Windows 10: Computer keeps reinstalling to the same screen after reinstalling Windows 10

Discus and support Computer keeps reinstalling to the same screen after reinstalling Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I did a clean install on my laptop by going into advanced startup and choosing one of the options to remove everything from the drive. When it finished... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AidenE1, Mar 21, 2019.

1. AidenE1 Win User

Computer keeps reinstalling to the same screen after reinstalling Windows 10

I did a clean install on my laptop by going into advanced startup and choosing one of the options to remove everything from the drive. When it finished it brought me to a Hi There screen that asked for my country, language, and time zone. When I click next it says there's a problem keeping them from getting my PC ready to use, and they think an update will help get things working again (I have a picture but this website isn't allowing me to upload it). However, it updated and I've restarted several times yet it keeps bringing me to the same screen. What do I do? I do not want to have to get rid of my laptop and buy a new one after using it only for a year

:)

AidenE1, Mar 21, 2019
  2. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Computer keeps reinstalling to the same screen after reinstalling Windows 10 :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Mar 21, 2019
  3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Mar 21, 2019
  4. Computer keeps reinstalling to the same screen after reinstalling Windows 10

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Your ild keys should work but if you registered the key to your online ms persona (email address) it should be tied to your account , install without a key login with your credentials , then activate.

theoneandonlymrk, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

Computer keeps reinstalling to the same screen after reinstalling Windows 10

1. Computer keeps reinstalling to the same screen after reinstalling Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Computer keeps reinstalling

2. Windows Activation after reinstall on same computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation after reinstall on same computer: I want to gift my current PC to my son as I have just bought a new PC. The current PC is Windows 10 Pro and activation says "Windows is activated with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft account". I am going to reinstall windows afresh using a USB created using the...
  3. Windows Activation after reinstall on same computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Activation after reinstall on same computer: I want to gift my current PC to my son as I have just bought a new PC. The current PC is Windows 10 Pro and activation says "Windows is activated with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft account". I am going to reinstall windows afresh using a USB created using the...
  4. Windows Activation after reinstall on same computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Computer keep restarting after reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keep restarting after reinstalling Windows 10: Hi my computer keep restarting after I'm about to reinstall windows 10.Before it happen it just reinstalling normally and then after that it send me to bios and keep restarting and I did not finish my reinstalling of my windows 10....
  6. Computer keep restarting after reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer keep restarting after reinstalling Windows 10: Hi my computer keep restarting after I'm about to reinstall windows 10.Before it happen it just reinstalling normally and then after that it send me to bios and keep restarting and I did not finish my reinstalling of my windows 10....
  7. Computer keep restarting after reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Reinstalling windows 10 on the same pc

Reinstalling windows 10 on the same pc: Hello, I would like to reinstall windows on my same pc to get a genuine copy of windows and activate it with a product key. My question is if I reinstall windows 10 from a usb what will happen to my ssd that already has windows 10 on it? I’m trying to do a clean fresh install...
  9. Reinstalling Windows 10 to another SSD in the same computer

Reinstalling Windows 10 to another SSD in the same computer: Hello, Windows 10 is installed on my SSD, however since it's full, I've bought a new one much larger in storage capacity. My question is, what is the correct procedure to install Windows 10 to the new SSD? Here are a few details which might help to specify my situation...
  10. OEM VERSION REINSTALLATION IN SAME COMPUTER

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    OEM VERSION REINSTALLATION IN SAME COMPUTER: Sir, I have purchased activation key of windows 10 pro OEM version. I have used it on my computer to activate windows. May be I have to reinstall windows 10 pro in my computer due to some reason. Can I use that product key again to activate windows in my computer(same...