Windows 10: Computer keeps restarting

Discus and support Computer keeps restarting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I clicked something last night that was supposed erase unused apps etc in oder to help with speed of computer. I originally searched in the windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MichelleShivers1, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Computer keeps restarting

I clicked something last night that was supposed erase unused apps etc in oder to help with speed of computer. I originally searched in the windows 10 search menu “fix slow computer.” I clicked fix now and a list of apps to be removed were listed. I approved and now it is restarting over and over. I cant even get to a screen to see whats going on bc it won’t boot. Please help.

:)

MichelleShivers1, Mar 29, 2020

2. Computer not booting to desktop, stuck at Restarting screen

Hi Fred,

Thank you for posting in Community.

The issue might occur if the system is not Shut down properly. As you have already tried restarting the system several times, I suggest you to perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Turn Off the computer and remove the power cable.
    • Long press the Power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Plug in the power cable and switch on the computer.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 29, 2020
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Computer keeps restarting

Computer crashes and restarts periodically

Hello Kurt,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

What is the make and model of your computer?

What is the anti-virus program on the computer?

I suggest you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you

Ruth Buruga, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

Computer keeps restarting

1. Computer keeps restarting - Similar Threads - Computer keeps restarting

2. Computer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps restarting: Hello, I wiped my computer because I think it had some malware, but it keeps on restarting after I click an alert that is practically inescapable saying that my computer can’t install because it hit an error and the installation of windows can’t proceed. What should I do?...
  3. Computer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps restarting: Hello, I wiped my computer because I think it had some malware, but it keeps on restarting after I click an alert that is practically inescapable saying that my computer can’t install because it hit an error and the installation of windows can’t proceed. What should I do?...
  4. Computer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Computer Keeps on Restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Keeps on Restarting: I decided to use the activation key from an old family PC and now whenever I check my microsoft account it always sets it up as that PC even when I do not use an activation code. This is problematic because I believe my computer is now running windows 8 on a windows 10...
  6. Computer Keeps on Restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Keeps on Restarting: I decided to use the activation key from an old family PC and now whenever I check my microsoft account it always sets it up as that PC even when I do not use an activation code. This is problematic because I believe my computer is now running windows 8 on a windows 10...
  7. Computer Keeps on Restarting

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. Computer Keeps Restarting

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Keeps Restarting: Due to having little storage I decided to reset my windows 10 laptop. As it was reseting, halfway through it said it ran into a error and needed to try again. I clicked on Return to Windows 10 and then my computer restarted. Then it kept restarting and continues to do so. I...
  9. Computer Keeps Restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Keeps Restarting: I'm having an issue. Earlier today I started experiencing an issue where my computer will hard restart itself. I'm usually experiencing these restarts when I spend some time on a browser, using Firefox right now. Seems to happen slower when I'm just browsing. But when I get...
  10. Computer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps restarting: I have an MSI Stealth Pro laptop (model gs63vr 7rf) and it crashes/reboots itself a few times a day. It seems to happen if I leave it for too long. I've looked in the event log and can't see anything which pinpoints the cause of the reboots, all I can find is a message after...