Windows 10: Computer keeps restarting never gets to lock screen

Discus and support Computer keeps restarting never gets to lock screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So yesterday i decided i try a different drive for my amd video card. I went to the amd site got the driver downloaded and then was promted with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by declancollins1, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Computer keeps restarting never gets to lock screen

So yesterday i decided i try a different drive for my amd video card. I went to the amd site got the driver downloaded and then was promted with a meessage asking to restart the computer. I click yes and when the computer boots up again i have a blue screen asking for which trouble shooting option i should use i try all of them. So i decide to just pull a factory reset. During the windows reinstalling process i get an error message. It said something along the lines of windows installation ran into an error click ok to restart and continue installation. So i click ok the computer restarts and now it had just been turning on and off for hours and i’ve tried holding shift while the computer starts up and the menu wont come up. so i have come here as a last resort hopefully someone can fix this. Sorry about the bad typing i wrote this on my phone because my pc won’t turn on.

:)

declancollins1, Sep 29, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Lock Screen keeps changing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows Spotlight picks the photos from Bing and displays them in the lock screen. I understand that you have set a picture and it is getting changed automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps to select the Picture that you want to be displayed on the lock screen. Please follow the steps mentioned below to set a Picture to lock screen:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open settings.
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Lock screen.
    4. Click on the drop down under Background and select
      Picture.
    5. Click on Browse and select the picture that you want to set.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 29, 2019
  3. computer keeps locking up...

him your computer locks up.... check what your running and see if it affects it cause this shouldn't happen it could be your ram or your mouse but i'm just giving a suggestion

k0rn_h0li0, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Computer keeps restarting never gets to lock screen

Computer stuck at lock screen and after Anniversary Update on Windows 10

Hi,

Do let us know if you are able to see any error message/ error code with locking the computer.

Let us try the below steps to unlock and check if it helps.

• I suggest you to restart the computer, try to unlock and check if the issue persists.
    • Use On-screen keyboard to type in your password and check if it helps.
    Click on the Ease of access on the lock screen at the right-bottom corner, turn on
    On-screen keyboard to type the password.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of unlocking the device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Computer keeps restarting never gets to lock screen

1. Computer keeps restarting never gets to lock screen - Similar Threads - Computer keeps restarting

2. computer gets to logo screen then restarts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer gets to logo screen then restarts.: I had factory reset my computer and after the reset got to 80% it cut to another screen and told me it would restart my computer multiple times while finishing up. However, it has been restarting for around 24 hours Now. I can’t get into any screen other than the logo screen...
  3. computer gets to logo screen then restarts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer gets to logo screen then restarts.: I had factory reset my computer and after the reset got to 80% it cut to another screen and told me it would restart my computer multiple times while finishing up. However, it has been restarting for around 24 hours Now. I can’t get into any screen other than the logo screen...
  4. computer gets to logo screen then restarts.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Computer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps restarting: Hello, I wiped my computer because I think it had some malware, but it keeps on restarting after I click an alert that is practically inescapable saying that my computer can’t install because it hit an error and the installation of windows can’t proceed. What should I do?...
  6. My computer keeps going to lock screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer keeps going to lock screen: Hi there - I've had a persistent issue with my lenovo laptop. I plug my laptop into a docking station, so I look at it on a separate, larger monitor. It keeps on going to screensaver/lock screen. I've tried everything. My power and sleep settings for screen is "never" for...
  7. sister's computer keeps restarting at the login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sister's computer keeps restarting at the login screen: My sister's computer keeps rebooting after reaching the login screen. After a few moments, it restarts with no error message. I have tried a fresh install but the computer restarted mid-way through the installation. I will be happy to give more information if asked. I just...
  8. Computer will not get past the lock screen properly

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Computer will not get past the lock screen properly: I have a friends machine a HP Pavillion desktop tower which will turn on and the go to the lock screen but will not run Windows once I put in the PIN number. There is a small box that is linked to a driver support software the does show up but I cannot get any net connection...
  9. Computer will not get past the lock screen properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer will not get past the lock screen properly: I have a friends machine a HP Pavillion desktop tower which will turn on and the go to the lock screen but will not run Windows once I put in the PIN number. There is a small box that is linked to a driver support software the does show up but I cannot get any net connection...
  10. NEVER been able to get lock screen slideshow to work

in Windows 10 Customization
    NEVER been able to get lock screen slideshow to work: If it's OK to change the subject slightly, I have NEVER been able to get ts work: [img] Ideas? 67017