Windows 10: Computer Keeps Going to Sleep Even Though Sleep Settings Are Off

Discus and support Computer Keeps Going to Sleep Even Though Sleep Settings Are Off in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Basically I've been having problems with my new laptop where it will go into sleep mode while I'm using it. All of the sleep and hibernating settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by nicolewilliams2, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Computer Keeps Going to Sleep Even Though Sleep Settings Are Off

Basically I've been having problems with my new laptop where it will go into sleep mode while I'm using it. All of the sleep and hibernating settings are off, but for some reason the computer still goes into sleep mode. It also seems to go into sleep mode faster when I'm playing a game. If it was going into sleep mode while I wasn't using it that would be one thing, but it's going into sleep mode while I'm using it. I've tried changing multiple settings and no luck. This is an extremely frustrating problem that I would appreciate any help I could get with it. Thanks in advance!

:)

nicolewilliams2, Oct 30, 2018

2. My computer keeps on going to sleep!

Hi,

I am on Windows 10 and my computer keeps going to sleep while I am playing GTA V with a controller. I have set the sleep options to never in sleep and power settings but it still sleeps! HELP!

JoshuaHotchin, Oct 31, 2018
  3. David Haz Win User
    After Windows 10 Anniversary Update Computer Not Sleeping

Hello.

Does disabling the HID-Complaint Touch Screen driver resolves the issue? If yes, we suggest that you disable it and see if your device go into Sleep mode after a period of inactivity.

We also suggest to check if the settings of the Power Options of your device are set so that the device will go into Sleep mode after a period of time. You may follow the steps below to check is Sleep mode is enabled on your device:

• Press the Windows button + X, then click on
      Power Options.
    • Click Change when the computer
      sleeps.
    • Change the settings to your preferred settings.

Keep us updated on the results.

Regards.

David Haz, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Computer Keeps Going to Sleep Even Though Sleep Settings Are Off

iTunes stops playing when the computer go to sleep

Hi Ross,

Sleep mode is designed to stop all actions on a computer as it puts the device to a low-power state. Since you want to continue using a program even while your computer is locked, we suggest turning off Sleep mode by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Choose Power & Sleep from the left pane.
    • Under Sleep, choose Never.

Computer Keeps Going to Sleep Even Though Sleep Settings Are Off a56ef514-cf53-4631-8917-a239182dc84a.png

Let us know if you have any other concerns about your computer.

Yolvi Ell, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

Computer Keeps Going to Sleep Even Though Sleep Settings Are Off

1. Computer Keeps Going to Sleep Even Though Sleep Settings Are Off - Similar Threads - Computer Keeps Going

2. My hard disk keeps going to sleep even though the option is set to never.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My hard disk keeps going to sleep even though the option is set to never.: Hello,The option "Turn off hard disk after" is set to never, but it keeps going to sleep after 15 minutes of idling.Using windows 11 22H2, SSD for the system and a Seagate barracuda hdd for storage.Anyone found a fix for this issue?...
  3. My hard disk keeps going to sleep even though the option is set to never.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My hard disk keeps going to sleep even though the option is set to never.: Hello,The option "Turn off hard disk after" is set to never, but it keeps going to sleep after 15 minutes of idling.Using windows 11 22H2, SSD for the system and a Seagate barracuda hdd for storage.Anyone found a fix for this issue?...
  4. computer keeps going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer keeps going to sleep: When typing and press the space bar and some lower keys the computer goes to sleep. This is a new computer and out of the box it had this problem but after updating the problem was resolved. But then after installing the latest version of Windows 10 feature update the problem...
  5. computer keeps going to sleep

computer keeps going to sleep: When typing and press the space bar and some lower keys the computer goes to sleep. This is a new computer and out of the box it had this problem but after updating the problem was resolved. But then after installing the latest version of Windows 10 feature update the problem...
  6. computer keeps going to sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Computer keeps going to "sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps going to "sleep: Started tonight, all three of my monitors show no signal detected and then go to sleep mode. Computer seems to keep running but will not wake up. Have to do a hard restart to get it back up. Runnings Windows 10 Pro, updated with current MB bios versions, temps are fine, no...
  8. Computer keeps going to "sleep

Computer keeps going to "sleep: Started tonight, all three of my monitors show no signal detected and then go to sleep mode. Computer seems to keep running but will not wake up. Have to do a hard restart to get it back up. Runnings Windows 10 Pro, updated with current MB bios versions, temps are fine, no...
  9. will not go to sleep even though it did before

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    will not go to sleep even though it did before: My computer will not hibernate even though it did before. I have not changed anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-not-go-to-sleep-even-though-it-did-before/31f4b1cb-71d2-49e0-ac44-fa67e33ee429
  10. Monitors going to sleep even set to never sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitors going to sleep even set to never sleep: I've set my monitors to never sleep yet they do so on an irregular basis. They can go weeks w/o sleeping yet today they went to sleep twice in less than a 1/2 hour. I just double checked my settings and they are still set to never sleep. I did just start using Helios Display...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer going to sleep despite settings

2. computer keeps going to sleep

3. pc is sleeping even though sleep is off

4. computer goes to sleep even with sleep off,
  5. windows 10 goes to sleep despite settings,
  6. my laptop goes to sleep despite having turned off the setting,
  7. windows 10 going to sleep despite settings,
  8. computer sleeps despite settings,
  9. pc goes to sleep despite settings,
  10. laptop goes to sleeo even though sleep settings are good,
  11. even with correct power settings computer is going to sleep,
  12. my computer sleeps even though I told it no to,
  13. computer goes to sleep even though sleep is turned off,
  14. Windows 10 Computer is going to sleep even though sleep settings are turned off,
  15. computer keeps going to sleep despite energy settings