Windows 10: Computer keeps restarting randomly.

Discus and support Computer keeps restarting randomly. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi guys, My computer keeps randomly restarting, ever since I have gotten it. Event IDs are always 10016 Warning / distributedCOM 6008 Error /source... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Gummy-Peach-Rings, May 18, 2020.

1. Computer keeps restarting randomly.

Hi guys,

My computer keeps randomly restarting, ever since I have gotten it. Event IDs are always

10016 Warning / distributedCOM

6008 Error /source event log

161 Error / source volmgr

41 critical / source kernel-power

The error codes shown when restarting are always different as well. Any suggestions?

submitted by /u/Gummy-Peach-Rings
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Gummy-Peach-Rings, May 18, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Laptop keeps randomly restarting

Hi Alex,

Your Windows 10 laptop may have encountered a system conflict that may have caused your laptop restart randomly. For us to help you with your Windows 10 concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What is the current build and version number of your Windows 10? To check, press the Windows key, type
      winver, and press the Enter key.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you have a third-party antivirus software installed?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, May 18, 2020
  3. random restarts

Hi Lili,

Hardware failure or system instability can cause the computer to
    randomly restarts. As our initial troubleshooting step, we suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter on your computer and check if it fixes the issue. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems look for
      Power.
    • Then Run the troubleshooter.

Update us with the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Marilou Ser, May 18, 2020
  4. ilgoldman Win User

Computer keeps restarting randomly.

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Computer keeps restarting randomly. :confused:*Mad Computer keeps restarting randomly. :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Computer keeps restarting randomly.

1. Computer keeps restarting randomly. - Similar Threads - Computer keeps restarting

2. My computer keeps randomly restarting, Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps randomly restarting, Windows 11: This started last night, I pasted the log below. It's on for about 20 minutes each time before it restarts. Any idea what could be causing this?Log Name: SystemSource: Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-LoggerDate: 6/9/2023 7:00:11 PMEvent ID: 18Task Category: NoneLevel:...
  3. My computer keeps randomly restarting, Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer keeps randomly restarting, Windows 11: This started last night, I pasted the log below. It's on for about 20 minutes each time before it restarts. Any idea what could be causing this?Log Name: SystemSource: Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-LoggerDate: 6/9/2023 7:00:11 PMEvent ID: 18Task Category: NoneLevel:...
  4. Why does my computer keep randomly restarting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer keep randomly restarting?: My computer has been randomly restarting recently. I am using Windows 10 version 21H2. I have already talked to Microsoft Support twice about this and neither of their suggestions have worked to stop the issue. Ever since the issue started on Monday, I started deleting...
  5. Computer randomly restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly restarts: I have Windows 11 installed on a new computer. It will randomly restart several times a day, and there isn't a discernable pattern to it. I've already tried many possible solutions, including a reinstall of Windows 11, BIOS update, and driver updates. I've also run numerous...
  6. computer randomly restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer randomly restarts: computer randomly restarts several times a day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-randomly-restarts/80eac5bf-8137-4a0a-b631-e7cdf0c770e6
  7. computer randomly restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer randomly restarts: computer randomly restarts several times a day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-randomly-restarts/80eac5bf-8137-4a0a-b631-e7cdf0c770e6
  8. Computer keeps randomly restarting without BSOD

Computer keeps randomly restarting without BSOD: my computer was having random shutdowns so i took it to a repair shop and they told me it had a bad pcie port so i bought a new motherboard, had the repair shop install it, and now im still having random shutdowns. It seems to only happen when i stream on twitch and game at...
  9. Computer randomly restarting

Computer randomly restarting: I just got a new graphics card a gtx 1650 super, so we put in there it worked fine. the next morning however it crashed whenever anything opened. then one time I was able to open a fairly demanding game and play it for a bit then I quit the game and then it crashed my...
  10. Computer Restarts Randomly

Computer Restarts Randomly: This issue has been persisting for a while now and I can't quite wrap my head around it. There are certain games that have been able to cause this repeatedly while other games that should be equally if not more intensive run just fine. For example I can run Red Dead 2 at...