Windows 10: Computer keeps "needing to restart" after update

Discus and support Computer keeps "needing to restart" after update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Three days ago an update slipped through and since then my desktop has been suddenly going to a blue screen with a big "frown face" telling me there is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JJoriginalproductions, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Computer keeps "needing to restart" after update

Three days ago an update slipped through and since then my desktop has been suddenly going to a blue screen with a big "frown face" telling me there is an error and my computer has to restart. I have had this computer for a little less than a year and I have never had any problems until now. When this happens I can do nothing to stop it. When it shuts down I lose all my work that wasn't saved a second before. It restarted three times in a row which set off a whole other set of problems. I have tried to contact M support with no success. I need my computer for work, and I am getting no help from Microsoft.

I do not understand how an update came through automatically because I have automatic updates turned off.

Can anyone please help me stop the restarts?!

HP 2018 Desktop PC

128 SSD/2TBHD
    Windows 10 Pro

:)

JJoriginalproductions, Dec 22, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Computer keeps "needing to restart" after update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 22, 2018
  3. misiu22 Win User
    girlfriends needs help with her computer, keeps restarting

girlfriend calls, HELP my computer keeps restarting. lol
    so the problem:

Her computer is constantly restarting when it gets to the WINDOWS XP loading screen and then shuts down.

it will get to start windows normally, start windows in safe mode.. blah blah blah, and she enters start windows normally, get passed this screen then gets to the WINDOWS XP loading screen ( guessing thats the BOOT SCREEN) and restarts.

please help

thanks!

misiu22, Dec 22, 2018
  4. Computer keeps "needing to restart" after update

random restarts

Hi Lili,

Hardware failure or system instability can cause the computer to
    randomly restarts. As our initial troubleshooting step, we suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter on your computer and check if it fixes the issue. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems look for
      Power.
    • Then Run the troubleshooter.

Update us with the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Marilou Ser, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

Computer keeps "needing to restart" after update

1. Computer keeps "needing to restart" after update - Similar Threads - Computer keeps needing

2. Computer keeps restarting needed to speak with someone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer keeps restarting needed to speak with someone: My computer keeps restarting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-keeps-restarting-needed-to-speak-with/c39a9763-ac38-4ba3-bb17-7659d4b535d4
  3. Computer keeps restarting needed to speak with someone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps restarting needed to speak with someone: My computer keeps restarting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-keeps-restarting-needed-to-speak-with/c39a9763-ac38-4ba3-bb17-7659d4b535d4
  4. Computer keeps restarting needed to speak with someone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer keeps freezing and restarting. Need help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps freezing and restarting. Need help!: My computer keeps freezing and restarting, I've checked the event viewer and this are the two errors that show up:1- Unable to start a DCOM Server: Microsoft.YourPhone_1.22072.207.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe!App.AppX3vhsrrrr4az9vb3h5mjdzkhtshkg5v0x.mca as Unavailable/Unavailable....
  6. Computer keeps freezing and restarting. Need help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps freezing and restarting. Need help!: My computer keeps freezing and restarting, I've checked the event viewer and this are the two errors that show up:1- Unable to start a DCOM Server: Microsoft.YourPhone_1.22072.207.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe!App.AppX3vhsrrrr4az9vb3h5mjdzkhtshkg5v0x.mca as Unavailable/Unavailable....
  7. Computer keeps freezing and restarting. Need help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Windows update keep restarting computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update keep restarting computer: Hello When I was trying to download windows updates I got an error which I fixed with some google searches. But now when all the updates are downloaded it says install pending and the computer just restarts. When the computer boots up again it just keeps restarting every 3-5...
  9. Event 41, computer keeps restarting, need advice.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event 41, computer keeps restarting, need advice.: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 3/22/2020 9:11:43 AM Event ID: 41 Task Category: 63 Level: Critical Keywords: 70368744177664,2 User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-4JNS9QG Description: The system has...
  10. Computer will not restart after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer will not restart after update: After the last windows update my computer kept restarting I decided to restore my computer, but now it will not accept my live.com password. I changed my password and it will still not accept the password. I can now get to the command prompt, but that is the only thing I can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer keeps restarting after update

2. computer keeps needing to restart

3. pc keeps needing to restart