Windows 10: Computer keeps stalling after installing Windows 10, what can I do?

Discus and support Computer keeps stalling after installing Windows 10, what can I do? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Love everybody, I'm redoing a laptop for a colleague of mine. Normally this always works out very well, but this time I have problems that I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DarkApe, Jun 9, 2020.

1. DarkApe Win User

Computer keeps stalling after installing Windows 10, what can I do?

Love everybody,

I'm redoing a laptop for a colleague of mine. Normally this always works out very well, but this time I have problems that I can't fix on my own.

Yesterday I installed Windows 10 (via USB stick) and formatted and repartitioned everything before, so I really cleaned the whole system. Before that the computer had Windows 8.1 on it.

Since I have now installed Windows 10, the laptop is jerking violently. The mouse pointer stops and moves once every second (no matter if touchpad or mouse). Also the windows take longer to open. In general the laptop has been very slow before, but this time I'm sure it's something else. What can I do? I have tried various things from the internet and nothing helped.

Computer model: HP 14
    Processor: AMD E1-2100 APU, 2 core
    Graphic: Radeon(TM) HD Graphics (8210) 1.00 GHz
    RAM: 4.00 GB (3.47 usable)
    System type: 64-bit
    Windows 10 Home, Build 18363

It's brand new, so nothing on it that I installed manually.

• CPU not overloaded, but fluctuates every second (always goes up and down steeply)
    • Superfetch is already deactivated
    • for performance I have already optimized it
    • Windows Shell (scanhealth, checkhealth, restorehealth) I have already done
    • According to Windows, all drivers are up to date
    • I'm getting all kinds of other signals that everything is fine.
    I'm hoping someone can help me.

Kind regards

:)

DarkApe, Jun 9, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Papahyooie, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer keeps stalling after installing Windows 10, what can I do? - Similar Threads - Computer keeps stalling

2. When I try to install the Windows 10 update, it installs to 61% & then stalls! What to do now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to install the Windows 10 update, it installs to 61% & then stalls! What to do now?: I've tried this a few times, each time, same response.Windows tells me to update my Windows 10.I start the process. My compputer "get ready", then begins the installation.When it gets to 61%, it just stops. Stops & does not continue.What am I supposed to do? I cannot figure...
  3. When I try to install the Windows 10 update, it installs to 61% & then stalls! What to do now?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I try to install the Windows 10 update, it installs to 61% & then stalls! What to do now?: I've tried this a few times, each time, same response.Windows tells me to update my Windows 10.I start the process. My compputer "get ready", then begins the installation.When it gets to 61%, it just stops. Stops & does not continue.What am I supposed to do? I cannot figure...
  4. When I try to install the Windows 10 update, it installs to 61% & then stalls! What to do now?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. What can I do to have Window 10 installed.

What can I do to have Window 10 installed.: Split from this thread. My operating system is 8,1 ,it is activated in the PC with a legal licence.I tried to install window 10 several times with the Window.iso I downloded from Microsoft and after 9% of the Update phase it stops and bring me back to my 8.1 software.The...
  6. What can I do to have Window 10 installed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What can I do to have Window 10 installed.: Split from this thread. My operating system is 8,1 ,it is activated in the PC with a legal licence.I tried to install window 10 several times with the Window.iso I downloded from Microsoft and after 9% of the Update phase it stops and bring me back to my 8.1 software.The...
  7. What can I do to have Window 10 installed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 install stalled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 install stalled: I'm trying to install Windows 10 Pro full version on a new harddrive from a DVD. I get the messages that a media driver is missing and then when I browse that no device drivers were found....
  9. Upgrading to Windows 10 and it keeps stalling

Upgrading to Windows 10 and it keeps stalling: I am trying to update my Surface Pro 3 that I just purchased used. I am downloading the update to my surface and it gets completely through everything fine until it gets to Getting Updates. I have tried twice now but it is stalling at the same place as before, 46%. What can I...
  10. Windows 10 installation stalls

Windows 10 installation stalls: I am attempting to install W10 through USB drive. However as I go through the setup steps, at some point the mouse will start lagging and the setup goes stuck. I don't know if it's a memory problem since I have 3gb of RAM. However if the PC is turned off for a long time the...