Windows 10: Computer keeps restarting when launching or playing Games

Discus and support Computer keeps restarting when launching or playing Games in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]PC gamers are prone to encountering quite a number of issues on their Windows 11 or Windows 10 gaming computer. These issues could be VALORANT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 14, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Computer keeps restarting when launching or playing Games

Computer keeps restarting when launching or playing Games [​IMG]
    PC gamers are prone to encountering quite a number of issues on their Windows 11 or Windows 10 gaming computer. These issues could be VALORANT connection errors, Discord connection errors, Epic Games connection errors, Xbox games installation errors, game stuttering with FPS drops et al. In this post, we provide solutions to the issue of […]

This article Computer keeps restarting when launching or playing Games first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Sep 14, 2021

2. Windows 10 games crashing

Thank you for keeping us updated. To continue troubleshooting your concern, we recommend that you start your computer to normal mode to disable the unnecessary apps running in the background while you are playing. Here's how:

• Press Windows + R on the keyboard.  
    • Type msconfig, and then click OK.  
    • On the General tab, click the Normal Startup, and then click OK.  
    • When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.  

Once done, run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below:

• Go to the game folder and right click on the setup file.
    • Click on Properties and go to the Compatibility tab.
    • Under the Compatibility mode, check Run this program in compatibility mode for: and select the operating system where the game is compatible.
    • Let the drivers install and launch the game again.

If the issue persists, you may perform the suggested solutions provided on this

link

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Sep 14, 2021
  3. Game Bar freezes Computer

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better please provide us more information.

• What is the model number of the computer?

• Which game are you trying to play?
    • Try playing other games and check what the status is.
    Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. Visit the below link:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us...for-5th-generation-intel-core-processors.html

Method 3.

For the sound issue try the below steps.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall/reinstall the sound adapter driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Sound, video and game controllers
      to expand, right click on the device and click on uninstall.

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the sound adapter driver.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Sound, video and game controllers and right click on it and
      update the software.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 14, 2021
  4. Computer keeps restarting when launching or playing Games

Can't play pyramid solitaire game in Windows 10

Hi Lee,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please share this:

• Are you playing the game online or offline?

I suggest you to try installing the game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow these steps to install the game in compatibility mode.

• Download the game from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
      ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Sep 14, 2021
Thema:

Computer keeps restarting when launching or playing Games

1. Computer keeps restarting when launching or playing Games - Similar Threads - Computer keeps restarting

2. Computer keeps restarting when gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps restarting when gaming.: My computer keep restarting after barely ten minutes of gaming but will run smoothly on any other task. I can be watching YouTube for 2 hours and it will be fine but once I decide I want to play games the computer decides to randomly restart and it's usually after 7 - 10...
  3. Computer keeps restarting when gaming.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps restarting when gaming.: My computer keep restarting after barely ten minutes of gaming but will run smoothly on any other task. I can be watching YouTube for 2 hours and it will be fine but once I decide I want to play games the computer decides to randomly restart and it's usually after 7 - 10...
  4. Computer Keeps Crashing When Launching Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Keeps Crashing When Launching Games: Hello,I purchased a new PC about a month ago and experienced no issues. However, since a week ago, my computer encounters a BSOD and restarts everytime I try to launch specific games. Some games I encounter no issues while others cause the crash. I have already updated my...
  5. Computer Keeps Crashing When Launching Games

Computer Keeps Crashing When Launching Games: Hello,I purchased a new PC about a month ago and experienced no issues. However, since a week ago, my computer encounters a BSOD and restarts everytime I try to launch specific games. Some games I encounter no issues while others cause the crash. I have already updated my...
  6. Computer crashes and restarts when playing games.

Computer crashes and restarts when playing games.: when playing games my computer shuts down completely and restarts when I look into the event viewer I get the kernel-power error 41. A little later into the event viewer i get WHEA-logger error 18....
  7. Computer keeps restarting when trying to launch a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps restarting when trying to launch a game: I've tried everything i can think of to fix this issue but nothing has worked. Looking in the event log i think that the issue is caused by this error codeThe application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with...
  8. Computer keeps restarting when trying to launch a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps restarting when trying to launch a game: I've tried everything i can think of to fix this issue but nothing has worked. Looking in the event log i think that the issue is caused by this error codeThe application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with...
  9. Computer keeps restarting when trying to launch a game

10. Playing a game when the computer restarted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Playing a game when the computer restarted: I just built a new computer recently, and was playing a game when suddenly the computer restarted. I looked into event logs and it showed this. Should I be worried. Thanks. * Original title: windows 10 [ATTACH]...