Windows 10: Computer keeps rebooting?

Discus and support Computer keeps rebooting? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ever since my PC was completely rebuilt at Microcenter about 9 months ago in Maryland, it has been randomly rebooting or experiencing BSOD. It rebooted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RedVelvetCupcake, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Computer keeps rebooting?

Ever since my PC was completely rebuilt at Microcenter about 9 months ago in Maryland, it has been randomly rebooting or experiencing BSOD. It rebooted 5 times yesterday .

When a BSOD occurs, I troubleshoot according to those messages. So far there has been:

“KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED” most common

“IRQL GT ZERO AT SYSTEM SERVICE”

What I have done:

1. Go through all drivers, manually update them and remove hidden, duplicate or old drivers.

2. Go through all troubleshooting wizards on computer, including memory and drivers.

3. Check physical system to make sure everything is seated properly.

4. Checked the temperatures, which are great.

5. Went through the event log and got thoroughly confused.

6. Ensured computer was fully updated and patched

7. Scanned for malware

8. Took out two 4gb RAM corsair sticks in case they were causing issues with the Gskill 8s.

9. Clean reinstall of Windows

I have since moved to TX and can’t go back to Microcenter.

I have been able to replicate the issue by searching for a Bluetooth audio device to connect to. Every time I search, the computer restarts.

The computer restarts in many different circumstances, but the Bluetooth connection process is the only one I have found to replicate reliably.

******************************************************************************

Microsoft Windows 10 Home

IntelR CoreTM i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 8 Cores, 8 Logical Processors

MPG Z390 GAMING EDGE AC MS-7B17

16 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER

Inland 1TB SSD

CX750M PSU

******************************************************************************

:)

RedVelvetCupcake, Jul 26, 2020
  2. AndreePin Win User

Computer keeps shutting down

Hi,

For us to get a better grasp of your query, please provide the following:

• Error message that you receive
    • Basic troubleshooting steps taken
    In the meantime, I suggest that you follow the instructions provided on this
    link

I'll keep an eye out for your reply.

AndreePin, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Windows 10: computer keeps tabbing out of currently used program

Hi Sheyshen,

To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried updating your Windows 10 computer to its latest update?
    • Have you tried to turn off the Get tips, tricks and suggestions as you use Windows
      in the Notification & Actions Settings of your Windows 10 and see if you will still encounter the same issue?

If you are not able to turn off that in the Notification & Actions Settings, you can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type Notifications & Actions.
    • Deselect the option Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows.
    • Restart your computer.

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Computer keeps rebooting?

Computer/Display keeps on crashing

Hi Julien,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concerned. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better I would like to know, which game are you trying to play?

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps:

Method 1.

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display adapter driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display adapter driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display adapter driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the AMD manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. If the display driver is not available for Windows 10, try installing the available driver in compatibility mode and check.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Tenforo, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Computer keeps rebooting?

1. Computer keeps rebooting? - Similar Threads - Computer keeps rebooting

2. Computer keeps freezing then rebooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps freezing then rebooting: I have been getting this error on my event viewer : "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffffaa8773a0a010, 0xfffff803960ef600, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  3. Computer keeps freezing then rebooting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps freezing then rebooting: I have been getting this error on my event viewer : "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffffaa8773a0a010, 0xfffff803960ef600, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  4. Computer keeps rebooting itself

Computer keeps rebooting itself: While playing games computer decides to reboot mid-game without any announcements. Found following error in Event Viewer:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0x00007fffffff0000, 0x00000000000000ff, 0x00000000000000c0, 0xfffff8046d0540f7. A...
  5. Computer Keeps Rebooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Keeps Rebooting: My computer keeps rebooting blue screen error due to many different reasons as per the event viewer. I have also noticed through Speccy that only 1496 mHz ioy my ram is being used. I believe my ram is capable of close to 4000 mHz. I have looked into the BIOS for this, and in...
  6. Computer Keeps Rebooting

Computer Keeps Rebooting: My computer keeps rebooting blue screen error due to many different reasons as per the event viewer. I have also noticed through Speccy that only 1496 mHz ioy my ram is being used. I believe my ram is capable of close to 4000 mHz. I have looked into the BIOS for this, and in...
  7. Computer Keeps Rebooting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Computer keeps unexpectedly rebooting

Computer keeps unexpectedly rebooting: Hi I have an old computer that is still on windows 7 can't update it in order for it to remain compatible with an older piece of equipment it's connected to and its keeps rebooting and showing this error: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was:...
  9. computer keeps rebooting

computer keeps rebooting: hi all, i have a del optiplex 755 running windows 10 and it just keeps rebooting while I am trying to use it. how can i stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-keeps-rebooting/9f27f6a0-4a25-4ec9-b526-94c9e17dc567
  10. my computer keeps rebooting

my computer keeps rebooting: how do I get my computer to stop rebooting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keeps-rebooting/5135b395-59ac-43cc-b674-e5a1e2c707c5