Windows 10: Computer keeps slowing down

Discus and support Computer keeps slowing down in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys, I recently got onto my computer and it was acting really strange. It suddenly got slow for some reason. So I looked on the web, I scanned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by iusesettingsalot, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Computer keeps slowing down

Hey guys,

I recently got onto my computer and it was acting really strange. It suddenly got slow for some reason. So I looked on the web, I scanned for viruses, freed up some space, updated my drivers & software. It was still the same thing and I feel like upgrading to Linux, I had this issue for awhile. My FPS dropped to about 20-30 FPS.

Any ideas?

:)

iusesettingsalot, Feb 18, 2021

2. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Feb 18, 2021
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Feb 18, 2021
  4. Computer keeps slowing down

slowness in computer usage.

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What makes you think that system is running slow? Is it when you are trying to run application?

• Did you install any third party security application?
    From the screenshot that you have provided, I understood that it’s not the issue with the disk usage. The slowness might be due to the memory usage.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run maintenance task and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X from the desktop.

• Select Control panel and Select System and Security.

• Click on Troubleshoot common computer problems under System and maintenance.

• Now Run maintenance task under
      System and security
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

Computer keeps slowing down

1. Computer keeps slowing down - Similar Threads - Computer keeps slowing

2. Slowed down computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slowed down computer: Has anyone had this problem. Since i installed the update KB5031356 my computer as become a to act at a snail pace I have uninstalled the update and will see the response once it it is out.George...
  3. Slowed down computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slowed down computer: Has anyone had this problem. Since i installed the update KB5031356 my computer as become a to act at a snail pace I have uninstalled the update and will see the response once it it is out.George...
  4. Slowed down computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Computer Slowing Down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Slowing Down: I have had this computer for about 3 years. 1070ti, 32GB ram, 8th gen i7 8700k, 1.5TB SSD, and 2.5TB HDD. It's not a bad build, but recently I have noticed EXTREME lagging while opening up either VR games or even playing a game for too long. Is there any fix? or do I just...
  6. Computer slowed down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer slowed down: My pc was running very slow for last few days. I did not install new except some updates ( I'm not talking about windows 10 updates ). My antivirus shows no activity of malware's. When I try to turn pc on or off it takes roughly 5 minutes. Things like blender, Photoshop or...
  7. pc keeps slowing down

in Windows 10 Customization
    pc keeps slowing down: hi all ive recently built myself a new pc not the first time ive done this but this time it keeps crashing when i try to play any games on it. Ive looked on the event viewer and the only thing i can find ir an error code 10016 dcom. the pc is x99 mainboard with an intel i7...
  8. Computer slows down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer slows down: After booting, my computer works just fine. Then, after some time, everything slows down to a crawl. I have not been able to find out what's going on. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-slows-down/8a5643b9-aec4-4b48-aa5d-49e3d8339931
  9. Computer randomly slowing down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer randomly slowing down: Yesterday, at one point, my Internet connection suddenly became extremely slow, to the point where I was unable to load any pages in Chrome. A few minutes later, the issue resolved itself. I saw in Task Manager that System was using a significant percentage of the CPU during...
  10. Python.exe slowing computer down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Python.exe slowing computer down: I stupidly downloaded Plex for my videos and now it is slowing everything down. In tsk manager I notice multiple Python processes running. I am not a computer whiz so I don't know what to do. HELP...