Windows 10: Computer keeps going to sleep mode by itself despite settings.

Discus and support Computer keeps going to sleep mode by itself despite settings. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I like Win 10! It's really great and good looking. It also performs really well and my laptop starts quite fast. Only one thing that annoys the h...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by lathoan, Feb 13, 2016.

1. lathoan Win User

Computer keeps going to sleep mode by itself despite settings.

I like Win 10! It's really great and good looking. It also performs really well and my laptop starts quite fast. Only one thing that annoys the h... out of me. The reason for this is, that sometimes my laptop just goes to sleep mode. I only have to let it be for 2 minutes and... gone! It doesn't do it all the time. I have managed to find a pattern. It only does this when it has been into hibernation or sleep mode once. After that it does it all by itself. And I know that many of you now thinks "why don't you change the settings?" Well, the thing is - I have! Everything has been set to "never go to sleep". Everything!
    What to do?

:)

lathoan, Feb 13, 2016

2. Windows 10 keeps going into sleep mode despite settings

Most research on the topic is dated. Looking for any current issues others are having and alternative solutions. Yesterday it went to sleep in the middle of an office update.

BruceKissell, Feb 13, 2016
  3. Windows 10 keeps going into sleep mode despite settings

Hi Bruce,

Some settings on your computer might affect the power usage. Computers that are going to sleep mode unexpectedly can also occur due to software conflicts. For us to investigate the issue, we'd like to know if you've made any changes prior to the issue. In
    the meantime, here are the steps that we can perform to resolve your power issue:

• Boot your computer in safe mode. It will help you determine if the issue is caused by default setting and device drivers. To do so, refer to this
      link.
    • Run the power troubleshooter. This will automatically detect the system settings that are affecting the power usage and resolve power and startup issues.
    • Reset and restore all default power plans to its default settings. To do so, refer to these steps:

A. Open Command Prompt as an administrator.

B. Type powercfg –restoredefaultschemes and press Enter.

C. Restart your device to apply the changes.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Lov Dollente, Feb 13, 2016
Thema:

Computer keeps going to sleep mode by itself despite settings.

1. Computer keeps going to sleep mode by itself despite settings. - Similar Threads - Computer keeps going

2. computer keeps going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer keeps going to sleep: When typing and press the space bar and some lower keys the computer goes to sleep. This is a new computer and out of the box it had this problem but after updating the problem was resolved. But then after installing the latest version of Windows 10 feature update the problem...
  3. computer keeps going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer keeps going to sleep: When typing and press the space bar and some lower keys the computer goes to sleep. This is a new computer and out of the box it had this problem but after updating the problem was resolved. But then after installing the latest version of Windows 10 feature update the problem...
  4. computer keeps going to sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Computer doesn't go to sleep despite being in power saver mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer doesn't go to sleep despite being in power saver mode: My laptop is set to sleep after 10 minutes on battery and 15 minutes on mains. It does nothing of the kind. I wake up to find zero battery because the laptop didn't sleep at all, which wastes electricity when energy prices are sky-high. Hybrid sleep, which some sites said...
  6. Computer doesn't go to sleep despite being in power saver mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer doesn't go to sleep despite being in power saver mode: My laptop is set to sleep after 10 minutes on battery and 15 minutes on mains. It does nothing of the kind. I wake up to find zero battery because the laptop didn't sleep at all, which wastes electricity when energy prices are sky-high. Hybrid sleep, which some sites said...
  7. Computer keeps going to "sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps going to "sleep: Started tonight, all three of my monitors show no signal detected and then go to sleep mode. Computer seems to keep running but will not wake up. Have to do a hard restart to get it back up. Runnings Windows 10 Pro, updated with current MB bios versions, temps are fine, no...
  8. Computer will not go into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer will not go into sleep mode: Please Help!!! My HP All In One 24-f0xx will not go into sleep mode by itself. The hard drive keeps running. If you select power then sleep that function works. I have updated all the drivers and changed the sleep mode option No Help. I have also ran SFC no issues found. In...
  9. Computer will not go into sleep mode

Computer will not go into sleep mode: Computer will not go into sleep mode. I have tried everything and adjusted everything and it will not sleep. The monitor does go into sleep mode, but the computer will not. I have adjusted all the settings in power and sleep section and nothing works. This just started a few...
  10. computer going into sleep mode,

computer going into sleep mode,: I have to reboot to fix. Lexapro PC goes black in the middle of working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-going-into-sleep-mode/1b3ee20d-4486-45a2-a519-08daef97d341

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer sleeping despite settings

2. pc goes to sleep despite settings

3. computer going to sleep despite settings