Windows 10: Computer keeps randomly starting after recent Windows 10 update

Discus and support Computer keeps randomly starting after recent Windows 10 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Computer keeps randomly starting after recent Windows 10 update. After the initial update, it asked me to sign in to Microsoft....couldn't find my old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BetsyTaylor1, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Computer keeps randomly starting after recent Windows 10 update

Computer keeps randomly starting after recent Windows 10 update. After the initial update, it asked me to sign in to Microsoft....couldn't find my old password to sign in to some features it required me to sign in to, so I changed the password. It has been randomly rebooting ever since. Fans are working, but the computer is older, so I can't totally rule out the power supply. As I said, this started after the latest update.

:)

BetsyTaylor1, Aug 27, 2019
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Windows 10 Update and Computer is Running SLOW

Hello,

Given that there was an update that was recently installed on your computer, it is possible that there are underlying software issues in the operating system of your computer. To help us identify the cause of this issue, we would need to know the following
    information:

• Which build and edition of Windows 10 is currently installed on your computer?
    • What specific update was recently installed on your device?
    • Are you also experiencing with the applications randomly crashing?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform a clean boot by following the steps indicated on this
    link. It will help us to troubleshoot and determine what conflict is causing the problem.

Keep us updated with the result.

Dyan Rey, Aug 27, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 27, 2019
  4. Computer keeps randomly starting after recent Windows 10 update

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

Computer keeps randomly starting after recent Windows 10 update

1. Computer keeps randomly starting after recent Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Computer keeps randomly

2. Random unresponsiveness and hang after recent Windows updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random unresponsiveness and hang after recent Windows updates: Hi, I have been experiencing with some really frustrating system issues after the January update. The system would randomly become unresponsive, and clicking on any app icon will not do anything. Startup menu will show up but clicking on the search bar doesn't do anything...
  3. Random unresponsiveness and hang after recent Windows updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random unresponsiveness and hang after recent Windows updates: Hi, I have been experiencing with some really frustrating system issues after the January update. The system would randomly become unresponsive, and clicking on any app icon will not do anything. Startup menu will show up but clicking on the search bar doesn't do anything...
  4. Start Menu Not Working In Windows 10 after recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start Menu Not Working In Windows 10 after recent update: After a recent update for Windows 10, my start menu button is showing an error. The search function to the right of it isn't working either. Also my settings aren't working. Can anyone assist? This is the error I get. [ATTACH]...
  5. Random System Sleep after recent Windows 10 update

Random System Sleep after recent Windows 10 update: HI, Any one facing random system reboot after latest windows 10 update? Got update titled April 14, 2020—KB4549951 OS Builds 18362.778 and 18363.778 In system log its showing below error, User-mode process attempted to change the system state by calling...
  6. Computer hangs after recent update

Computer hangs after recent update: Since a recent update of W10 I have noticed that my computer hangs. Activating Task Manager seems to get the laptop working again but it keeps doing it. Also I have noticed that right click type windows keep opening randomly all the time. I have tried a complete reset but...
  7. After a recent update, my computer won't start

After a recent update, my computer won't start: When I updated my laptop, it would constantly restart itself. I eventually had to reset my laptop. I was able to keep most of my files, but had to reinstall my programs. While on my desktop, my screen suddenly started bugging out. My YouTube video became very slow and laggy...
  8. Windows 10 freezing randomly after recent updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 freezing randomly after recent updates: I am getting all sorts of freezes requiring restore of system to previous versions but, after some time, the system starts freezing again. I have tried all the "tips" which do not work - increasing page file, sfc/scannow, etc. to no avail. today morning I got following errors...
  9. Windows 10 keeps refreshing after recent updates were installed

Windows 10 keeps refreshing after recent updates were installed: After some very recent updates to Windows 10 (Sept 2018) my screen started refreshing and going black for a few moments. I went online and was advised to disable in Services, Windows error reporting, and Problems support and solutions. This noticeably slowed down the...
  10. Random Freezes after Recent Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Freezes after Recent Windows 10 update: Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. I apologize if I have posted in the wrong area. I will describe the issue I'm having as best as I can with the limited information I have. So with what seemed to coincide with the Windows 10 Creators Update (though not 100% sure),...