Windows 10: computer keeps rebooting

Discus and support computer keeps rebooting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hi all, i have a del optiplex 755 running windows 10 and it just keeps rebooting while I am trying to use it. how can i stop this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by george bogle, Jul 2, 2020.

1. computer keeps rebooting

hi all, i have a del optiplex 755 running windows 10 and it just keeps rebooting while I am trying to use it. how can i stop this?

:)

george bogle, Jul 2, 2020

2. Windows 10 Computer (orginally 8) keeps rebooting to install updates

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that your computer keeps restarting because of updates and I will be happy to answer your query. Let me ask you;

• Which security software is installed in the computer?
    • Do you remember making any specific change in the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to an update or multiple?
    This could be due to several reasons and to diagnose the issue, I would suggest you to try the steps below and check;

Step 1: Remove any external devices connected to PC (except mouse and keyboard)

Step 2: Disable security software and check.

Important: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software,
    you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Step 3: If you are referring to multiple updates, I would suggest you to try installing 4-5 updates at a time and then try restarting the computer.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Jul 2, 2020
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Computer keeps shutting down

Hi,

For us to get a better grasp of your query, please provide the following:

• Error message that you receive
    • Basic troubleshooting steps taken
    In the meantime, I suggest that you follow the instructions provided on this
    link

I'll keep an eye out for your reply.

AndreePin, Jul 2, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

computer keeps rebooting

Brightness resets after reboot

Hi,

To clarify the issue, we need additional information:

• Are there any changes made prior to this issue?
    • Did you update your Windows?

For the meantime, we suggest updating the drivers for ambient sensor and keyboard lighting, since the suggested troubleshooting steps given above did not work for you.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Anne Ros, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

computer keeps rebooting

1. computer keeps rebooting - Similar Threads - computer keeps rebooting

2. Computer keeps freezing then rebooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps freezing then rebooting: I have been getting this error on my event viewer : "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffffaa8773a0a010, 0xfffff803960ef600, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  3. Computer keeps freezing then rebooting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps freezing then rebooting: I have been getting this error on my event viewer : "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffffaa8773a0a010, 0xfffff803960ef600, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  4. Computer keeps rebooting itself

Computer keeps rebooting itself: While playing games computer decides to reboot mid-game without any announcements. Found following error in Event Viewer:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0x00007fffffff0000, 0x00000000000000ff, 0x00000000000000c0, 0xfffff8046d0540f7. A...
  5. Computer Keeps Rebooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Keeps Rebooting: My computer keeps rebooting blue screen error due to many different reasons as per the event viewer. I have also noticed through Speccy that only 1496 mHz ioy my ram is being used. I believe my ram is capable of close to 4000 mHz. I have looked into the BIOS for this, and in...
  6. Computer Keeps Rebooting

Computer Keeps Rebooting: My computer keeps rebooting blue screen error due to many different reasons as per the event viewer. I have also noticed through Speccy that only 1496 mHz ioy my ram is being used. I believe my ram is capable of close to 4000 mHz. I have looked into the BIOS for this, and in...
  7. Computer Keeps Rebooting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Computer keeps unexpectedly rebooting

Computer keeps unexpectedly rebooting: Hi I have an old computer that is still on windows 7 can't update it in order for it to remain compatible with an older piece of equipment it's connected to and its keeps rebooting and showing this error: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was:...
  9. Computer keeps rebooting?

Computer keeps rebooting?: Ever since my PC was completely rebuilt at Microcenter about 9 months ago in Maryland, it has been randomly rebooting or experiencing BSOD. It rebooted 5 times yesterday . When a BSOD occurs, I troubleshoot according to those messages. So far there has been: “KMODE...
  10. my computer keeps rebooting

my computer keeps rebooting: how do I get my computer to stop rebooting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keeps-rebooting/5135b395-59ac-43cc-b674-e5a1e2c707c5