randomly, regardless of what I'm doing, cut to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by beachbum111111, May 11, 2019.

1. Computer keeps freezing, cutting to grey screen

Hey, I've been having a serious issue with my desktop computer for some time now. The computer will randomly, regardless of what I'm doing, cut to a grey screen, white screen, black screen, or a screen with colored stripes. I've tried clean reinstalling my GPU drivers but that hasn't worked.

Now before you write this off as a hardware problem this is the strange part, I borrowed my friends GTX 1060 and lended my GPU (an AMD 7950) to a different friend. For the few months I was using my Friends GPU my computer didn't crash once, but my other friend that was using MY gpu didn't crash at all either, which makes me think there is something else wrong going on here. Also if I keep the AMD drivers uninstalled my computer wont crash at all.

These are my specs:

Intel HD i5-3570k (CPU)
    Gigabyte windforce Radeon HD 7950 3 GB (GPU)
    Gigabyte Z77-D3H (MoBo)
    XFX 650 watt 80+ Bronze Certified ATX PSU (Almost positive, might be a different PSU).
    8 GB of Kingston ddr3-1600 RAM and 8 GB of some hyperX ram at the same clock speed (both 2-4).
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

This is an example of the the computer cutting to a screen:

https://i.imgur.com/Wz3A8iT.jpg

:)

beachbum111111, May 11, 2019
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, May 11, 2019
  3. Cutting and copying in Paint greyed out

Hello Mary,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Paint greyed out option in Windows 10. We will certainly help you.

• How exactly are you opening the pictures in Paint?
    • Have you tried to copy and paste the pictures in paint and check?

We suggest you to once try copy the picture and then paste it in paint and check if you are able to use the cut option.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 11, 2019
  4. aries117 Win User

Computer keeps freezing, cutting to grey screen

Computer Keeps Freezing

It froze again, and the common problem I see throughout most of the freezes is a driver atksgt.sys being blocked from loading. It is related to Tages Protection from Tages SA and it says it has a driver that is installed that causes stability problems with my system. It says it will be disabled but I think this is why my pc keeps freezing. Any suggestions as to what it may be for and/or if I can get rid of it and how?

I never downloaded a program from Tages SA so I am not sure what it could be from.

aries117, May 11, 2019
Thema:

Computer keeps freezing, cutting to grey screen

1. Computer keeps freezing, cutting to grey screen - Similar Threads - Computer keeps freezing

2. Computer Keeps Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Keeps Freezing: Hello,I have bought a new computer at the end of 2022. The computer worked perfectly until a month ago when it started freezing randomly. I have noticed the issue is primarily occurring when my ultrawide monitor is split between a browser and Hearthstone which then started...
  3. Computer grey-screening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer grey-screening: [ATTACH] Fans are running really high, ive never seen anything like this. Does anyone know what causes this screen to appear? submitted by /u/BucketofJava [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/13o99z6/computer_greyscreening/
  4. Computer Keeps Freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Keeps Freezing: Hello,I have had a problem with my PC in which it will freeze up randomly. My cursor won't move and no keyboard inputs work forcing me to turn the PC off with the power button. I've tried many things like doing a clean installation of Windows Windows 10 Home Edition and...
  5. Computer Keeps Freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Keeps Freezing: Hello,I have had a problem with my PC in which it will freeze up randomly. My cursor won't move and no keyboard inputs work forcing me to turn the PC off with the power button. I've tried many things like doing a clean installation of Windows Windows 10 Home Edition and...
  6. Grey Stripe on Computer Screen

Grey Stripe on Computer Screen: My computer recently developed an opaque grey band, about 6cm in the middle of my computer screen. It changes from light grey to black. Images & words can sometimes be seen through it. It does not change orientation when the screen goes from horizontal to vertical, or when...
  7. My computer screen keeps freezing

My computer screen keeps freezing: Hello, My computer keeps freezing up. All I know is that everything stops, I cannot move the mouse or anything, but the audio still works. From what I know, Event viewer displays this: MDM ConfigurationManager: Command failure status. Configuraton Source ID:...
  8. Computer keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer keeps freezing: Hello I have this problem since it shutdown itself and when I try to started it says no bootable device I put in legacy and started normally but I have this problem of my computer freezing constantly, I try update the drivers and disk. I leave a link so you can see the video...
  9. Computer keeps freezing!

Computer keeps freezing!: Hi, My computer has been freezing the past few weeks. It will be fine for a little while then it will start to freeze. Sometimes it unfreezes other times I have to do a hard reset. I tried using sfc /scannow and whenever I do it I get the message "Windows Resource...
  10. Computer freezes with Grey screen while using - Windows 10

Computer freezes with Grey screen while using - Windows 10: For no reason and in any screen; browser, Office Products, email, etc. my computer will suddenly lock-up, have a gray (ghost) screen with a cross that looks like it is composed of 2 jelly beans. I cannot get out of this screen even when I Ctl+Alt-delete to try and get to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen freezing grey screen