Windows 10: Computer keeps shutting off unexpectedly

Discus and support Computer keeps shutting off unexpectedly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. I am having a problem with my Windows 10 Home 64-bit computer, every few often my computer would shut off without warning (like if the power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JanPisanec, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Computer keeps shutting off unexpectedly

Hello.

I am having a problem with my Windows 10 Home 64-bit computer, every few often my computer would shut off without warning (like if the power cable was pulled out). So i had gone to the windows event viewer and there was a Critical Kernel-Power 41 (63) error. Can anyone please help me out with this? Is it a problem with the hardware or a software?

Details:

Log Name: System

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

Date: 09/11/2018 18:14:02

Event ID: 41

Task Category: (63)

Level: Critical

Keywords: (70368744177664),(2)

User: SYSTEM

Computer: DESKTOP-LB64H5L

Description:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />

<EventID>41</EventID>

<Version>6</Version>

<Level>1</Level>

<Task>63</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-11-09T17:14:02.269286100Z" />

<EventRecordID>28863</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-LB64H5L</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>

<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>

<Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>

<Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>

<Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>

<Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">0</Data>

<Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>

<Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

:)

JanPisanec, Nov 9, 2018
  2. xarzu Win User

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

xarzu, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Paulieg Win User

OK, first complete your system specs, as it will help us diagnose your problem. Second, can you be a bit more descriptive about the "shut off"? Does it go through the windows shut down procedure, or does the power just shut off completely?

Paulieg, Nov 9, 2018
  4. BRU
    bru Win User

Computer keeps shutting off unexpectedly

Computer shutting down unexpectedly (after upgrade)

Win 7 Desktop upgraded to Win 10 on 25-July. All was well until 9-Aug and 10-Aug when computer has shut down unexpectedly. In Reliability Monitor it shows (Windows) Photos stopped working on both days. Then after the crash the monitor shows Windows was not properly shut down, stopped working and shut down unexpectedly. Related? No changes have been made other than installing a few programs (CCleaner, Speccy) immediately after the upgrade. I did not have this issue when it was on Win 7.

edit: This has happened two more times since I originally posted. Computer was going to sleep but instead of power button being amber, it was unlit. Pressing it restarted the computer and again I saw that Windows was not properly shutdown, stopped working and shut down unexpectedly. I will attach a second dm log file. Also I have updated System Specs to reflect this desktop computer.

Thema:

Computer keeps shutting off unexpectedly

1. Computer keeps shutting off unexpectedly - Similar Threads - Computer keeps shutting

2. PC shutting off unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shutting off unexpectedly: Hello,So recently I have been having a lot of crashes. Maybe for the past few weeks or so. No blue screen of death or anything, the PC just goes to a black screen, crashes then restarts. It has done it while playing games, watching Youtube or even just idling. I have updated...
  3. PC shutting off unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC shutting off unexpectedly: Hello,So recently I have been having a lot of crashes. Maybe for the past few weeks or so. No blue screen of death or anything, the PC just goes to a black screen, crashes then restarts. It has done it while playing games, watching Youtube or even just idling. I have updated...
  4. Computer Keeps shutting down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Keeps shutting down unexpectedly: I am continuously having my PC shut down when using it. Sometimes it happens when playing games, other times it happens when the computer is sitting idle. It happens at least once per day, but after the computer shuts down it seems fine for the rest of the day. Here is the...
  5. Computer Keeps shutting down unexpectedly

Computer Keeps shutting down unexpectedly: I am continuously having my PC shut down when using it. Sometimes it happens when playing games, other times it happens when the computer is sitting idle. It happens at least once per day, but after the computer shuts down it seems fine for the rest of the day. Here is the...
  6. My computer keeps shutting down unexpectedly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps shutting down unexpectedly.: On the reliability monitor it just says that windows stopped working. Under 'technical details', I got:Problem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 50Parameter 1: ffff9b84fec48540Parameter 2: 2Parameter 3: fffff805658dc851Parameter 4: 2OS version: 10_0_22621Service...
  7. My computer keeps shutting down unexpectedly.

My computer keeps shutting down unexpectedly.: On the reliability monitor it just says that windows stopped working. Under 'technical details', I got:Problem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 50Parameter 1: ffff9b84fec48540Parameter 2: 2Parameter 3: fffff805658dc851Parameter 4: 2OS version: 10_0_22621Service...
  8. My computer keeps shutting off!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer keeps shutting off!: Hello! So I wanted to see what the problem with my computer is. Windows 10 LaptopMy computer specs areIntelR CoreTM i5-5300U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.29 GHzWith 12 GB of DDR3 RamSo basically, Every 30-40 Minutes my computer just shuts off. However, in the second of shutting down, a...
  9. My computer keeps shutting off!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps shutting off!: Hello! So I wanted to see what the problem with my computer is. Windows 10 LaptopMy computer specs areIntelR CoreTM i5-5300U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.29 GHzWith 12 GB of DDR3 RamSo basically, Every 30-40 Minutes my computer just shuts off. However, in the second of shutting down, a...
  10. My computer keeps shutting off!

Users found this page by searching for:

1. programs shut down unexpectedly windows 10