Windows 10: Computer keeps shutting down

Discus and support Computer keeps shutting down in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, My computer keeps shutting down every few days while I am working. This has never happened before. Is there any way to stop this from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RossanaPassalacqua, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Computer keeps shutting down

Hi,

My computer keeps shutting down every few days while I am working.

This has never happened before.

Is there any way to stop this from re-occuring and losing documents I am working on.

Thanks

:)

RossanaPassalacqua, Nov 11, 2020
  2. AndreePin Win User

Computer keeps shutting down

Hi,

For us to get a better grasp of your query, please provide the following:

• Error message that you receive
    • Basic troubleshooting steps taken
    In the meantime, I suggest that you follow the instructions provided on this
    link

I'll keep an eye out for your reply.

AndreePin, Nov 11, 2020
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    My Computer Keeps Shutting Down By Itself But Not Infected Or Hacked.

Hi Ethan,

There several reasons why your computer is shutting down automatically. For us to provide you the proper troubleshooting steps, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • Are you encountering an error message when your computer automatically shuts down? If so, what is the error message that you're getting?
    • Does the issue occur when you're performing a specific task on your computer or does it occur randomly?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far?

Argel Obm, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Computer keeps shutting down

Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Computer keeps shutting down

1. Computer keeps shutting down - Similar Threads - Computer keeps shutting

2. Computer keeps randomly shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer keeps randomly shutting down: My computer is a dell g3 with alienware driver windows 10the event log keep looping between Event ID: 6062Event ID: 9007Event ID: 187Event ID: 9008Event ID: 42. - which then puts the system to sleep, sleep reason: application APIthe reason for sleeping is not over heating as...
  3. Computer keeps randomly shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps randomly shutting down: My computer is a dell g3 with alienware driver windows 10the event log keep looping between Event ID: 6062Event ID: 9007Event ID: 187Event ID: 9008Event ID: 42. - which then puts the system to sleep, sleep reason: application APIthe reason for sleeping is not over heating as...
  4. Computer keeps randomly shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. computer keeps shutting down randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer keeps shutting down randomly: I really need help with my computer. My computer keeps randomly shutting down and when i turn it back on it loses all its charge. Like right now it was at 100 percent, but it randomly shut down and now it has zero. what should i do please, i need to use my computer for...
  6. computer keeps shutting down randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer keeps shutting down randomly: I really need help with my computer. My computer keeps randomly shutting down and when i turn it back on it loses all its charge. Like right now it was at 100 percent, but it randomly shut down and now it has zero. what should i do please, i need to use my computer for...
  7. Computer keeps freezing then shutting down...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps freezing then shutting down...: While playing games, mainly world of warcraft my PC will randomly Freeze completely, no ctrl alt delete, no task manager no nothing.. just freezes then either both monitors go different colours and resets, or I need to forcefully shutdown my pc. My in-game world of warcraft...
  8. my computer keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my computer keeps shutting down: how do I stop my computer from shutting down while I am using it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keeps-shutting-down/c2bd0494-5456-482e-a44a-241dbe4db410
  9. Computer keeps shutting down.

Computer keeps shutting down.: I've had this computer for about a year and a half, it has random shutdowns and I've been unable to identify the source of the problem: Operating System: Windows 10 Pro-64-bit Processor: Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor Motherboard: ASUS PRIME Z390-P Memory: 32 GB [8 GB...
  10. Computer Keeps Freezing then shutting down

Computer Keeps Freezing then shutting down: Good evening, I have had this problem approximately 3/4months after I purchased my laptop. My laptop will freeze (it will turn what ever colour is the main propotion of the colour on the screen at that specifici time and on running the error report I get this error:-...