Windows 10: Computer keeps on freezing to the point where i have to flip the power switch.

Discus and support Computer keeps on freezing to the point where i have to flip the power switch. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've had this pc since around september 2019 and for a few months now, my computer has been randomly freezing. I was able to check task manager and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JordanAlkhasawneh, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Computer keeps on freezing to the point where i have to flip the power switch.

I've had this pc since around september 2019 and for a few months now, my computer has been randomly freezing. I was able to check task manager and it said "system" I clicked open file location and it said "ntoskrnl" which I looked up and apparently is my kernel. I have updated my drivers and scanned with antivirus but nothing was found. I have tried to restart my computer and keep my personal files. But when I saw it would get rid of a bunch of "Microsoft Visual C++" and I looked it up and saw it was important. Its very annoying especially when it freezes when I start to load into a League of Legends game and I have to restart mid game.

Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x 4.3 Ghz
    Rtx 2060 super by gigabyte
    16 gb of ram at 3000 mhz
    Unfortunately I do not know the power supply because its a pre-built

:)

JordanAlkhasawneh, Jun 7, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Jun 7, 2020
  3. aries117 Win User
    Computer Keeps Freezing

It froze again, and the common problem I see throughout most of the freezes is a driver atksgt.sys being blocked from loading. It is related to Tages Protection from Tages SA and it says it has a driver that is installed that causes stability problems with my system. It says it will be disabled but I think this is why my pc keeps freezing. Any suggestions as to what it may be for and/or if I can get rid of it and how?

I never downloaded a program from Tages SA so I am not sure what it could be from.

aries117, Jun 7, 2020
  4. mikesil23 Win User

Computer keeps on freezing to the point where i have to flip the power switch.

Windows 10 keeps freezing my computer randomly

I have done these boilerplate "solutions" so many times the computer almost does them by itself.

It does appear that Microsoft is making some small effort on the problem (without even admitting that it exists). Over the past 18 months I have noticed:

• the interval between freezes has improved from about every 2 operating hours to about 12 hours, on average
    • the hard reset after a freeze no longer throws Win10 into one of its weird states from which it used have great difficulty recovering. Now when a freeze happens I can do power off, wait, power on and get a normal startup.
    So keep up the good work, guys. Our great-great-great-grandchildren will thank you for it.

mikesil23, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Computer keeps on freezing to the point where i have to flip the power switch.

1. Computer keeps on freezing to the point where i have to flip the power switch. - Similar Threads - Computer keeps freezing

2. Computer Keeps Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Keeps Freezing: Hello,I have bought a new computer at the end of 2022. The computer worked perfectly until a month ago when it started freezing randomly. I have noticed the issue is primarily occurring when my ultrawide monitor is split between a browser and Hearthstone which then started...
  3. Computer Keeps Freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Keeps Freezing: Hello,I have had a problem with my PC in which it will freeze up randomly. My cursor won't move and no keyboard inputs work forcing me to turn the PC off with the power button. I've tried many things like doing a clean installation of Windows Windows 10 Home Edition and...
  4. Computer Keeps Freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Keeps Freezing: Hello,I have had a problem with my PC in which it will freeze up randomly. My cursor won't move and no keyboard inputs work forcing me to turn the PC off with the power button. I've tried many things like doing a clean installation of Windows Windows 10 Home Edition and...
  5. Figuring out why a powerful simulation computer keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Figuring out why a powerful simulation computer keeps freezing: Good day! I'm having trouble with a powerful simulation computer we use to do simulations in an academic setting. I have been experiencing that for some heavy simulations, the computer will freeze. That is to say, everything on screen becomes frozen and unresponsive. No...
  6. Power Point

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Power Point: i have files in powerpoint on my pc. I have now got the PP app on my ipad. How do i link the two so i can access the files from my ipad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-point/65caf280-cca8-4424-b1f7-6d984987072c
  7. Computer keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer keeps freezing: Hello I have this problem since it shutdown itself and when I try to started it says no bootable device I put in legacy and started normally but I have this problem of my computer freezing constantly, I try update the drivers and disk. I leave a link so you can see the video...
  8. My computer frequently freezes and it eventually gets to the point where I have to hard...

My computer frequently freezes and it eventually gets to the point where I have to hard...: I've tried to completely reset my computer and clean it but every time I try to do this, it ends up failing and sending me back to the home screen. I was wondering what would be the best and easiest way to fix this....
  9. Computer keeps freezing!

Computer keeps freezing!: Hi, My computer has been freezing the past few weeks. It will be fine for a little while then it will start to freeze. Sometimes it unfreezes other times I have to do a hard reset. I tried using sfc /scannow and whenever I do it I get the message "Windows Resource...
  10. power point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    power point: my power point will not display pictures/artwork/addons. It's telling me that my anti virus may be blocking this but this is the first time that this has ever happened....