Windows 10: Computer keeps randomly going to sleep

Discus and support Computer keeps randomly going to sleep in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Henlo there. I'm having a problem with my Windows 10 laptop where it keeps randomly going to sleep, and I don't know what's causing it. Any and all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JormungandRED, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Computer keeps randomly going to sleep

Henlo there. I'm having a problem with my Windows 10 laptop where it keeps randomly going to sleep, and I don't know what's causing it. Any and all help is much appreciated. Thank you.

submitted by /u/JormungandRED
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JormungandRED, Nov 4, 2019
  2. _JP_ Win User

Computer Randomly Turns on From Sleep

I only saw this thread now, otherwise I would have suggested this sooner.
    I had that same problem you are having, my computer was waking-up from S3 and the culprit was my X7 mouse.
    powercfg -lastwake also listed the HID keyboard device which was an extension of the mouse.
    Besides going in device manager and setting everything to not being able to wake-up the computer from S3, I also did this to the power profiles:

Computer keeps randomly going to sleep nousbwakeup.jpg

Worked for me.

_JP_, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Oliverbgn Win User
    PC going into sleep mode randomly even if in use

I downloaded and installed the display driver with no luck. It's still going into sleep mode randomly.

Any other suggestion I can try? Thanks

Oliverbgn, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Computer keeps randomly going to sleep

My computer keeps on going to sleep!

To help you resolve the power issue on your computer, let's check Abdul_Malik's troubleshooting steps on this
    link.

Let us know the outcome.

Frederick Tag, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Computer keeps randomly going to sleep

1. Computer keeps randomly going to sleep - Similar Threads - Computer keeps randomly

2. computer keeps going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer keeps going to sleep: When typing and press the space bar and some lower keys the computer goes to sleep. This is a new computer and out of the box it had this problem but after updating the problem was resolved. But then after installing the latest version of Windows 10 feature update the problem...
  3. computer keeps going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer keeps going to sleep: When typing and press the space bar and some lower keys the computer goes to sleep. This is a new computer and out of the box it had this problem but after updating the problem was resolved. But then after installing the latest version of Windows 10 feature update the problem...
  4. computer keeps going to sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My computer keeps randomly going to sleep and will not wake up.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer keeps randomly going to sleep and will not wake up.: This happens even when I set the power option to 'never'.I have uninstalled/installed drivers. Taken out my graphics card and memory chips and cleaned all the contacts. I have changed the DVI.Removed unnecessary entries in Device Manager.I did manage to run a graphics card...
  6. My computer keeps randomly going to sleep and will not wake up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps randomly going to sleep and will not wake up.: This happens even when I set the power option to 'never'.I have uninstalled/installed drivers. Taken out my graphics card and memory chips and cleaned all the contacts. I have changed the DVI.Removed unnecessary entries in Device Manager.I did manage to run a graphics card...
  7. Computer keeps going to "sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer keeps going to "sleep: Started tonight, all three of my monitors show no signal detected and then go to sleep mode. Computer seems to keep running but will not wake up. Have to do a hard restart to get it back up. Runnings Windows 10 Pro, updated with current MB bios versions, temps are fine, no...
  8. Computer keeps going to "sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps going to "sleep: Started tonight, all three of my monitors show no signal detected and then go to sleep mode. Computer seems to keep running but will not wake up. Have to do a hard restart to get it back up. Runnings Windows 10 Pro, updated with current MB bios versions, temps are fine, no...
  9. Computer keeps going to "sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Computer keeps going to sleep

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer keeps going to sleep: Hi there, I upgraded my computer to feature 1809, around 6 days ago. Now, yesterday, I got the cumulative december 2018 update for 1809. Now my computer keeps going to sleep after 10 minutes or so by itself. I have it all turned off in power options. What can I do to...