Windows 10: Computer keeps locking after 2 minutes no matter what settings I choose. How to change time...

Discus and support Computer keeps locking after 2 minutes no matter what settings I choose. How to change time... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have been getting more progressively frustrated at this issue as the weeks in lock-down have progressed. If I step away from the PC for more than 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SkyTree501, May 6, 2020.

1. Computer keeps locking after 2 minutes no matter what settings I choose. How to change time...

I have been getting more progressively frustrated at this issue as the weeks in lock-down have progressed. If I step away from the PC for more than 2 minutes it will lock me out and I will have to reenter my password.

Power and sleep settings are set to turn off screen after 30 minutes, I am in performance mode power settings and am at a loss as to how I can get it to just keep me logged on for the duration that I desire.

Can anyone help me with this?

submitted by /u/SkyTree501
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SkyTree501, May 6, 2020

2. Win 10 Set Time Automatically Changes time AND Date

Hello,

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. We will help you.

In the Date and Time Settings dialog box, do one or more of the following:

• To change the hour, double-click the hour, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• To change the minutes, double-click the minutes, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• To change the seconds, double-click the seconds, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• When you have finished changing the time settings, click OK.

• To change the time zone, click Change time zone.

• In the Time Zone Settings dialog box, click your current time zone in the drop-down list, and then click
      OK.
    Also I suggest you to check the below steps to change the time using the command prompt.

• Right click on Start and select the
      Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type the word "time". Type a space, and enter the new time in the following format:
    • HH:MM:SS AM/PM. For example, time 5:34:00 PM, time 12:15:00 AM, etc.
    • Press enter or return.
    Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 6, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Lock Screen keeps changing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows Spotlight picks the photos from Bing and displays them in the lock screen. I understand that you have set a picture and it is getting changed automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps to select the Picture that you want to be displayed on the lock screen. Please follow the steps mentioned below to set a Picture to lock screen:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open settings.
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Lock screen.
    4. Click on the drop down under Background and select
      Picture.
    5. Click on Browse and select the picture that you want to set.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 6, 2020
  4. Computer keeps locking after 2 minutes no matter what settings I choose. How to change time...

Time Change with cmd

Hello Hasan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to change the time. We will help you.

In the Date and Time Settings dialog box, do one or more of the following:

• To change the hour, double-click the hour, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• To change the minutes, double-click the minutes, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• To change the seconds, double-click the seconds, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• When you have finished changing the time settings, click OK.

• To change the time zone, click Change time zone.

• In the Time Zone Settings dialog box, click your current time zone in the drop-down list, and then click
      OK.
    Also I suggest you to check the below steps to change the time using the command prompt.

• Right click on Start and select the
      Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type the word "time". Type a space, and enter the new time in the following format:
    • HH:MM:SS AM/PM. For example, time 5:34:00 PM, time 12:15:00 AM, etc.
    • Press enter or return.
    Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Computer keeps locking after 2 minutes no matter what settings I choose. How to change time...

1. Computer keeps locking after 2 minutes no matter what settings I choose. How to change time... - Similar Threads - Computer keeps locking

2. Windows 10 Pro Enterprise keeps locking no matter what settings I change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Enterprise keeps locking no matter what settings I change: We have PC's set up to run 24-7-365 that auto logon, and auto run a program, designed to be unmanned. I recently replaced windows 7 machines with windows 10, set up both machines with same settings, no screensaver, lock screen checked off, screen and sleep set to never in...
  3. Windows 10 Pro Enterprise keeps locking no matter what settings I change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro Enterprise keeps locking no matter what settings I change: We have PC's set up to run 24-7-365 that auto logon, and auto run a program, designed to be unmanned. I recently replaced windows 7 machines with windows 10, set up both machines with same settings, no screensaver, lock screen checked off, screen and sleep set to never in...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Enterprise keeps locking no matter what settings I change

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Windows 10 Locks after 9 minutes and setting cannot be changed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Locks after 9 minutes and setting cannot be changed: I have an extraordinarily maddening issue. No matter what I change in power schemes, lock screen settings, modern or control panel settings I am unable to make a lasting change that will prevent this users computer from locking every 10 minutes. At this point it is faster to...
  6. Laptop keeps sleeping/locking every minute, settings won't change

Laptop keeps sleeping/locking every minute, settings won't change: My HP Notebook recently encountered this issue where if left idle, the screen will turn off after one minute of inactivity. Some times it's just my laptop going to sleep and will resume if i press any button or move the mouse, or sometimes I have to log in all over again....
  7. My computer time is always 2 minutes fast. How do I set it to auto but have it correct for...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer time is always 2 minutes fast. How do I set it to auto but have it correct for...: If I set the time to manual it will gradually lose time. If I set the update to automatic it will constantly be two minutes ahead of any other time server that I connect to. I think I need to change the time server but do not know how to do that....
  8. No matter what settings, windows goes to lock screen after 1~2 mins.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No matter what settings, windows goes to lock screen after 1~2 mins.: Hey guys, this problem has been draining my sanity for a long time. My working laptop goes to lock screen/ black screen every time Im idle for longer than 1 or 2 minutes.. the problem is.. That everything in POWER SETTINGS, REGISTRY and SCREEN SAVING is set to NEVER. Ive...
  9. Computer locks after 2 minutes -even while active

Computer locks after 2 minutes -even while active: Hi Everyone, I have a problem that is driving me nuts. I have a few windows 10 computers that just lock after 2 minutes even while using the computer.. Its not every computer on my domain just a few sporadic ones. I have a 2- 2016 domain controllers. I went through every...
  10. Windows 10 sleeps after 3 minutes, no matter what.

Windows 10 sleeps after 3 minutes, no matter what.: Ever since i downloaded windows 10 my lenovo idea pad will go to sleep after only 3 minutes of inactivity. Iv'e gone into the setting and changed it to what I want but no matter what I do it it stays the same. It's extremely frustrating could anyone please help. [img]...