Windows 10: Computer keeps going to sleep even when I'm playing a game.

Discus and support Computer keeps going to sleep even when I'm playing a game. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've turned the sleep settings to never, I've updated the drivers and my computer, and it's still not stopping. For two weeks it works fine then, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CassidyMartinsen, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Computer keeps going to sleep even when I'm playing a game.

I've turned the sleep settings to never, I've updated the drivers and my computer, and it's still not stopping. For two weeks it works fine then, it goes into sleep mode for another two weeks at random times, then back to normal. It's a weird pattern I really want to stop. I turn it back on and my progress is still there right where I left it, but it then it immediately goes right back to sleep. This is on my computer not a laptop. Some times it goes back on for one sec maybe two, not long enough to even log into my computer. I really need help with this, I've tried to uninstall and reinstall windows 10 and still nothing its working.

:)

CassidyMartinsen, Apr 21, 2020

2. My computer keeps on going to sleep!

• It happens when I don't touch the keyboard or mouse for a certian time. I have auto sleep set to never. When I am using my xbox controller it still sleeps.
    • All of my drivers are up to date Computer keeps going to sleep even when I'm playing a game. :)

JoshuaHotchin, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    iTunes stops playing when the computer go to sleep

Hi Ross,

Sleep mode is designed to stop all actions on a computer as it puts the device to a low-power state. Since you want to continue using a program even while your computer is locked, we suggest turning off Sleep mode by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Choose Power & Sleep from the left pane.
    • Under Sleep, choose Never.

Computer keeps going to sleep even when I'm playing a game. a56ef514-cf53-4631-8917-a239182dc84a.png

Let us know if you have any other concerns about your computer.

Yolvi Ell, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Ruz San Win User

Computer keeps going to sleep even when I'm playing a game.

Laptop going to sleep when i play games

Hi Sammy,

There may be some issues with your settings that lead to this problem when you play games on the laptop. Kindly answer these questions so we can help you with your concern:

• Do you get any errors when you start the device again?
    • Did the issue start after applying changes or installing updates on your laptop?
    • Does the problem happen when the device is plugged in to a power source?

To know how you can check if updates were installed on your device, go to
    this page

Let's review the Power & sleep settings to further identify the problem. Follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • Go to Power & sleep.
    • See if any of the current settings enable Sleep when using your laptop.

You can also run the Power Troubleshooter to get more details about the issue. Refer to the following steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshooting then press Enter.
    • On the left panel, click on View all.
    • Choose Power and allow the troubleshooter to run.

Let us know if you find anything.

Regards.

Ruz San, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

Computer keeps going to sleep even when I'm playing a game.

1. Computer keeps going to sleep even when I'm playing a game. - Similar Threads - Computer keeps going

2. My PC keeps restarting when I'm playing games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC keeps restarting when I'm playing games.: This has been happening for a couple of weeks, and I really don't know where to start.I'm using a 4070 ti and and ryzen 9 5900x with an 850w cooler master power supply.Here are my events from my...
  3. computer keeps going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer keeps going to sleep: When typing and press the space bar and some lower keys the computer goes to sleep. This is a new computer and out of the box it had this problem but after updating the problem was resolved. But then after installing the latest version of Windows 10 feature update the problem...
  4. computer keeps going to sleep

computer keeps going to sleep: When typing and press the space bar and some lower keys the computer goes to sleep. This is a new computer and out of the box it had this problem but after updating the problem was resolved. But then after installing the latest version of Windows 10 feature update the problem...
  5. computer keeps going to sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Computer keeps going to "sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer keeps going to "sleep: Started tonight, all three of my monitors show no signal detected and then go to sleep mode. Computer seems to keep running but will not wake up. Have to do a hard restart to get it back up. Runnings Windows 10 Pro, updated with current MB bios versions, temps are fine, no...
  7. Computer keeps going to "sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps going to "sleep: Started tonight, all three of my monitors show no signal detected and then go to sleep mode. Computer seems to keep running but will not wake up. Have to do a hard restart to get it back up. Runnings Windows 10 Pro, updated with current MB bios versions, temps are fine, no...
  8. Computer keeps going to "sleep

9. Computer keeps going to sleep

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer keeps going to sleep: Hi there, I upgraded my computer to feature 1809, around 6 days ago. Now, yesterday, I got the cumulative december 2018 update for 1809. Now my computer keeps going to sleep after 10 minutes or so by itself. I have it all turned off in power options. What can I do to...
  10. Computer Keeps Going to Sleep Even Though Sleep Settings Are Off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Keeps Going to Sleep Even Though Sleep Settings Are Off: Basically I've been having problems with my new laptop where it will go into sleep mode while I'm using it. All of the sleep and hibernating settings are off, but for some reason the computer still goes into sleep mode. It also seems to go into sleep mode faster when I'm...